Scott

New Base Map

What your suggestion is: Bring a Large new base map to the server

Scriptfodder/workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2089927301&searchtext=snow+outpost

Any additional information: Its a Big map, with spacious training areas I.E multiple of Anaxes TR1's, it is of good quality and has plenty of space without being too big. Looks kinda bad in the pictures but if u play the map, its pretty good

Pro's                                                       Cons

- Big with large TR's                                               - 300mb (idk if this is normal, v-final is 340?)

- Good quality map                                                - Small imperial hints (like on consoles and thats it, can be covered)

- Is really cool                                                        - Size may be a problem for some people

Edited by Scott
changing any more info sentence

Looks pretty interesting. Will probably have to be tested deeper before it gets approved. Size does seem slightly smaller that most maps but it could be good for a late night base map.

Current Ranks:                                                                  Previous Ranks

Happy                                                                                    Less happy

- Nice medbay (cool bacta tanks)
- Plenty of bunks and spare rooms
- The lift down to the hangar&brig/GR/TRS plays elevator music

- Main hangar is very large
- Has fairly large underground TRs
- Functional GR
- Very large outdoor area which is great for events and large trainings
- Republic outpost

- JT is large but not many individual rooms

- Many rooms/doors can only be opened from one side
- Navigating between floors 1,2 and 3 is only possible through one central lift
- No Jedi caves
- No way in or out of brig control room without leavig all the laser doors inactivated

- Outside of the main building the base has lots of awkward empty space

It is a cool base map but most likely is more ideal for a inbetween event map, or when we are on a lower playercount as the main base area is tightly packed and can get quite cramped. But there is plenty of area outside with various terrain which I reallyl like. There are many rooms at disposal but also some which I can't see having any use. It is a nice map and I would like to use it on the server on some occaisons for sure, but it does have some flaws with it.

PurpleKids.gif.0a3f2d977cda278c5a9b304fa2f2b480.gif

1 hour ago, Kids said:

- Functional GR
- Republic outpost

- No Jedi caves
- No way in or out of brig control room without leavig all the laser doors inactivated

It is a cool base map but most likely is more ideal for a inbetween event map, or when we are on a lower playercount as the main base area is tightly packed and can get quite cramped. But there is plenty of area outside with various terrain which I reallyl like. There are many rooms at disposal but also some which I can't see having any use. It is a nice map and I would like to use it on the server on some occaisons for sure, but it does have some flaws with it.

Yea definitely, i see you're point Kids, I was hoping that Devs would be able to optimise it, change it to suit the server and so on, if that is in their power. Also the jedi cave thing has been brought up with the map's creator, and he is looking into adding one

Edited by Scott

I believe the addition of new workshop items is problematic, as there might be the same issues as with Storm Outpost. Not really a point in adding new stuff when they might get removed. Other than that, I agree with the points Kids mentioned.

Screenshot_36_440x240.png.72ca0d3144059da0d04a5c4e6ccc0107.png

3 hours ago, Krowlʏ said:

I believe the addition of new workshop items is problematic, as there might be the same issues as with Storm Outpost. Not really a point in adding new stuff when they might get removed. Other than that, I agree with the points Kids mentioned.

Well, the same thing could happen to any base map, infact any map whatsoever.

+1

Kids summed it up, would need to be tested but it looks decent and we could do with more maps.

IRP Ranks
Current
Director of Special Forces
Executive Admin
Lead Mentor
Previous
IC Vice Commander

CWRP Ranks
Current
RC Auxiliary
Security Staff

Previous
RC Vice Commander x2
ARC Vice Commander
CE Commander
Executive Admin
Event Planner

On 5/25/2020 at 2:49 PM, Kids said:

- Functional GR
- Republic outpost

- No Jedi caves

^^^^ Summed up here

1754889583_SolaireCoolGif.gif.2a07fd9f4961fa8af47a28222a18a035.gif

dance yoda.gif