[W-G] JH

JH's 1st Staff Application

RP Character name(s): Not decided

Steam Name: Bobby shmurda

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:147090767

Age when applying: 16

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: England, GMT

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): N/A

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP: Lambda, User

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes, I prefer to speak

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: N/A

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums: Daily

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.): N/A, Server is not open

State the role of staff on the server:

Each individual staff member have a role to ensure that server rules are not broken by any player, and to help new members of the community in any way possible. They are to also take staff sits when needed. 

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+):

City 24 is one of the 186 cities which are located on Earth. C24 is located in Geneva, Switzerland and is controlled by the inter dimensional forces, also known as the Combine. The modest city stands out from the rest due to their large structures and skyscrapers within the city itself. These buildings were used as a garrison by the Combine, alongside living spaces and social areas where people resided. These large buildings were heavily fortified and had constant, heavy patrols performed by the Combine to ensure protection of their personal garrison. The Combine originally took control of C24 after the seven hour long war, where Humans had tried to fight off the Combines harsh forces, but ultimately being forced to surrender within only seven hours. People referred to C24 itself as the “Royal City”, however within it there is a harsh dictatorship and ruling. The Combine used harsh brutality towards the civilians also to make sure no one tried to rebel.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?: N/A

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?: N/A

List of all previous server staff experience:

EP on SWRP (Granted to apply by SWRP Manager and Event Manager)

List of all previous RP experience:

SWRP: CG Commander / DU Temporary Commander / Battalion Officer (As of current)

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RUN_YOU_FOOL😞

I have sent a friend request

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/thatgardentool/😞

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/UNJoe/😞

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people:

I would first bring this player who is reporting to me in an OOC area, so no ones RP is affected. I will talk to them and ask them to explain to me what had happened, and who did it. I would then ask for them to gather any evidence (Screenshots, video recordings) whilst I myself would look through logs. If I am provided evidence alongside it matching with logs, I will then pull that reported player and confront them on what they did. I will act calm as I do not want to upset them, however I will deal with it and punish them as necessary, even if I personally know them. I would listen to them, and then proceed to punish them accordingly (as the punishment list has not been created yet).

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction:

I would first explain each faction and how they work (If said person does not know what they do) Then I would ask which they would like to join. I would then tell them which are open, and which are invite only. They will decide, and I will further guide them on how to join that faction. 

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around:

I would first take them out of the RP situation as they are not hear to RP. I will then talk to them about what they did, telling them what they did wrong and how they need to act appropriately. Then I would return them, allowing them to carry on with their RP actions. If they then carry on, I will punish them accordingly, most likely for NH2RP which on SWRP would first be a warn, and then a possible ban if they carried on further.

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly:

I will first bring them out of the RP situation (Making sure the RP is first finished so I do not interfere) and let them know what they are doing wrong. If they are not a new player, I would then let them RP once again, however if they continue further, punishment will be laid out accordingly alongside a report going straight to their Hierarchy. If it was a new player, I will tell them what to do, and what not to do; if this player refuses to RP properly, punishments will be given alongside the report to their Hierarchy.

5 ) A player is prop spamming:

I would bring them into a sit, either jailing and or freezing them to make sure they cannot spawn anymore props. Then I would either ask them to remove their props, or remove them myself. After this, I will either talk to them verbally, or just punish them depending on the mass amount of props they have spawned, and to hear their side of the story, if it was intentional or not. If I allow them to continue RP, I would then spectate them to see if they carry on. If they do, I will then once again freeze them, remove the props and then punish them accordingly.

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC:

I will explain to him that not everything can go his way, and tell him to stop. If he carries on then I will punish them for FailRP etc.

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing:

I will go through with my punishment. Then, I may ask an opinion from another staff member, and may edit my punishment by that. If they still disagree, I will tell them that they may complain on the forums (giving him a link if needed), but to not carry it on in game or with /ooc otherwise further punishment will happen.

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules:

I will tell him that not everything in the rules is exactly specific, but they aren’t allowed to try and find loopholes around the rules. I would then ask for another staff members opinion, and act accordingly.

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules:

I will carry on with the punishment, stating that he is not allowed to use loopholes to his advantage, however I will bring it up with higher ups, possibly SMT asking them to address it for future situations. 

Answer the following questions in detail:

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:

Tier I punishments are used on players who broke the rule unintentionally, or it was a misunderstanding. It also applies to new players or if it was just simply an accident. Tier II warnings are used on players who purposely broke the rule, or if they constantly broke the rule itself. 

