Scotty

Malcolm Scott's Second Staff Application

Name: Middle name is John, will say more if needed

What country are you from?: Scotland

How well do you speak and understand English?: Fluent

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49900664

In-Game name(s): Malcolm Scott, Agent Dume, Recruit Highland

Play Time. Must be atleast 3 days. No exceptions(SCP-RP): 1w 5d 3h, 49m at time of writing

Are you a VIP/GoldVIP?: Gold / PlatVIP

Do you have a microphone?: Yes, i have a Steelseries Arctis 1 headset

Do you have TeamSpeak ( Required )?: Yes, i have TeamSpeak installed and ready to use

Why should we pick you? (250 word minimum):
You should pick me because i am competent person who listen to orders taken from higher ups and i understand the rules of Roleplay well. This is because i have learnt the different factions and their uses such as the CI Infiltrator which is used to sneak into the foundation and breach the security of D-Class, SCPs and terminate high level individuals. Then there is A-1 which primary purpose is to be at the command of the O5 council, but when they are not on, we protect Site administration. So i have been on both sides of the spectrum with RP on the server. One day protecting SA, One day going to kill them. I am will usually never lose my temper because i understand that this is just a game and nothing will be gained from it. I am a good listener as well, for example if someone needs to get something off their chest, i would fully listen to their story.  I dont judge people for their sexuality or interests. If they seem like a nice person, i will judge them as such, it doesn't matter to me if you're bi or a furry, i would fully listen to you no matter the issue. I will also play most days now due to the current situation and i have plenty of free time i am willing to put into the server.  I am able to use common sense in situations that seem complicated but in reality it is just a simple sit. If i would ever get stuck anyway i would not hesitate to call one of the higher ups because i am not afraid to ask for help. I am also an induvidual who does not really take sides in a argument  (unless i am in one myself) so that means i can fully review each side with evidence and submit my judgement along with other staff if needed. I think that if i had the power
to. Sometimes i can be annoying as all hell but im afraid thats just me when im in `that` mood i can't do anything about that. 

How long will you be able to play per day?:

In the current situation i will be able to play for more that 6 hours per day if i slept the night before.

Any past experience as staff?: Yes, i was a moderator on a Star wars RP server and its predacessor. I am currently a Moderator on Reach HaloRP

Any previous warns/bans? If so why? (maximum of 15 warns, exceptions can be made.): 1 Warn for RDM, me getting annoyed at a d class having comms and i could do nothing about it because it would be metagaming. This is when i first joined the server and was settling into the community.

Do you know the basic ULX commands Yes/No: Yes, for example:

!menu brings up the XGUI menu which allows you to access all that you can do in my current rank, It can be used if i forget a command.

!goto allows me to teleport to any player thats is currently on the server for example if someone called a staff member, i would be able to get there quickly.

!bring allows me to bring any player on the server to my postion, usually the admin room which is where most sits are taken care of away from the general playerbase.

!kick disconnects the player from the server, but they can join back.

!freeze allows me to stop the player from moving, useful when they are trying to run away from sits.

there are various types of targeting that are used when selecting players

@ will select the player infront of me

* will select every player on the server

^ will select myself, useful for setting !armour ^ (amount) and !hp ^ (amount)

Do you know what SCP-RP is about? (not just job descriptions): SCP-RP is about the fictional world of the Secure Contain Protect universe. It is based in the fictional city of Ovis where The Foundation stays in their facility in the subway where there are several jobs that can occupy players such as MTF or Mobile Task Forces which have their own separate job. An example of this is Alpha-1 (Red Right Hand), This is a high level task force which primarily guards the O5 council which is a secret group which are the Overseers of the foundation. Because of this, the O5's very existance is kept secret to those below cl2. There are Guards which guard checkpoints and serve as security for the site. They also guard contain the D Class which are usually criminals taken from prisons and given amnestics which are drugs which cause the user to 
forget past experiences. These D Class are used for experiments by Research personell who do tests on SCPs or Scips as called commonly by the community. These are Anomalous entities who's powers are not to be  seen by the general populace. The SCPs are generally classed in 4 separate ways:

Safe: A Safe class anomaly is where its abilities are fully explained and containment efforts are effect in which it is rendered nulls or is in the public and not needed to be contained. For example, SCP-999 

Euclid: A Euclid class anomaly is where its abilities are not fully explained and is unpredictable. For example SCP-173 and SCP-096

Keter: A Keter class anomaly is where tts ablitlies can be lethal and containment is a ongoing effort because of its abilites. For example SCP-682.

