Sir Rose

Carson Smith - O5 Application

o5.jpeg.6650c99250a6dd5c20898aad3b612da1.jpeg

OOC/Basic Information

Your in-Game Name: Caron Smith

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:43258039

Your Age: 20

Your In-Game Playtime: 01W 5D 21H 4000_screenshots_20200904223042_1.jpg.5bdb3278cab32322814c26cf90fc5a4e.jpg

Your Warns: 0

Rate Your RP Skills: 8/10

What O5 Designation would you prefer (1-12) and what character?: O5-5 "Blackbird" / Any vacant position.

How do you initiate a lockdown/unlockdown?: To initiate a lockdown/unlockdown a current one, you must type: /lockdown. To unlockdown, /unlockdown

How do you Initiate a nuke?: Call an admin+ with good reason!

Have you read and understand the rules of SCP-RP?: I have and I do understand.

Why do you believe you should be part of the O5 Council and what can you bring to the role e.g (Pressure in extreme situations, making the tough decisions):

- Negotiation / Communication

- Creativity / Decision making

The O5 council is mysterious, hidden and somewhat intangible to an extent. This brings opportunity for roleplay and for new stories to be created from the basis of what is the O5 council. I understand the necessity for decent roleplayers of a creative mindset and the ability to make on-the-spot decisions which can most definitely impact the majority of foundation personnel. I believe I fit the criteria for the most part. Furthermore, I understand that there is no 'perfect decision' when being pressured to make one; it's a situation similar to the ethical/psychological test, the Trolley Problem; needing to weigh the situation from both a subjective and/or objective stance whilst valuing human life and their skills as individual people is something no one can do easily, yet they must make a decision.

Something I often tell myself when making a decision is that "you should make one, even if it is not the best choice." Choosing nothing at all may impact the situation you're in far more than choosing something, even if it is the lesser of another evil. With that in mind, I am a communicator and a speaker. I enjoy speaking to other people on the server about the research opportunities they've undertaken (if they're a researcher for example) as well as giving advice on spicing any mundanities up to make it more interesting not only for themselves, but for all parties involved. The speaker mindset also allows me to connect with others on a more diplomatic scale; the ability to negotiate in an otherwise unfavourable environment and to keep a cool head screwed on.

I mentioned creativity. I can't build anything, that's for sure, but I do love stories. Talking about stories and creating a character revolving around said story gets the mind thinking and is something I believe I can pull off to a successful degree if given the chance. This is why I tend to play as the Site Advisor role moreso than any other job on the server. If anything, it gives the illusion of importance even if the role the job has on the hierarchy isn't at all that high, the advice the Advisor gives towards his superior is often valued.

Past Experience:

I used to be apart of Sierra, when that RP group was around a while back as well as another I cannot recall, if that provides any instance of experience to guide myself upon.

Can you explain what an O5 does for the foundation and the site itself and why he himself differs from any other site Adminstration?:

Site Administrators do their jobs and carry out the simplicities that is required of them without complaint and/or question for why they do such a task. They acknowledge the risks, having being called to take on an important position to safeguard the Foundation, the civilian populous as well as anyone else under their care. These individuals carry out the job provided by them from above, to hand down towards their staff. These individuals are amongst the more public within the foundation, though they still do tend to stay away from potentially dangerous anomalous objects due to the importance of their role.

The O5 council on the other-hand, being the literal executives in charge of what's probably known as the scariest organisation in the world, operate away from anomalous objects and activities to perform whatever legislative tasks that they deem worthy of their notice and/or is OF great importance, such as passing new rules, laws and the such. With said position, they are essentially a databank of classified and dangerous information regarding the foundation and it's anomalous objects. The nature of each O5 council member means that most if not all of these individuals are kept out of sight, even within the foundation.