2 ) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two:

IC means In character. When IC, you will roleplay as your own personal character, you would act how that character would act, and you would develop different opinions and feelings about the environment around you. You will act like you would as if you were actually there, therefore IC meaning IN character. OOC stands for Out of character. This applies for anything out of character, such as staff sits, or things which are talked about which don’t apply/aren’t in the half life universe, but these are only talked about in the OOC chat, and never in character, otherwise it can be considered FailRP. If you are playing IC, however you let an OOC situation change your gameplay IC, that can be considered meta gaming, as you are using OOC knowledge to act differently IC. For example, if an event was about to occur but IC you did not know, and you prepare yourself IC by buying weapons, setting up in a bunker or any other related example, this could go as meta gaming.

3 ) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:

Serious RP is where what you say and do affects yourself as a character and others. Semi-Serious RP is where you are mainly IC, however you can sometimes speak IC about OOC things without result of punishment, or maybe just a minor one.

4 ) Explain the difference between PassiveRP and CombatRP, explain your view on their importance in our gamemode:

The difference between Passive and Combat RP are very simple. When in passive RP, your character develops as you play the game, alongside each faction which may develop as time goes on, recruiting new members and performing trainings to approve your skills and abilities. Combat RP is where there is a combat situation, where there is conflict and fighting happening that you actively participate in.

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting:

Combat baiting is where you actively try to initiate combat without any proper reasoning for it. It can also be where you try to seek Combat RP when in a Passive RP situation, and force combat to occur instead of letting it passively happen. Combat baiting is frowned upon on almost every server.

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP:

Power gaming is where someone performs an RP action which realistically they cannot perform, giving them an advantage against others. For example, if someone was cuffed, and they do “/me Uses massive muscles to break free from cuffs” that would be considered power gaming.

7 ) Define the term FailRP:

Fail RP would be when a person performs an action which could not be possible in character. For example, if someone was gagged with “/me gags”, in character, they cannot speak. However if they carry on, they are breaking RP, hence Fail RP.

8 ) Define the term FearRP:

Fear RP means that when playing IC you need to act like you would in real life. This means, if guns are presented to be pointed at you, you would fear your life, as if you only had one life. For example breaking Fear RP would be if for instance you have been stripped of your weapons, and someone pulls out a gun on you and you do not do as they say, that is breaking Fear RP.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

There are various reasons for me, being a suitable candidate for the Half Life staff team. The first one being my dedication. Ever since I joined the WG community back in late November of 2019, I have been on almost daily playing each server and learning on how to play and improve my personal RP. I enjoy playing RP servers due to the dedication of the staff team, ensuring I have a good time whilst playing. I want to be able to do the same for other new and old members of the community by making sure that people act appropriately and have fun when RPing.

The second reason would be my previous experiences whilst on SWRP. Due to my dedication by playing almost daily, I have personally learned many things whilst playing. With my RP sense, I have shown competence by climbing and reaching high ranks, whilst in an EP sense, I have dedicated my time to ensure other members of the server have enjoyable events to play. Because of my experiences in the Event Planning team, I have learnt ULX commands with time. Also, on SWRP the event planning team are pretty much a backup staff team, so where staff members have been absent, I have had many times where I have had to fill in, ensuring the player base is satisfied. 

Overall, I want to provide a good service to the Half Life community by doing my duties to a good standard as a staff member. I will assist any person in need of help in any way possible, bringing problems to a resolution, and also putting forward my personal suggestions.

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years in age or older. 

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly. 

- You must have at least four (4) days of play time: N/A

- You must have 10 or fewer warns: N/A

- You must not be banned when you apply: N/A 

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

Exceptions can be made with the permission of a Server Management Team Member.

giphy.webp

+1

All my experiences with JH are amazing, he is friendly and socilable. 

Hes has a good half life knowledge to already be accpeted into a faction(lambda), not alot of lambda staff aswell which there should be a fair few for each faction

Already has alot of ULX experience from his ranks already

He will be a good staff member without a doubt

Edited by Bansheey
Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

+1

Pretty good but i dont know if u can be active on both swrp and hlrp.

GM LCPL 03.03.24 - 

Previous Ranks

GM Colonel 13.09.19 – 19.03.20 DU Colonel 19.03.20 - 07.05.20 CG LCPL 18.07.20 - 25.07.20

Jedi Blade Warrior 08.03.20 - 26.08.20 Deathrun Senior Admin 24.04.20 - 05.03.21

DarkRP Senior Mod 02.04.21 - 12.04.21

+1

- Plenty of RP experience

- Good HL lore knowledge, specifically for C24

- ULX experience from staffing on other WG servers

- Detailed final answer

- Thought-out scenario answers