malnjayz

Malns Staff App

RP Character name(s): John Maln

Steam Name: WG Jemand Stalingrad 3000

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_0:0:194557643

Age when applying: 18

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: Germany, CEST(UTC+2)

Can you speak and type English fluently: Indeed

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): Around 3-6 hours(beta)

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP: CFU Member | User

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes I own a microphone, for communication I prefer to speak.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: I firsst joined the server on the 22. for the beta, taking a forced break since.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums: While being on the SWRP Server, I almost always am on the TeamSpeak not talking to people but rather being on demand if someone wants to talk.(Our Regiment uses the Discord primarily). I check out whats going on in the forums at least every second day, most of the time every day.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen): Warns isnt on the server yet, Im quite sure Im at 0 Bans,Kicks,Warns yet tho, also utime_enable 1 wasnt recognized by my console.

State the role of staff on the server: Staff will be there to better the experience for everyone in the community. They accomplish this by helping new players find their way around, moderate the chat for offensive language and deal with FailRP or people who are just not there to roleplay. Most rule breaking however should be treatet by by In-Game matters, only massive disruptiveness should be handled by Staffing Personnel.

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+): City 24 is one of the many numerical named cities of the Combine/Universal Union. It is inspired by and set near Geneva, Switzerland and sets itself apart from other cities with its high buildings which are almost half as big as the citadel. Another point that sets the city apart from other cities is that it is clustered with propaganda of the UU (Universal Union) and the Combine. Red banners with the city logo as well as red posters with propaganda messages and demands to join the combine are part of the city's image just as much as the old broken buildings at the border of the city. The city's main building is called the Nexus, the Combines main operation center, from there roads lead into the different corners of the city. Underground, in the sewers and in broken buildings a resistance group called “Lambda” has formed, planning assaults on the Universal Union in order to overthrow the oppressive government.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? Unfortunately i didnt have the chance yet as they havent ben released yet.

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?: Same as above

List of all previous server staff experience: Former Head of Staff on a way smaller server, giving me experience with ulx aswell as bwhitelist and blogs.

List of all previous RP experience: CT EXO on the WG SWRP Server / Multiple High Position on the small server / Got to know and embrace the workings of HLRP through the beta and some reading and videos beforehand

Have you added the Manager on Steam? I have sent him a Friend Request

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? I have sent him a Friend Request as well

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? And I have sent him a Friend Request as well

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Just like everyone should be withdrawn from their position if they prove themselves unsuited, I completely understand that I can be demoted with sufficient reasoning.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would observer the player that is supposedly doing so, if it is in a massively disruptive matter I would intervent, however if he is properly RPing I would tell the reporting player to inform Civil Protection about it so they can handle it In-Character.

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction: I would explain him the various ways of how to join one of the factions.(e.g. apply at the Nexus to become part of CP / I dont know how joining the other factions works just yet, but I am sure I will find out once the server releases. / I would imagine joining Lambda involves getting into the Sewers and asking them to join or being recruited by someone of the self-organized resistance groups.)

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around: If he is performing uncivil behaviour I would warn him verbally IC, if he doesnt stop I report him to CP and if he is getting imprisoned I would tp to him to make sure he knows which rule he broke.

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: (i assume, "he is not willing to RP with it properly" means someone already tried talking to him about his behaviour)I report it to whoever is his Superior, so they can handle his behaviour In-Character.

5 ) A player is prop spamming: I would verbally warn the player to stop doing it, if I see him continuing it I would warn him using !warn.

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC: I would warn him for FailRP and try to explain him what he did wrong.

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing: I would tell him that I am following the guidelines and if he truly believes I mistreatet him he shall come to the forums (I would give him the link also to the correct forum page) and tell him to formulate a staff abuse/unpunish application.

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules: I would tell him that using loopholes in the rules is also a warnable offence and that everyone who is playing on the server is encouraged to use initiattive and think themselves what would count as FailRP.

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules: I would tell him that he is abusing loopholes in the rules which is explicitly forbidden and tell him that that is still breaking the rules. Also everyone is encouraged to use initiative and think for themselves that something might not be allowed.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: Tier I rule-breaking and punishments include minor rule breakings, for breaking rules like that the offending person will be warned verbally before other staffing matters would be taken. Tier II rule-breaking and punishments however will have an immediate punishment after the rule-breaking offence.

2 ) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two: (IC)In-Character is when you are acting as the person you are roleplaying - you are acting within the character you are roleplaying. (OOC)Out-of-Character is, as the name suggests, a matter out of the character you are roleplaying. If you are unsure about how something is supposed to work or if you dont know what exactly you need to do in certain situation, you can ask in the OOC Chat what exactly you need to do. However (Meta Gaming) is when you use information, that you gather through OOC Sources of information, for your Characters Knowledge. An example would be: Someone is saying something about rebels in a very specific spot of the sewers in the OOC Chat. A CP sees this information and goes directly to the spot the other person mentioned in the OOC Chat. Using the OOC Information in that way would be considered Meta Gaming.

3 ) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP: Serious RP means being based around your character, your character undergoes his own development in the time on the server while Semi-Serious RP is focused more around the job you are and with that you change situations to fit your job.

4 ) Explain the difference between PassiveRP and CombatRP, explain your view on their importance in our gamemode: PassiveRP involves RPing with voice and chat matters, a medical procedure would be considered PassiveRP as the medic is using the /me command to describe the actions he is taking to treat his patient. On the other hand CombatRP involves, well the name suggests it, combat. People are fighting each other in order to achieve certain things for their specific faction.

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting: Combat Baiting means walking near people that are not supposed to attack you in a passive-aggressive manner in order to get those people to attack you, mostly in order to justify yourself attacking them aswell "in defence".

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP: Power Gaming means that people make use of somewhat RP Matters in order to get themselves in a better position, an example would be: A Resistance Member has been cuffed, in order to free himself he is typing /me cuts through cuffs in chat.

7 ) Define the term FailRP: FailRP means not acting in the ways the RP situation would suggest or allow. Running around C24 and offer CPs to dance with them or even just go ahead and Sexy Dance infront of them.

8 ) Define the term FearRP: FearRP is something that most of the time applies to Civilians. Out of Fear of being harmed they wouldnt move and do exactly what someone tells them if they are under gunpoint for example.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

In my time of being a CT on the WG StarWarsRP Server I have developed a very calm way of dealing with rule breakers of which I see plentiful as every new player is coming straight into my regiment after being cadet trained and many people are just coming onto the server in order to break rules and to see how far they can push the rules or how many rules they can break before they are being punished. My experience with Half Life RP may be little but I read about the workings and the specialties of HLRP before I even applied to become part of a faction. The Half-Life games also fascinate me and for me they are the greatest games to have ever been created. As part of the Staffing Team of the server I would do my best to make every player experience the best they can have. Both by helping out new players to find their way around or by making sure that people who just come to break the rules are being correctly treated with, so other players' experience doesn't have to suffer from them.
While I did not play through all of HL2 just yet I got myself a new graphics card, RAM and a VR Headset just to be able to play Half-Life: Alyx. I think Half LifeRP is the next step for me to embrace the Half-Life franchise as well as the whole of the Werewolf Gaming Community, which made me already experience so much joy in the past 5 months I have been part of it.

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years in age or older. 18

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly. I am, as stated in the above

- You must have at least four (4) days of play time. Not yet, as they server hasnt been published yet.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns. I do have 0 warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply. I am certainly not banned.

- You must not advertise your application in any way. I did not and I do not plan to do so.

- You must not copy anything from other applications. I did not.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member. I will keep that in mind.

- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed. I havent filed a previous application so I didnt copy-paste either.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.) I will not do so.

yo what tis

19 hours ago, malnjayz said:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would observer the player that is supposedly doing so, if it is in a massively disruptive matter I would intervent, however if he is properly RPing I would tell the reporting player to inform Civil Protection about it so they can handle it In-Character

Ehm no this is handled OOC as RDM is  FailRP as he is randomly killing people what makes it an OOC situation. You would take the accusor into a sit and ask him what happend, than ask for evidence and look and the logs to see what happend, than bring the accused and ask him what happend ( short version what you could do ) and if he was RDMing than warn him for RDM and dont take it IC

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around: If he is performing uncivil behaviour I would warn him verbally IC, if he doesnt stop I report him to CP and if he is getting imprisoned I would tp to him to make sure he knows which rule he broke.

