STEAM_0:1:105005708
Steam Name:
Rorybanevojske
What is the reason for your Warn:
Prop Abuse
Name of the staff member who Warned you:
Jakk
Why do I believe that I should be Unwarned:

Use of prop killing props in event (A door that was unfrozen), I knocked a 1x1 block against it and it flew away.

Got warned for prop abuse.
Evidence:

In this image, The door which was used (I spawned this example one in) was attached to the obvious area

When we got to the door, I decided to help the batt out by knocking slightly with a small prop (Just to represent a knock) in which the prop disappeared from the entire atmosphere.

I got dragged aside by a moderator EC who was standing behind the door who warned me for prop abuse because they had a loose prop that was meant to be used to prop kill for some reason in the event. In which I deemed to be dumb as the usage of prop killing with doors is unreasonable and the fact that the door got screwed up because I slightly touched it with a block doesn't make me feel as if it's prop abuse.

image.png?width=1202&height=676

Saw the clip, looked like blatant prop abuse to me

Current Rank(s):

Rear Admiral

Previous Ranks:

Head of Battalion, 501st Executive Officer, Senior Medic, 74th Advanced Medical Officer, Doom's Unit Captain, Jedi Senior Consular
===============================================================================================

image.png.09d330c32cd12d09ca9a3c15bcf47010.png

Moderator In Question
The event was laid out with a series of the these doors in question. They were used to create a funny interaction between the Lead EC (Also Myself) and the leading battalion. To my knowledge, the first time the door was used the prop killed was unintentional as it was simply meant to fall to the ground and make a grand entrance for the ECs behind. As was the case when the door was reversed later in the event for the republic to breach it simply bounced off the ECs and did minimal damage. 

The Report In Question

I witnessed Bane (the one warned) spawn a prop and push it through the door with a physics gun which in turn ruined the effect that was desired by the EP (Rex + Pinky). A full layout of the events that followed can be seen in this clip supplied by Stack. This event was also witnessed by a handful of other staff and the EP himself. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5f74a86n86mf40/Garrysmod%202023.03.27%20-%2019.48.53.02.DVR%20-%20Trim.mp4?dl=0

The clip shows Bane spawning a prop picking it up with his physics gun and promptly push it through the door. I believe the intention of this was to simulate a knock on the door which was clearly stated was only meant to be done by the leading Battalion. As soon as I witnessed this and being stood on the other side of the door I quickly picked him up with my physics gun to pull him away from the area. Quickly grabbed his name and pulled him in for a staff sit. He immediately got defensive shifting blame onto the EP for having a "Prop Kill" door and was adamant his warning should be removed. At which time Fors and Henk came to give a second opinion (Henk of which also witnessed the event). However, the clip shows blatant prop abuse which is inexcusable. 

Senior Battalion

CWRP Moderator

Furry

1874733271_PurposeExecutionj.thumb.png.4660a1e4695b8bc8342939cedbea50ab.png

I mean, you said it yourself. 

"They had a loose prop that was meant to be used to prop kill for some reason in the event." 

I doubt the EP's intentions for the door was just to prop kill someone I would've thought maybe more along the lines of the door being blasted open in RP fashion. You more or less interfered with the event by spawning in a prop to move the door you already knew was loose!

I was not aware of it being unfrozen and of it's possibility to prop kill after I simulated knocking the door of which I noticed that if it's unfrozen and welded, it's commonly classified as a prop that can and will cause prop kill. And if you want to simulate a door being blown open, you can still do it with a frozen prop.

Edited by Rorybanevojske

As you told me in the staff sit you knew that the door was unfrozen because it would damage you when you stood near it. Then you said to keep it from damaging people you used a prop to "Knock" on the door. The thing I don't understand is why didn't you call staff as soon as you knew what was going on, but instead you decided to prop abuse. There were 4 staff members in the sit who have witnessed you're statements. So I don't know why you made the statement above. 

Current Rank's:
CE Commander
CWRP Senior Administrator
Past Rank's:
CE Executive Officer
CWRP Administrator

Two things I see wrong in the clip. Number one is that you shouldn't of even been knocking the door, it said leading batt. Secondly, you can see two attempts at knocking, in the first, it was a light touch, in which even then you saw the door move from its position so common sense should tell you that the prop isn't frozen, meaning you should stop. Aswell as this, the doors had been used at least 4 times before this, so you would've realized that the door was going to fly somewhere. 

Current Ranks

[CWRP] 

41st ARC 2nd LT | Administrator | Jedi Padawan | Detainment Droid 

Past Ranks

[CWRP]

501st Commander | 501st Sergeant | Jedi Operator | Jedi PadawanEvent Planner Clone Guard Private

Jedi Peacekeeper 501st Special Operations Colonel | Clone Force 99 Squad Leader H-07 

Detainment Droid | Reserve Medic | GM Fire Droid

Jedi Guardian Jedi Knight | CT 3166

[IRP]

Jump Trooper Private Scout Trooper Sargent | Sith Apprentice | ST 3166 | Shock Trooper Private

[IORP]

T-SEC Lance Corporal Fonollio

[T-RP]

Jump Trooper Lance Corporal | Hutt Clan Henchman

[ICRP]

Jump Trooper Lance Corporal | Pyke Henchman

[IRP]

Jump Trooper Jr Medic 2nd Lieutenant

Sheep.png

In the 1st place you shouldnt have open the door bcs it says leading batt knock | It is clearly prop abuse you doing that ruined the whole scenario 

Current CWRP Ranks:
Event Planner, CG Detainment Droid, 104th ARC CPT
Previous CWRP Ranks:
Jedi Man Of Arms Sub path Leader🪦, Man Of Arms🪦DU ARC Colonel, Jedi Senior Guardian, 501st Lance Corporal, 104th Sergeant, 442nd Sergeant, GM Lieutenant, Scout
spacer.png

1 hour ago, Nox said:

Two things I see wrong in the clip. Number one is that you shouldn't of even been knocking the door, it said leading batt. Secondly, you can see two attempts at knocking, in the first, it was a light touch, in which even then you saw the door move from its position so common sense should tell you that the prop isn't frozen, meaning you should stop. Aswell as this, the doors had been used at least 4 times before this, so you would've realized that the door was going to fly somewhere. 

All I can say to that is a trigger instinct to knock twice even if I'm in a gmod game. I wouldn't say my brain didn't process the seconds in between.

47 minutes ago, Pinky said:

In the 1st place you shouldnt have open the door bcs it says leading batt knock | It is clearly prop abuse you doing that ruined the whole scenario 

I knew that, but I took that as a passiveRP and not literally the door would be used to bust out at them.

1 hour ago, Henk - DutchDavin said:

As you told me in the staff sit you knew that the door was unfrozen because it would damage you when you stood near it. Then you said to keep it from damaging people you used a prop to "Knock" on the door. The thing I don't understand is why didn't you call staff as soon as you knew what was going on, but instead you decided to prop abuse. There were 4 staff members in the sit who have witnessed you're statements. So I don't know why you made the statement above. 

If I did say something along those lines, I apologise. But I meant that if the door is unfrozen it's gonna cause prop kill of which, I will say that Jakk was literally standing behind it and should of seen that it's gonna cause prop kill.