Freeman

Maxinmus's Staff Application

Max's Staff Application

In-game name(s): CG SGTM Maxinmus

Steam Name: Freeman

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:75334419

Age when applying: 22

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: Currently living in the UK, and and my time zone is GMT.

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes.

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): 1 Month, 2 Weeks, and 4 Days. I believe it was more than that before the wipe, however.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: CG SGTM and Plat VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: I have a working mic, and I mostly use my voice.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: I first joined the server as far back as 2018 when I joined DU when Tanner became a temp commander. I stayed on the server until 2020 when I left for a very long time, only coming back a few times when I felt like being nostalgic.

How often do you use our TeamSpeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums: In order, often, all the time, and never.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns: So as far as I'm aware, I've never been warned at all in my history of being on the server. I have been banned once after I decided to leave the server back in like 2020, but I can't find any evidence, because I believe that was before the warns and ban data was lost. And I've never been kicked unless it's because I was AFK. Here is the link showing my lack of warnings: https://imgur.com/a/JpJ3P2y

State the role of staff on the server: The role of a staff member is to enforce the rules fairly and impartially so everyone on the server has a good experience. Additionally, staff members are also here to help members of the server with problems outside of rule-breaking, such as being stuck in a wall, a CT WL, asking for noclip during building, etc.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? Yes.

List of all previous server staff experience: On Garry's mod itself, I've been staff on multiple servers, ranging from TTT, to DarkRP. I'd get the names, but most of those communities are either dead or they've changed so much that they're unrecognizable. On WG itself, I've not been staff, but I have been EP (although I wasn't the best at it, which is why I'm applying for staff). I don't know if this counts (lol), but I'm currently working in a customer server job outside of Garry's mod.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: As long as the reason is sufficient, then yes.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: The first thing I'd do is check Blogs combat damage log to see if RDM was committed by a player. If verified, I'd bring him into an OOC sit, and ask him why he's killing people. He'll either do one of 3 things:

1: Leave the game, breaking L2AP, in which case he will be banned for the appropriate amount of time.

2: Apologize for doing it, where we will get the appropriate warnings for RDM and ARDM (if needed) which might result in a ban depending on how many there are.

3: Not apologize, call us all twats who should get a life, and maybe use some slurs as well. Action will be taken when needed (most likely a ban).

However, these 3 situations only work if the Blogs show that shot and killed other players. Sometimes Blogs go down, and in very rare cases, doesn't work. If a situation like this ever happens, I'd ask the player to send me a video recording of the player committing RDM via Discord. If verified (and I might ask another staff member to check for a second opinion), refer to the 3 situations I described above.

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function: If on, I ask the highest IC rank to send a CPL+ to train some cadets. Most of the time this does it, but if it doesn't I'd bring a CPL+ who I know wasn't busy.

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon: I'd take no action. We'd only know that it was an accident if the CT apologized for shooting the other player, so they know what they did wrong by mistake, so taking any action is not only redundant but also pretty harsh treatment.

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: It's an IC issue, not an OOC one, so this is irrelevant to staff.

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitly stated within the server rules: FailRP is FailRP. According to server rules, any not listed instances of FailRP fall under the discretion of the staff member handling the situation. For me, it would depend on what it is. 

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, if they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: I'd tell them that if they think the punishment is unjust, then head on over to the WG forums (and I'd give them a link to them). If they ignore what I say and are incapable of having a civil conversation, I'd just return them (if it's a warning).

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

I believe that I would be an excellent addition to the staff team for a variety of reasons. I’m constantly active, easily dedicated, very approachable, and organized. I’m also a jaded veteran of the server, something that not many of my fellow applicants can claim. In addition, I’m very mature when I need to be especially during serious situations like sits. I’ve also experienced and know the ULX commands thanks to my time as EP way back.

But I’m sure you’ve heard the same thing time and time again from other applicants, and frankly, I might as well have written that paragraph up in Chat GPT. What you, the staff manager who’s currently reading this instead of doing something productive like washing your clothes, are wondering is; what sets me apart from the rest?

As I said, it goes back to what I put in my previous staff experience. I work in a place that must deal with and interact with customers constantly. Many of these people are nice and chill, but not all are. I’ve had people who’ve gotten in my face, people who have thrown cans and shit at me. Sometimes I deal with about 6 different customers in a line whom I must deal with pretty quickly.

What I mean by this is that, unlike others who’ve applied (if only because they haven’t mentioned it), I have real work experience in dealing with something that can destroy any staff member, stress. And if I’m the only staff member on during the late evening, you can be assured that I won’t suddenly start panicking like a mad horse and screw everything up because I accidentally banned someone for 500 hours when they were supposed to be banned for 50. Keeping a cool head-on while dealing with people to almost required in dealing with people's problems.

As an aside, an additional, if much smaller reason, why I believe I’d be an excellent addition to the staff team is because I have Aspergers Syndrome. Having someone in the staff team who is sympathetic and understands someone with my kind of problem would be an invaluable asset to have when dealing with certain people.

And that’s why I believe I should be brought into the staff team. Originally, I wasn’t even going to bother writing up an application because I believed that I should wait more time before applying, however after thinking about it, I decided to write it up anyway because it’s a win either way. If I get staff, that would be very nice, but if I don’t, I can use the feedback from my staff application to better myself if I decide to apply for staff next time the apps open.

Denied

Applicant requested this to be closed.

Leeds United GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Happy Premier League GIF by Leeds United

tenor.gif

Spoiler

Current Ranks

CWRP Staff Manager

Jedi Champion

Army Commandant

Sith Initiate

Past Ranks