Its your job to punish people for OOC rulebreaking not CP, I think you dont get what staff is, dont take OOC things IC, this is a serious server so we want that everyone is RPing serious.

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: (i assume, "he is not willing to RP with it properly" means someone already tried talking to him about his behaviour)I report it to whoever is his Superior, so they can handle his behaviour In-Character.

You could warn him for FailRP as he is not RP properly but yeah this time you can report it as it is an OOC and IC situation

5 ) A player is prop spamming: I would verbally warn the player to stop doing it, if I see him continuing it I would warn him using !warn.

Yeah you cant know the rules, so its a bit unfair but you could´ve just have a look at the NRP rules and punishments where you would´ve seen its a perma ban

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: Tier I rule-breaking and punishments include minor rule breakings, for breaking rules like that the offending person will be warned verbally before other staffing matters would be taken. Tier II rule-breaking and punishments however will have an immediate punishment after the rule-breaking offence.

Ok Tier I is if it was accidential or if the accused didnt know it was a rule , Tier II is when it wasnt an accident and the accused knows exactly what he has done and that it was a rule ( in really short terms ) 

To come to an end  you had several things wrong by taking OOC things into IC punishment  aswell as some smaller things like Tier 1 an Tier 2, you couldve read the NRP or SWRP rules as I dont think there is a huge diffrence between them. Keep in mind that this is a serious server. And tbh I dont know you really well so it would be a + point if the community gets to know you and not only for playing the beta. 

But anyway good luck to you

-1 some answers are very short and sometimes wrong. Everything Feymous has said is true and in my opinion it is a subpar application. I think with a bit of playtime on the server when it comes out would definitely help this application out but good luck to you anyway!

Sorry Maln this is a - 1 from me, 

Sometimes with questions you can have it short but sweet so you answer it clearly but that doesn't happen it's just short, I understand your lack of knowledge towards Tier I and Tiers II due to star wars doesn't have that system but you could of read the NRP punishment guide which explains most things you need to know. 

I think you should wait until the server launches and get abit more play time under your belt to understand how everything goes. 

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

The fuck you mean some of the answers are short, it took me 5 minutes to scroll to the bottom. Maln is a good lad on SWRP he is a high ranking CT ( the most trusted high ranking members). Nobody knows the fucking rules on the server cause nobody has played it. I did hear from spades that shit like RDM can be dealt with IC and should be. Anyway CBA to rant on

+1

Banshee is a retard

1319575503_funnyblack.jpg.49682401d3502b1dc70dbf9ec3fb0a90.jpg

The Boys

On 8/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, Feymous said:

like Tier 1 an Tier 2, you couldve read the NRP or SWRP rules as I dont think there is a huge diffrence between them

They are completely different

1319575503_funnyblack.jpg.49682401d3502b1dc70dbf9ec3fb0a90.jpg

The Boys

Based off your application some answers are a bit vague and are not very detailed. I think Feymous summed everything up perfectly and there are a few mistakes in your application. However as a person you show promise as you are competent and very friendly which is always good and like Silent has said you are a high rank on Star Wars RP but your application was rough around the edges.

Good luck on your application

-=Current Ranks Within Werwolf Gaming=-

-In Character-

{WW2 Berlin RP} Oberleutnant d. Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Kompanie 'Caesar'

{Half Life RP} CP:C24-UNION-06

{Half Life RP} Civil Medical Union Senior Doctor

-Out Of Character-

{HLRP} Moderator

Platinum VIP

Diamond VIP

PAC3 Access

Spoiler

-=Previous Ranks Within Werwolf Gaming=-

{WW2 Berlin RP} Hauptmann u. Kompaniechef der Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Kompanie 'Caesar'

{WW2 Berlin RP} Hauptfunker d. Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Kompanie 'Caesar'

