Charlie Gutierrez

Charlie Gutierrez's Jnr Dev Application

Is this a Junior Developer or Developer Application?:

Junior Developer

Server(s) within WG you have played/currently play:(include your highest IG rank for each/any and estimated time played)

I mostly played SCP-RP with a time of image.png.8a48544de3af1c391bc928aa44826f2d.png. I have previously been a senior moderator and recently have been accepted into the staff team again as a trial moderator for V7.

Discord Name: 

mrbobjeffman

Steam Name:

Bobjeffman123

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/😞

STEAM_0:1:104854326

Age when applying:

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone:

England - GMT+1

What is your coding knowledge?: (i.e do you know LUA, have been a dev previously on gmod, work in a job in real life that involves coding, self taught etc. Please be as detailed as you can be.)

I am currently doing a Digital And Technology Solutions Bsc alongside an apprenticeship as a Visualisation Software Engineer. I have spent many years learning C#, using it for some Unity projects and backend server stuff for an online card game (utilising API's so that the web pages could communicate with the server somewhat securely); I have also spent some time learning the basics of Python and am currently learning C++ for my job. Unfortunately, I don't have any Lua experience however I am very eager to learn.

Why do you want to Dev for Werewolf Gaming?:

I have played on this communities servers for years and would like to have the opportunity to help out where I can. I also believe that the experience would be very beneficial as I am considering going into game development after my apprenticeship.

If accepted, is there a server you would want to primarily work on?: (If you have no preference, leave as N/A)

Yes, SCP-RP

If Accepted, Is there a developer you would prefer to learn from?:(Only relevant for Junior Dev apps, remove if applying for full developer)

I don't really mind.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak:

I own a microphone and communicate through a mixture of VC and typing.

UPDATE:
Since applying for this position, I have spent some time learning the basics of LUA and feel like I have got a decent understanding of how it works. I have managed to create a entity and SWEP for SCP-370. The entity is a wrench(should be a key but I don't have a model for one) where when you touch it, it emits a sound and "infects you". When you become infected you see some text on the screen letting you know what has happened, do "/me starts praying" in chat and you freeze for 30 seconds. After this time your loadout is stripped and you are given the SCP-370 SWEP. This SWEP allows you to infect other people similar to how the entity does.

I have also created a power armor/suit which gives you only a machine gun, lowers your move speed, increases your jump height and makes you tankier. I understand that these are somewhat simple mods however they show that I can understand the basics quite quickly.