John Shuttle

John Shuttle Staff Application

Name: Chris.
What country are you from?: England.

How well do you speak and understand English?: I can speak and write in English fluently.

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:112458537

In-Game name(s): "John Shuttle"

Play Time. Must be atleast 3 days. No exceptions(SCP-RP): 1w 2d 22h.

Are you a VIP/GoldVIP?: Platinum VIP.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes and I can use it the majority of the time.

Do you have TeamSpeak ( Required )?: Yes.

Why should we pick you? (250 word minimum): Yes, although I want to help the community and show my support etcetera, I think that I want to be a staff member more down to my sympathy for people's experience being ruined by others. I hate the idea of people wanting to come on a server and their fun and immersion being ruined by someone who's selfish. Furthermore, I believe that I have played for long enough on the server to understand the fundamental rules of the server as well as gained enough experience to carry out the tasks at hand effectively. I understand that many may think I'm immature due to my age however I like to think otherwise - I always respect peoples' opinions and stay calm during almost any situation I come across. I play on this server at least every other day and I've had great fun doing so. I think that it's important for me to become a staff member because I would love being "behind the scenes" of what makes this server void of any annoying minges and I would take great pride in helping roleplayers and hearing a simple "thanks for your help". Additionally, when I joined the server for the first time I heard a guy running around and mic-spamming. Thankfully, I just ignored this and continued coming back to the server but I'm fully aware that that situation may put-off other new players: I want to make their first experience on the server an entertaining one that will show them how addictive this gamemode can be. I would say that my past experience as staff would help me on this server as I know how to handle situations with patience and I know how to help. I have recently realised that not many staff members are on in the early morning and late at night which was an issue when I needed to ask a question; so to stop this happening to others I'm conveniently on early in the mornings and I often play late as well. Finally, I will try to dedicate the majority of my time on this server - if I get accepted - to being on duty because I know how much it means to people having someone to help them at a moments notice (plus it's more fun for me). To the benefit of other staff, I have great teamwork skills and never undermine someone I'm working with. Even if someone else has made a mistake, I focus on how I can help them improve themselves as I would hope they would do the same for me. I understand that it's essential for the staff team to work together to ensure they remain coordinated and effective at what they're meant to do: help those in need of assistance. I'm not expecting to just be here to ban people and tell them off - I know that there's much more to being a member of the staff team and most of the time I would be called by people for simple questions: for example, "can I build this..." I find it important to respond to every single message given to staff because it builds the reputation of the staff team and makes people trust us. On the other hand, I'm not afraid to be strict and firm where needed and I will not let a player try an manipulate me into allowing them to break the rules. As I'm meant to convince you to see me as the perfect applicant: as seen by my warnings, I have not been in trouble with admins and I have respected them and their decisions ever since I have joined the server. My respect for staff further adds to my teamwork qualities. I would never wrongly accuse someone of breaking the rules as I'm an honest and down-to-Earth person who strives in treating everyone equally. Even if someone has been banned multiple times in the past, I will not let this influence how I treat them in a different situation.

How long will you be able to play per day?: On week days, I can play from 3-4 hours and on weekends probably 4-8.

Any past experience as staff?: Yes, I owned and partially developed my own server for a while but had to end that due to lack of funding. I used to be a Senior-Admin on another server but I went inactive and lost interest of that gamemode.

Any previous warns/bans? If so why? (maximum of 15 warns, exceptions can be made.): None.

1EB55D9A3683BA74DDD71D5B62906B2B622CD586

Do you know the basic ULX commands Yes/No: Yes.

Do you know what SCP-RP is about? (not just job descriptions): SCP-RP is a roleplay gamemode based off of the ideas from the SCP wiki page. Anyone can contribute to this concept as long as it's relevant. It's about this "foundation" called "Secure, Contain, Protect" which holds these stated values. They want to protect the world from anomalies - or entities with extraordinary attributes - due to them being a risk to the world, the human race, or even the existence of everything. The foundation operates to keep these anomalies secure and under control and classifies them depending on what risk they present. This very broad concept has been expanded to the extent where we have external organisations - other than the SCP foundation - that want to destroy or capture these entities for various purposes, such as religious or as a way to make money. SCP-RP aims to replicate what the wiki brings by creating the atmosphere of a town where a foundation is held. The player must work his or her way up the levels which are designed to unlock jobs that require better roleplay skills as the player progresses. This leads to a gamemode where you can roleplay as almost any character or 'job' which is related to the SCP universe. The server maintains certain rules to ensure the experience is enjoyable for the majority of people that come to play on it. SCP-RP aims to represent what the daily life for someone would be in the SCP universe including the challenges they face and even their simple actions. Each job is unique to deliver a different feeling every time you play: there's certainly a job that will fit your play style and your interests. I would say that the core purpose of SCP-RP is to bring the concept and the lore that's been developed over the years to life in an interactive and exciting way.

Do you understand the rules of SCP-RP(1 word is not an answer).: I have read the rules page of the server and I know well. I know what a player can and cannot do in a range of situations. Furthermore, I have read the rules multiple times to ensure that I remember the key points. As well as the common rules such: as "NLR (new life rule", "RDM (random death-match)", "Metagaming" and "Prop climbing/minging" I also understand rules which may be more specific to the gamemode such as: "Checkpoints can only be in certain locations", "structures giving an unfair advantage to defenders are banned" and "no abusing PAC3 or E2 etc". I've also taken the time to research each GOI to see what they are and what they aim to do which will further develop my understanding of the rules and reasoning behind them. Luckily, I've been playing long enough to have already made mistakes so I think I'm now prepared and knowledgeable enough to know which rules apply to certain situations.

A new and improved grand total of 1048 words excluding the template. Yet again, I'm very sorry for my mistake before hand.

Thank you for taking your time to read my application.

Edited by sirhcCS
I didn't have enough words, very sorry. Decided to go more in-depth.
56 minutes ago, CodezBlack said:

Pending

While the app is good, you are not quite known, however we are willing to wait to determine if accepting you would be the right choice. 

Fair enough, thanks for your response and open-minded attitude.