{WW2 Berlin RP} Zugführer d. Ehrenwache

{WW2 Berlin RP} NSDAP Hauptamt Amtsleiter

{WW2 Berlin RP} Leutnant der Ordnungspolizei

{WW2 Berlin RP} Kapitan der Verkehrspolizei

{WW2 Berlin RP} Hauptmann u. Chef d. Heeresverwaltung

{WW2 Berlin RP} Justiz Richter

{WW2 Berlin RP} Sturm-Abteilung Sturmführer

{WW2 Berlin RP} Consortium Enforcer / Chaplain

{WW2 Berlin RP} Honorary Member/Operative of the S.J.B.O | KPD

{WW2 Berlin RP} Amt-Rosenberg Staatsbeamte u. Hauptbereitschaftsleiter

{WW2 Berlin RP} Jagdgeschwader III Unterfeldwebel der Luftwaffe

{Clone Wars RP} Clone Guards Temporary Commander

{Clone Wars RP} Clone Guards Vice Commander (2020)

{Clone Wars RP} Clone Guards Vice Commander (2nd Time) (2022)

{Clone Wars RP} Professional Standards Department Lead Officer

{Clone Wars RP} Galactic Marines Lieutenant Colonel

{Clone Wars RP}  Detainment Droid

{Clone Wars RP} Temple Guard

{Clone Wars RP} Jedi Warden

{Clone Wars RP} CT Vice Commander (Geovani Era)

{Clone Wars RP} CT Drill Sergeant

{Clone Wars RP} 74th Advanced Medic

{Clone Wars RP} Green Company Captain

{Clone Wars RP} CE Flight Trained Drill Sergeant Major

{Imperial RP} Storm Trooper

{Imperial RP} Shock Troopers 2nd Lieutenant

{Imperial RP} Rebel Alliance Clone Force 99 Wrecker

{Imperial RP} Rebel Alliance Clone Force 99 Echo

{Imperial RP} Rebel Alliance Clone Force 99 Tech

{Imperial RP} Rebel Alliance Clone Force 99 Hunter

{Imperial RP} Imperial Security Bureau Agent

{Imperial RP} Imperial Times Editor

{Imperial RP} Tatooine Security Master Sergeant

{Imperial RP} Imperial Government Planetary Analyst

{Imperial RP} Tatooine Security Riot Control Enforcer

{WW2 Berlin RP} Stv. Hauptamtsleiter u. Stv. Gaupropagandaleiter des NSDAP

{WW2 Berlin RP} Consortium Operator

{WW2 Berlin RP} 7.SS Oberscharführer

{WW2 Berlin RP} Amt für Finanz Obereinzsatsleiter

{WW2 Berlin RP} SS-Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt Untersturmführer

{WW2 Berlin RP} 2.SS Panzer Division 'Das Reich' Unterscharführer

{WW2 Berlin RP} Feldwebel des Feldgendarmerie Trupp-Großdeutchland "Kompanie Richard"

{WW2 Berlin RP} Honorary Underground Operative of the SPD / Iron Front

{WW2 Berlin RP}Honorary Leadership and Ambassador of the SPD / Iron Front

{WW2 Berlin RP}Scaletta Crime Family Associate

{WW2 Berlin RP} Bulgarian Embassy Member

{WW2 Berlin RP} Swiss Embassy Buero Ha Operative

{WW2 Berlin RP} Moderator

{WW2 Berlin RP} Night Staff

{WW2 Berlin RP} Senior Event Planner

{WW2 Berlin RP} Discord Moderator

{Clone Wars RP} Event Planner

based_2.gif.3f12b97893649b8447c22b0bf531723c.gif

Rittenhouse my beloved.

-1 brother

So, just to keep it short and sweet, all above reasons stated by feymous and others, yeah, they're spot on, I'd advise re-reading through a few of the guidelines or documents available, I'm sure there's someone who's willing to help guide you.

Not to mention, the whole thing was fairly bland to look over and formatted fairly piss-poorly, emboldening questions and colouring text every now and again would help the entire application as it shows you're putting considerable thought into this.

Best of luck with any future application(s)

Im sorry to have to do this but this will be a NEUTRAL from me.

So the whole application seems alright in its core, but the main problem in here is the actual contents of the answers, which I will not go into because it was VERY thoroughly commented about above. 

You seem like a friendly guy from the very few times I've talked to you and it looks like you are competent from your ranks and your past experience. You could be mentored and guided into perfection, I am sure of it.

I wish very good luck to you on your application. 🙂

IC Ranks:
HL-RP:
Dr. Heinrich Oberchmann

-Civil Medical Union Medical Director

PhD & M.D. in Surgical Traumatology and Toxicology.

OOC Ranks:

-HL-RP Super Administrator