Zab

Give 212th a different main weapon

What your suggestion is:
I would like it if 212th would get the DLT-18 as a main weapon instead of the DC15-A.

Scriptfodder/workshop link:
none needed.

Any additional information:
As 212th we are stuck with the basic weapon. Not saying it's very bad, but it adds nothing special to the regiment. Off course we have explosives. But until you reach SO you don't have anything special. The thermal detonator is nice, but with only 3 ammo you can't do much.  So until SO we are basically worse 501st and if no explosives are allowed, we are CT. And even they get a better weapon when they get a higher rank.

I asked for the DLT-18 because it's not a huge upgrade, since we do have explosives. The fire rate is a bit higher and it more ammo. But that is about it. But it looks way better when you advertise to CT about 212th.

It would also give a good reason to not give 212th extra RPG ammo in events, because we have a decent base weapon then. So RPG spamming should be reduced 
as well.

Thanks for reason and please share your thoughts on this suggestion.

ezgif.com-resize.gif.8ca2e1c2699b09a2479ddd6db4168884.gif

+1

If the rpg is the only special eq that you get as 212th , you should be able to get a better gun because the DC-15A is absoulte ass

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

+1

Would make 212th members that arent SO+ more useful and as said will reduce the spam of rockets everywhere.

So people who are doing shield walls or shield pushes dont have to pray to god every time 212th SO appears knowing that they wont immedietly send a rocket over their heads.

Current ranks

HLRP Trial mod

+1 Good idea, it would definetly help against the boringness under SO

Current Ranks: None

Former Ranks:                                                   Started Playing WG SCP-RP in 2016                                                 

COTBG Deacon [2017] | Head Researcher  [2017 - ???] [SCP-RP] (Major changes to the job annulled my WL)

212th EXO [2018] | 212th Vice Commander [2020] | 212th SO + 74th Member + CE Member [2021] |

212th SO [2022] | Battalion Officer [2022] | 212th SO [2023] | 41st Captain [2024]

3 hours ago, Saffrus said:

Tanks at CO isn't it?

Any rank can drive a tank, it is part of the ET basic training. But using tanks in events is very rare in events and most of their SOs have only used them in events a few times only. In over a year as 212th I probably only got in a tank in an event just over 10 times total.

PurpleKids.gif.0a3f2d977cda278c5a9b304fa2f2b480.gif

Seems pretty valid to me. Tanks are never used and Rockets are only SO+. Seems valid. The DC-15A is also pretty crap. I've very rarely seen Tanks in events and when I do see Tanks they are often stolen by Scavs.....

1754889583_SolaireCoolGif.gif.2a07fd9f4961fa8af47a28222a18a035.gif

dance yoda.gif

+1

DC-15A sucks so it would be good to give 212th another means to fight people without spamming rockets

Current Ranks:

Previous Ranks:

21st Commander - Jedi Paladin - 74th AMO - Battalion Captain - GM Colonel

+1

As an offensive regiment a weapon upgrade is to be expected. Frontline regiments should have an upgraded main weapon and have extra special equipment compared to CT. If not DLT-18, the DC15-S also seems like a valid upgrade.

Screenshot_36_440x240.png.72ca0d3144059da0d04a5c4e6ccc0107.png

The weapon doesent make sense in any kind lore or legends way. But i understand u need upgrade to weapon but i suggest raise the bar for something within 212th to give them a new weapon like maybe raising when they get trained within driving tanks as they would have a diffrent weapon to get used to then their standars Dc-15a. Basically make some change within the regiment since u are getting a diffrent gun then the CTs begin with but its just my opinon

Edited by Evilgejf

Pingu.Jpeg.e89f3965ee7a1b96bfb9b0e69935ba1b.Jpeg

5 hours ago, Evilgejf said:

The weapon doesent make sense in any kind lore or legends way. But i understand u need upgrade to weapon but i suggest raise the bar for something within 212th to give them a new weapon like maybe raising when they get trained within driving tanks as they would have a diffrent weapon to get used to then their standars Dc-15a. Basically make some change within the regiment since u are getting a diffrent gun then the CTs begin with but its just my opinon

The thing with the tank training is that we never actually get to use the tanks in events, sure maybe 1 - 2 times a month but thats about it. Also what I've heard is that the server isnt canon so it doesnt matter in that way. At the moment since the remote detonators were removed NCO+ to SO is basically being a CT with a thermal detonator.

== Past Ranks ==
Jump Troopers Sector Commander 
212th Vice Commander
Monkey Dancing GIF

+1 Would be a great addition to our arsenal, tanks are never used due to lag issues or the map is too small, and thermal detonators may be good for damage but can easily cause friendly fire. This would also definitely encourage people to ensign into 212th as like Hogus said, we are basically CTs with thermal dets until SO.

Denied

I understand you're missing the Detonators and that's something we will try to find a replacement to. 

However the DLT-18 is a defensive weapon and is not something suited to a frontline regiment