Noe

Radio Comms

I do believe that it is currantly an Issue that a lot of players are using Discord while playing on SCP-RP.

This makes it hard to keep metagaming to a minimum, not even because people wanna break rules but rather because in combat you often times don't remember these kinds of things.

Therefore my suggestion is to add an actual "radio" system into SCP-RP which from what I remember was a thing at some point.

- can choose frequencies

- all members of a group are from beginning set to that groups default frequency.

- can be turned on and off

- push to talk function

- volume control

- can't transmit when dead

Edited by Noe Rock

e14discordavatarv4big.png.70dd6383d299a5ee1bbda2cc27ad0c43.pngNoe

SCP-RP Senior Staff / Lead Mentor

STEAM_0:0:131395686  ─  NOE#2960  ─  🇩🇪 / 🇬🇧

+1
The idea of that kind of radios with push to talk function is very good. Because it is sometimes very annoying or a pain to type during raids or breaches which lead to your death because you are typing. Also having different frequencies is very nice.
Overall the whole idea is good.

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

5 minutes ago, Johnwickisblak said:

+1/Neutral 

I think as an addition this would be a perfect . But the problem is, how do you get enemy communications?

perhaps you learn their frequency or something

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

10 hours ago, Pagan / David Schtuaf said:

It would be good to see a lot fo you guys on TS maybe a channel for custom groups or something would combat this issue.

This isnt shitposting Gordon

Being in a TS channel is the same as being in a discord channel. Often times you would just continue to talk even when dead or say stuff found out prior to the death. 

Apperantly this was a thing in the past but it caused horrible performances issues so yeah...if it gets implemented and the server won't be dieing tho It's going to be good 

Neutral for now ( Untill someone prooves me wrong or nah )

Edited by Shadow

/radio was a command, it caused Performance issues and more metagame than you think Noe.

You can't see it on the Logs.

People can type in the radio while they are DEAD.

People can type in the radio when they have their comms stripped.

People could set up unfindable comms (like /rj 190.213) and chill.

You could just get a screenshot of a guys of in same discord and the same group yeet it and send it to SMT and make this actual thing to warn etc.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, Lunar said:

/radio was a command, it caused Performance issues and more metagame than you think Noe.

You can't see it on the Logs.

People can type in the radio while they are DEAD.

People can type in the radio when they have their comms stripped.

People could set up unfindable comms (like /rj 190.213) and chill.

You could just get a screenshot of a guys of in same discord and the same group yeet it and send it to SMT and make this actual thing to warn etc.

I mean the thinks you said about the old radio system are things that you could change. 

I agree that the old thing wasn't perfect, but its a good base to work of.

This radio was tested in the past as previously stated by others. I think the reason why it was removed was due to performance issues(?), though I'm unsure.

Though I would like to see it return for a few groups as a testing ground before being adopted wide spread to see how it goes.

+1