Thauminal: A Thauminal class anomaly is where its abilities are used to contain other SCPs. For example SCP-004-J, yes i know its a joke scp but its quite interesting

These classes are easy to remember with the box metaphor used by the SCP community

If you put a Safe class anomaly in a box, it stays there

If you put a Euclid class anomaly in a box, its unpredictable

If you put a Keter class anomaly in a box, it breaks out and eats your grandmother.

A Thauminal class anomaly is the box or is used to secure it

These are not the only classes though, These are the main four used by the community. There are many more such as Apollyon and Yesod.

Do you understand the rules of SCP-RP(1 word is not an answer).

Yes i fully understand the rules of the server because i have broken them before and was punished for it. 
FearRP is where an individual for example breaks out off cuffs while a gun is pointing towards him. This is FearRP because in reality you would not try and escape shackles if a gun was pointed to you head
Micspamming is quite self explanatory. This is where a user constatly plays music or screaming down the microphone to irritate others on purpose.
LTAP is where someone is in a admin sit and they leave to try to avoid punishment hence the name Leaving to Avoid Punishment.
LTARP is when someone leaves the server to avoid a IC roleplay situation, therefore ruining the experience.
RDM stand for Random Death Match and is used when a player kills another for no reason.
NLR stands for New Life Rule. This rule is where if you are killed, you cannot return to that place for 5 mins and cannot join back to a raid unless it is over. You also forget all the information that you gathered in character.
DTS means disrespect towards staff. This is used when the player is toxic towards staff, this can also be applied to DTP which stands for disrespect towards player.
Propminge is where someone spawns props to disrupt the roleplay of the server.
NH2RP stands for Not here 2 Role Play, This is where someone joins the server purely to disrupt the roleplay. 
There are also some rules regarding building, such as
No Killboxes, this is where a raider has to wait in a exposed area while waiting for lets say a keycard scanner to hack, this is unfair because it allows the opposition to easily kill their opponents.
These are just some of the rules but there are many more.

If this app seems undertailed. It is because i hate writing these and i haven't slept yet at time of writing.

warns.png

Edited by Malcolm Scott

An explanation is in order. 

I was banned from the main discord yesterday. 

The night before i was with matt debating with xunt about the implemenation of new job with CI. (IRUC i think it was called)

Due to Xunt's stubbourness i then drew up a grudge against him for a while.

Then the whole thing with Matt happened and he gave the PlatVIP role admin perms and i decided fuck it y not. I unbanned Shadow then gave myself the job manager role.

I'm not blaming anyone for my actions, i should have been responsible and not have done anything but i was in a bit miffed then. 

So i would reccomend to staff to make all +1's above this thread null so that a fair judgement can be made.

Real sorry about all this but i was a idiot and let my moodyness the the better of me.

36 minutes ago, Malcolm Scott said:

An explanation is in order. 

I was banned from the main discord yesterday. 

The night before i was with matt debating with xunt about the implemenation of new job with CI. (IRUC i think it was called)

Due to Xunt's stubbourness i then drew up a grudge against him for a while.

Then the whole thing with Matt happened and he gave the PlatVIP role admin perms and i decided fuck it y not. I unbanned Shadow then gave myself the job manager role.

I'm not blaming anyone for my actions, i should have been responsible and not have done anything but i was in a bit miffed then. 

So i would reccomend to staff to make all +1's above this thread null so that a fair judgement can be made.

Real sorry about all this but i was a idiot and let my moodyness the the better of me.

That's pretty irresponsible to do when you've made a staff application. 

You held a grudge against the server owner which is in and of itself kind of bad.

Staff members should not hold grudges towards anyone, doesn't matter who it is, you don't hold grudges.

It was wrong to abuse the power that was given to you because of an abusive moderator.

Owning up to it is very good of you though.

Yeah, i was in call when you did it (just didn't know what) and you where immediately regretful of your actions which shows you know you messed,

however the fact you did it in the first place suggests you don't really think through your actions and act on impulses.

like i said before you are a nice guy but im not sure you could be trusted 100% of the time seeing what you did on discord.

Neutral/-1

I am here to launder money