Joe Hamilton

212th Remote Detonator Replacement suggestion

What your suggestion is:

Since the old dets got removed from the Workshop we definetly need a Replacement for them as it was the 212ths bread and butter and without it we dont have much Combat equipment and explosives. This C4 Charge can be mounted on surfaces and even on players/NPCs and detonated remotely. Infact they seem even better than the old Remote Detonators. Also one big plus: You cannot manually detonate them, meaning a rogue CT cannot fuck stuff up by Detonating them. We Detonated 50 of them at once in SP and it didnt lag one bit, now i understand its different on a big Server but it is a good sign. You can also tweak if they can be placed on other Players,  meaning you can  also disable it.

The only negative i can think of is that they cannot be Defused and would have to be defused by Defusing binds or just removal by an Admin.

On the Steam page you can  see a video of them being used

Scriptfodder/workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1596554153

Any additional information: As far as i know several people including EPs have already liked the exact item suggested here. It is easy to use and very close to the old Remote detonators. The model can be Changed to fit SWRP and Damage can be tweaked (One does 95 dmg and it stacks).

Also credit to 212th COL/Temp EXO Russ for finding the addon!

- 212th Vice Commander Hamilton

Edited by Joe Hamilton
Added some additionable Additions

Current Ranks: None

Former Ranks:                                                   Started Playing WG SCP-RP in 2016                                                 

COTBG Deacon [2017] | Head Researcher  [2017 - ???] [SCP-RP] (Major changes to the job annulled my WL)

212th EXO [2018] | 212th Vice Commander [2020] | 212th SO + 74th Member + CE Member [2021] |

212th SO [2022] | Battalion Officer [2022] | 212th SO [2023] | 41st Captain [2024]

+1

I had a look at them in singleplayer and they seem really solid. I think if it is possible to re-model them and tweak damage, they are almost the old detonators.

Edited by Russ

+1 

A new detonator is needed. 

Model change is easy to do aswell.

Current Ranks

Jedi Knight 501st SOF Captain Lord Inquisitor Engineering Corps SFC Medic

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fs15jctajrzabnki0p

+1

Nathan can model it 100%

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

Maybe adding another explosive device will distract Blaster from bullying OS. +1

Current Ranks:                                                                  Previous Ranks

Happy                                                                                    Less happy

Please for the love of god, it's been months now.

IRP Ranks
Current
Director of Special Forces
Executive Admin
Lead Mentor
Previous
IC Vice Commander

CWRP Ranks
Current
RC Auxiliary
Security Staff

Previous
RC Vice Commander x2
ARC Vice Commander
CE Commander
Executive Admin
Event Planner

Give this a nice little bump  😀

Current Ranks

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

Have been given permission from the addon owner to remodel and reupload the addon. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2156715322

Current Ranks

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

To be honest in comparison these detonators are much better, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906974084

The ones made by Sevan (the ones suggested) are not as similar in the same enjoyable ways.

Link I shared                                                                          

- Unlimited ammo (like they used to be), very efficient and do not need to die in order to continue to use them in events.   

- Has star wars detonator model already 

- Are able to drop/throw them. More realistic and can create many more possibilites to use these in new creative ways.

- Damage needs to be upped to about 1,000

- Does not unfreeze props

Suggested link

- Breaches open doors

- Max 3 per life. Cannot do !giveammo. This is not very useful as most event there are many sets of multiple drop pods to detonate and simply 3 per person and life will not suffice. 

- Cannot throw them, limits possibilities

- Doesn't look like a star wars detonator, but a military C4

- Damage needs to be upped to about 1,000

- Does not unfreeze props

Overall I suggested these ones more because they are similar and far more practical than what is suggested. Both would need their damange to be upped very considerably and allow the explosions to unfreeze props so they will affect structures and drop pods. All the suggested additions are improvements towerds making as perfect as the old ones used to be. Nothing suggested makes it more advantagous than the ones removed from the server in any way. 

PurpleKids.gif.0a3f2d977cda278c5a9b304fa2f2b480.gif

To counter points you made Kids about Sevans detonator, there is an entity which can either be spawned in via staff or given to 212th in entities for 3 ammo another easy fix is me just setting the base ammo to a high number like 99.

the detonator does look like a Star Wars detonator, I have reuploaded it with perm from the creator.

damage easily upped in a few minutes by me.

there is a command to allow you to unfreeze props.

Edited by Nathan

Current Ranks

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

19 hours ago, Kids said:

Ok but you are suggesting to do more work on one detonator pack  instead of less on one that is already made closer to what we want/need?

Hes already done the work for the that orginal suggested pack, and having some one who can change and fix the addon is probally very helpfull

Yes but I am saying the work he did on the pack was changing the models, which the other one already has. I mean it would mean less work to edit the other suggestion as it is already made better without the addition, so Nathan could make a fewer edits on that one to perfect it than he would have to do on the other one.

Asides from that it is better in ways that Nathan can not code to make up for, for example them being literally throwable. It would just make more sense to change that addon slightly because it is much closer to what we need. 

PurpleKids.gif.0a3f2d977cda278c5a9b304fa2f2b480.gif

I've done quite a bit of work on the dets. It would be a lot less on mine.

Word of mouth has told me that the throw function isn't wanted

Edited by Nathan

Current Ranks

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

I know stuff like this takes testing but id like to atleast know if something is even being done or if this is just being ignored by Server hierachy

Edited by Joe Hamilton

Current Ranks: None

Former Ranks:                                                   Started Playing WG SCP-RP in 2016                                                 

COTBG Deacon [2017] | Head Researcher  [2017 - ???] [SCP-RP] (Major changes to the job annulled my WL)

212th EXO [2018] | 212th Vice Commander [2020] | 212th SO + 74th Member + CE Member [2021] |

212th SO [2022] | Battalion Officer [2022] | 212th SO [2023] | 41st Captain [2024]

SERVER GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

+1 

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR