x9e

Application for Developer Position

Is this a Junior Developer or Developer Application?: Developer

Server(s) within WG you have played/currently play: I've been an active player on SCP using a different account before transitioning to x9e as my primary. If you require details from my previous account, please feel free to ask. During my time on SCP, I reached level 50 with approximately 1-2 weeks of total playtime. I held a premium rank and utilized pac3.

Discord Name: x9e

Steam Name: x9e

Steam ID:   STEAM_0:0:596876604

Age when applying: 19 (Born on 20/02/2004)

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zoneI'm currently based in the UK, in the GMT+1 time zone.

What is your coding knowledge?: My coding expertise primarily centers around Lua, and I've spent over seven years actively developing Roblox games. While Roblox Lua shares similarities with standard Lua, my proficiency extends to more complex Lua scenarios, including:

Advanced Object-Oriented Programming (OOP): Crafting sophisticated class hierarchies and inheritance structures for reusable and maintainable code.

Custom Libraries: Building intricate Lua libraries tailored to specific project requirements, emphasizing modularity and code organization.
Asynchronous Programming: Proficiently handling asynchronous tasks using the coroutine library, making efficient use of Lua's non-blocking capabilities.

Data Structures: Employing Lua tables to create intricate data structures such as trees, graphs, and advanced data storage solutions.
Metaprogramming: Utilizing Lua's metatable mechanism for dynamic code generation and manipulation, highlighting Lua's flexibility.
Multithreading: Exploring Lua's multithreading capabilities with external libraries or advanced coroutine-based threading techniques for efficient parallel processing.

LuaJIT Optimization: Fine-tuning code for performance gains with the powerful LuaJIT compiler, employing techniques like loop unrolling and FFI integration.
My extensive experience in both Roblox Lua and standard Lua equips me to handle a wide range of programming challenges, from game development to standalone Lua applications, with a profound understanding of the language's intricacies.

Why do you want to Dev for Werewolf Gaming?: In the past, I had a remarkable experience with a close-knit group of around 14 friends. We established a unique server that became our virtual home. Those memories hold a special place in my heart. We used to gather on voice calls while in the SCP for hours on end. Sadly, the server has been inactive for a while, and I've been longing to bring it back to life.
I'm eager to assume the role of a developer to revive our cherished server. It holds immense sentimental value to me, and I dearly miss those days. Reviving it will not only rekindle joy for my friends and me but also create an opportunity for new memories and friendships to flourish. I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of making this happen.

If accepted, is there a server you would want to primarily work on?: If my application is successful, my primary focus would unquestionably be on SCP. I have a deep affinity for it, and I'm enthusiastic about contributing to and enhancing the SCP server.
Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes, I own a high-quality microphone.

+ 1

- Clearly is well Experienced in programming and carries a very good understanding of structures within OOP, which can be difficult for most
- Is primarily based within lua given his past making games on roblox
- Seems to carry a genuine care for the future of SCP and is willing to bring fresh ideas to the table
- I'd be happy to work alongside

HOWEVER, if you could show evidence of these roblox projects in someway possible through a public/private github repository that way it be verifed through SMT only

5BcH6li.gif
Present SCP Ranks:
SCP Developer

SCP Ranks Past
SCP Manager
SCP Head Admin
SCP-Head Moderator             
SCP-096 Co-Manager
Onerioi Collective
Echo-14
Ethics Committee Manager
Chaos Insurgency Delta Manager
Sarkic Manager
O5 Council Manager
Theta-9
GOC
MTF A1

Denied

Weve already taken on several new members specifically for SCP so would rather not overload the team at this moment.

Feel free to reapply when the situation changes though (i will announce in the SCP discord when we are looking for more help)

AGUEROOOOO.gif

Current Ranks

[Purveyor of wet panties]

Previous Ranks

[Maddie McCann's Abductor]

[spokesman for the Jimmy Saville appreciation society]