Sam Kelly

O5 Council - Sam Kelly

Your in-Game Name: Sam Kelly

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:1.123724426

Your Age: 16

Your In-Game Playtime: 4w 4d 20h 

Your Warns: 9

2C555E4A87F11B47549598A1E72082F4E8BFAC2D (1920×1080)

What O5 Designation would you prefer (1-12) and what character?: O5-8 - “The Newbie" 

Male. European descent. American origin. Mid-30s. No unusual appearance. A former Foundation Site Director; a recent elevation to the O5 Council (between 6 and 9 years as of 2014). One of his first actions as an O5 Council member was to approve of Dr. Kondraki's plan to neutralize the former SCP-083. This plan resulted in the breaching of multiple SCP objects, including Kondraki deliberately breaching SCP-682, and in the near destruction of Site-19. This incident appears to have lead to the O5-ordered assassination of Kondraki by Dr. Gears. Though he was not removed from the O5 Council over this, O5-8 never recovered. Still shaken from the fallout of the incident, he continues to rely on support staff to accomplish all of his duties — including the hiring and replacing of support staff. Thus far, O5-8 has avoided further serious incidents, but rumor has it that the situation with his current crop of staff is unstable and likely to cause further "mistakes".

Have you read and understand the rules of SCP-RP?: Yes, I understand the rules, with only a little grey area.

Why do you believe you should be part of the O5 Council and what can you bring to the role e.g (Pressure in extreme situations, making the tough decisions): My experience in positions that require competent people is a very good reason why I should be considered, not only because the jobs have expected nothing but dedication to the cause but also decision making on the fly, being able to change plans quickly. Being able to plan for anything, having a plan B, or a way out is almost mandatory for everything, and even when it would be best to only have one plan, a second plan is always never far behind. Being able to identify a threat, or locate a key significant piece of intel is a good example of why I should at least be considered, being able to notice something that some might overlook as non-important is a skill that can decide the fate of a battle, operation or individual is important.

Can you explain what an O5 does for the foundation and the site itself and why he himself differs from any other site Adminstration?: The O5 perform tasks or decide on subjects that require the upmost of importance, both due to the fact they focus on the bigger picture and not the individual, they focus on the effects of their decision foundation wide. They differ from standard site administration as they don’t take direct control of site operations and very rarely make alterations to operations on a site wide basis, let alone department change. The O5 operate within the shadows, pulling strings.

What is the O5 Council?: The O5 Council is a group of 13 directors most commonly known as the O5 (or Overseer) council, granted the highest clearance level in the organisation each council member is tasked in overseeing a certain department or operation, for example O5-5 (Head of Administration). All or a few might have anomalous abilities, each which is specific to that Council member. The O5 Council is a secret group that runs the organisation in a specific way, with the council being characterised depending on the clearance of the staff member, clearance 1 and certain clearance 2 don’t even know such council exists but clearance 3 and higher either see the council as a myth or don’t fully understand the power and grip they have over the foundation.

Are you currently head of a department (Job Manager), general staff in Nu-7 or a Site Director?: Site Director.

What Department would you like to focus on? (Research, Mobile Task Forces, Ethics,...): Security, due to my knowledge of that area of expertise due to past experience.

(Hi, It's me Kelly speaking, if you want to give feedback, I welcome it with open arms.)

Edited by Sam Kelly

+1

I am judging you by personal experiences and I'll talk a little about your application even though I have a limited knowledge of the O5 Council.

So, lets talk about personal experience.
You seem quite active and generally competent of your current being of a Site Director. I wouldn't doubt in you I heard you do your mistakes from now to then which is a natural thing to do, the best experience is the the practice. You definetly take seriousness in activity I see you mostly daily, and you like having a little fun. We had a few chats and just generally think that you are very positive and welcome to a friendly chat.

Now to add a few comments to your mentioned info

1 hour ago, Sam Kelly said:

having a plan B

Most people don't plan on having a Plan B. So if you keep up to this I personally think this is already a good sign, as you won't stick to one
plan all the time. Or to be ready incase of unforseen events.

1 hour ago, Sam Kelly said:

Being able to identify a threat, or locate a key significant piece of intel is a good example of why I should at least be considered, being able to notice something that some might overlook as non-important is a skill that can decide the fate of a battle, operation or individual is important.

I agree with you, theres people who ignore threats but don't even know they were one. If you can successfully identify threats without even being aware at the moment of time it currently being one.

Though, I do need to say this is all the theory and not the practice, so I think hes a good potential from my side of view. Haven't really seen any of his negatives except a few mistakes he was capable of fixing or attempting to fix. He has high dedication to being a Site Director already.

Reminder again, I am very bad with the O5 Council lore and duties. I won't add a comment to that directly.

🔱Josh Nixon🔱
Director Nixon<

+1 i really like this app and i've also seen you active on your SD WL and you've already proven yourself as SD so I believe you'd be a great O5

Edited by Kyle Webb
mistake

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

+1.

As said you do play SA and SD quite often but really there is nothing to fault with that, you are an active and good member of the community and I think joining the o5 Council is perfect to show it. Good luck. 

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

+1/Neutral

+ Competent and really active SD
+ Really fucking active within the site
- You should communicate more with the heads of department/MTF's and keep in touch with them rather than attempting to go to the source of issue itself and investigating it.

I know you can be a O5 Member and I wish you the best, Good luck lol

Activity does not show competence. You are a good SD/SA but I think that you are a good "vice" person in charge. You micro manage everything and often do not look at the bigger picture. I just feel like there are some people who are good 2nds in command.

Poop

On 12/11/2020 at 8:35 AM, Nell said:

1/Neutral

+ Competent and really active SD
+ Really fucking active within the site
- You should communicate more with the heads of department/MTF's and keep in touch with them rather than attempting to go to the source of issue itself and investigating it.

Yes, I have started to get better at communicating with Department Heads, and have increased my usage of Site Advisors. To answer Window XP's Statement of not being known, I am at best averagely known, However I don't normally talk to anyone but Department Heads and am not planning on changing that. Apart from that, I thank you for all the feedback and will improve in the areas that were pointed out if possible. 

Big +1

Active every single day.
I've seen him alot as SA And SD, both jobs had the same experience. a pleasant one. he's professional and competent. Rps very well.

I Can safely say that he is up for the task of being an O5

Animated GIF

From my experiences with you, you are a competent sd but not sure if you are ready for O5 as you definitely have a mingy side and your performance isnt as good as O5 should.

Also this
Screenshot_2020-12-16_191302.png?width=4

Screenshot_2020-12-16_191226.png?width=4

Note: I am not aware of the context in those messages, i just nabbed it from scprp discussion  and those messages are not my main point

Edited by Jonathan Lee

Depending that the person was insulting me the entire time, That'd be the least of your concern, If you would like to not crop them that'd be best. Because I have screenshots of you as well. If you want to settle this out of forums feel free to.

I will not and I hope this goes by everyone, want to be demoralised, insulted and called worthless while playing a videogame for entertainment.  If you think my actions are questionable, that's fine. 

Apart from that, I standby my actions that time, however they do not show me on a daily basis.
(edit: if you want to talk about that off the forums feel free to, but at least uncrop it, or do you want me to show the handful I have?)

Edited by Sam Kelly
28 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

From my experiences with you, you are a competent sd but not sure if you are ready for O5 as you definitely have a mingy side and your performance isnt as good as O5 should.

Also this
Screenshot_2020-12-16_191302.png?width=4

Screenshot_2020-12-16_191226.png?width=4

Note: I am not aware of the context in those messages, i just nabbed it from scprp discussion  and those messages are not my main point

I dont get why you tell us that you dont know the context but still post that stuff. Its like you are purposely trying to make him look bad. It's like someone giving you a suicide bomb and tells you to run into a mass of people.

Edited by Just Ben

🔱Josh Nixon🔱
Director Nixon<

The context of the photos he has shown and cropped, are not in full context, and to say my performance as SD aren't perfect, is.. Agreeable. Changes have been difficult to implement due to the lack of feedback given, and any improvements, however I have not been able to be SD that much this week, only being active in the morning (around 11am to 2-3pm)

Granted if my view has been changed by the photos you mentioned, Please understand the context as I was an SA, performing a small inspection to turn up being talked about, both being demoralised, and  similar insults, would tick you off, However it is no fact that people in-game aren't the nicest of people, Including "Corporal Sketchers?" Who gathered them posts after being demoted by the SD.

The photo's lack any contexts to what he has said and as I said before, I am generally friendly, even providing him with sources of information that would benefit him when he then went back as HOS, I don't hate or dislike him over this incident as I am aware people can be upset, but the matter of fact is, this is a game, and people joke around. Granted I was not joking, and fully meant what I said at the time. I don't want to make the decision if you are reading this, but consider both sides in deciding, A small bump on a smooth road, doesn't make that much of a difference. 

That being said, Yes I said it, I am not going to point the blame and I won't make excuses, however if you are deeply effected by what I said, to the degree you would screenshot my messages, crop them, and then post them, Then you clearly have a lot of free time.  At the end of the day, I don't want people to think of me as the guy who insults everyone, because I don't.

27 minutes ago, Just Ben said:

I dont get why you tell us that you dont know the context but still post that stuff. Its like you are purposely trying to make him look bad. It's like someone giving you a suicide bomb and tells you to run into a mass of people.

I agree. 

Anyway, as I said, feedback is welcome.