Rorybanevojske

442nd, no shield rushing.

What your suggestion is:

Any rule to stop 442nd to be more enjoyable for everyone around them during events. (Example, Make it so 442nd cannot push with a shield unless it's an official push ordered by batt. Keep it on the barricades or a defensive shield wall until then)

Scriptfodder/workshop link:
N/A

Any additional information:
As an EC, it's annoying enough to see 442nd rush with their shield, and then when all the EC's stop focusing on them, they just pull out a gun. Then proceed to shoot at us from behind, then when we start shooting at them again. They pull out a shield and return to medic and repeat.  I believe the purpose of 442nd is not to be a flanking unit.

They also tend to push with one person, and use this as a valid excuse to HP rush but once that's person's dead, all they do is jump around with their shield up and continue to do as above or sit in a corner in with a shield and try to block all shots with ec's around them which still is dumb in itself. Doesn't seem realistic.

It also makes it more enjoyable not to see fellow EC's start chasing the 442nd because they're basically not functioning correctly, and just chasing someone they can't kill and allowing us to get overrun by republic forces. I know this is is an EC problem, but it's incurable when the EP choses CT ET's as EC's due to lack of volounteers.

But not just as an EC but as a clone, I've experienced problems where 442nd go rushing in front of me and keep preventing us from killing EC's because they love hugging them. Making it difficult to shoot the EC. 

However, this rule won't remove all the fun, as 442nd can still push as long as batt order a push.

Edited by Rorybanevojske

You can’t really remove shield pushing but then leave it open to battalion orders as in most cases, it’s the job of the regimental commander to instruct 442nd.

Also, if you are struggling as an EC then you should join EC comms on TS and ask for impact grenades etc and then the event host will see if it’s necessary.

Haha honestly I agree, that’s why we decided to add basic shield training for all enlisted troopers where they are explained the rules and what happens if you don’t follow them. Every enlisted trooper is trained and cannot go up to NCO if they aren’t. 

Sometimes you still see this happening unfortunately! It tends to be when battalion ask for a shield wall/push when only a relatively small amount of 442nd are on (1-2). Obviously with limited members in a shield push it becomes useless which is why all battalion should know understand this after a lovely man reiterated this for us.

I can’t lie, relatively often 442nd get a bit of stick from higher ranking members within the community and the people underneath them tend to agree with their opinion because why not? I might be wrong but I feel like your opinion may have been influenced In a similiar way which is kind of annoying. Sometimes it’s best to remember that it’s not all about you having fun because 442nd doesn’t seem to make events “less enjoyable” for every regiment. Only one regiment comes to mind!

Must agree with tasker here along with the fact he can't control every event as he isnt present all day every day same with the hierarchy and your own bane, Battalion dont have much excuse anymore after multiple documents where made for each regiment how to utilize them ect myself and cheese did that, I think your looking at this to much from an EC point of view without the shields in some of these events it would be impossible for clones to fight back effectively especially in tight corridors, Shield basic training is a thing and each ET+ is taught how to use it effectively, The only person who isn't enjoying the "Event" is yourself I could complain about GM or any other regiment HP rushing same with RC ect, wont change that fact over along with you being in 501st, 442nd only do most things now by the commanding battalion and the amount of abuse they get for doing as they are told is stupid and I also believe you are highly hypocritical here bane as I have seen you HP rush in with a shotgun alone multiple times.

The regiment is not the problem and if EC's are only "CT ET's" take that up with the event planner instead of blaming regiments along with you can't expect 3 people to micromanage 10+ when they themselves have things to do in the fight / event, I also think maybe you should be going to the EC comms and pitch idea's as an EC as the EP might be more understanding or will give you something to combat said shield I think this thread should be redone bane to what each regiment does as they are all guilty running in solo a time or two using the equipment they have.

Please stop waffling and flinging abuse at people who don't deserve it each event there will always be something distasteful that happens as you cannot please everyone and thats not on battalion the EP's who dedicate their  time for you or 442nd honestly man you should get a bit of a grip.

Current Ranks:

Battalion 2nd Lieutenant 

Previous Ranks:

CG EXO|501st SGT|SCT EXO|Event Planner|DT Commander|41st CPL|104th MJR

16 hours ago, uncletasker said:

Haha honestly I agree, that’s why we decided to add basic shield training for all enlisted troopers where they are explained the rules and what happens if you don’t follow them. Every enlisted trooper is trained and cannot go up to NCO if they aren’t. 

Sometimes you still see this happening unfortunately! It tends to be when battalion ask for a shield wall/push when only a relatively small amount of 442nd are on (1-2). Obviously with limited members in a shield push it becomes useless which is why all battalion should know understand this after a lovely man reiterated this for us.

I can’t lie, relatively often 442nd get a bit of stick from higher ranking members within the community and the people underneath them tend to agree with their opinion because why not? I might be wrong but I feel like your opinion may have been influenced In a similiar way which is kind of annoying. Sometimes it’s best to remember that it’s not all about you having fun because 442nd doesn’t seem to make events “less enjoyable” for every regiment. Only one regiment comes to mind!

I agree with the fact that battalion are sometimes not understanding how the situation is for certain regiments during events (Eg: Ordering a push when the rear isn't clear) but to understand that organisation in events can only be done so much,  and I would say in events, having a rule against 442nd shield pushing may be more organised as it allows them to focus on defensive things like protecting medics, ECs launching an offensive against the frontline (HP rushing is of concern to the EPs) compared to a situation where 442nd can abuse their shield constantly as to not benefit of others. (Blocking me as a 501st from taking down hostile as they get in the way, only focusing on defending themselves and doing the prior example of how they use their shield to jump around whilst in hostile territory to avoid dying but annoying ECs.   Also emphasis on the fact that injured  troops need medics and medics need protecting whilst healing these troopers)

But I am writing this completely from my own experience as an EC AND 501st. I can't speak for everyone in my problems with the 442nd, but the issue I'm aiming here is to prevent rogue 442nd from pushing with little to no proper combat forces backing them up, and prevent them from providing more annoyance to the battlefield than the true purpose of the game which is to have fun.  Not abolishing the idea of 442nd shield pushing all together.

The 442nd is a good regiment, but sometimes they do cause a bit of a hassle on the frontlines as a defensive regiment.