What is the O5 Council?:

The O5 council are a mysterious group of individuals in-charge of the Foundation as a whole. They are at the very top of the foundations hierarchy and typically have the same power as each other, though some sources believe that O5-1 has the most power of them all. Each individual within the Council is able to pass laws unto the foundation regarding Task Forces, research, D-class, etc, in order to safeguard the Foundation, the anomalies within as well as the public from the otherwise uncontrollable dangers that could wipe out humanity. Each O5 council member has their own Task Force; a small private army for their use essentially, mostly used to safeguard themselves and to perform any work that is required of said O5 council member. Due to the extensive knowledge and importance each member holds, they often keep to themselves, emerging within the foundation only if necessary and almost always avoiding contact with anomalous objects.

Despite the relatively reclusive nature each member has, it is known that some individuals of the council have contact with other government officials to ensure the continued funding of the foundation itself.

These individuals make the choices no one else wants to make.

Explain what makes you special:

I suppose if I were to call myself special, it would be my desire to communicate with others and form good connections between them. I have only recently returned to the server and as such, cannot be held to said special quality as of yet, but in time, I am certain that i'll be able to hold myself to that.

Another thing I could say is my perseverance and willingness to improve upon myself as a player and a person. I recognise the difference between roleplay and simply talking OOC'ly about whatever stuff is on other peoples minds. It does wonders for stress, honestly.

What Departement would you like to focus on? (Research, Mobile Task Forces, Ethics,...):

Research / Ethics

- Afternote:

I've recently returned to the server, that's all. I've been at university lol.

Edited by Sir Rose
Amended O5 designation section.
10 minutes ago, ✪Kanser CS.MONEY said:

Um sorry but you made a nice application but you need to get used to new V6 cersion of the server and play Site administiration so that you can have a positive rep and show that you are worthy because since you were gone we cannot tell if you are good or not but I will give an +1 to this Good luck

I don't have VIP so I can't play on the job, so rip me, but thanks! In previous versions I was able to play SD though, if that counts for anything.

Edited by Sir Rose
On 9/4/2020 at 3:39 PM, ✪Kanser CS.MONEY said:

Um sorry but you made a nice application but you need to get used to new V6 version of the server and play Site administration so that you can have a positive rep and show that you are worthy because since you were gone we cannot tell if you are good or not but I will give an +1 to this Good luck

On 9/4/2020 at 3:33 PM, Sir Rose said:

o5.jpeg.6650c99250a6dd5c20898aad3b612da1.jpeg

OOC/Basic Information

Your in-Game Name: Caron Smith

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:43258039

Your Age: 20

Your In-Game Playtime: 01W 5D 21H 4000_screenshots_20200904223042_1.jpg.5bdb3278cab32322814c26cf90fc5a4e.jpg

Your Warns: 0

Rate Your RP Skills: 8/10

What O5 Designation would you prefer (1-12) and what character?: O5-5 "Blackbird" / Any vacant position.

How do you initiate a lockdown/unlockdown?: To initiate a lockdown/unlockdown a current one, you must type: /lockdown. To unlockdown, /unlockdown

How do you Initiate a nuke?: Call an admin+ with good reason!

Have you read and understand the rules of SCP-RP?: I have and I do understand.

Why do you believe you should be part of the O5 Council and what can you bring to the role e.g (Pressure in extreme situations, making the tough decisions):

- Negotiation / Communication

- Creativity / Decision making

The O5 council is mysterious, hidden and somewhat intangible to an extent. This brings opportunity for roleplay and for new stories to be created from the basis of what is the O5 council. I understand the necessity for decent roleplayers of a creative mindset and the ability to make on-the-spot decisions which can most definitely impact the majority of foundation personnel. I believe I fit the criteria for the most part. Furthermore, I understand that there is no 'perfect decision' when being pressured to make one; it's a situation similar to the ethical/psychological test, the Trolley Problem; needing to weigh the situation from both a subjective and/or objective stance whilst valuing human life and their skills as individual people is something no one can do easily, yet they must make a decision.

Something I often tell myself when making a decision is that "you should make one, even if it is not the best choice." Choosing nothing at all may impact the situation you're in far more than choosing something, even if it is the lesser of another evil. With that in mind, I am a communicator and a speaker. I enjoy speaking to other people on the server about the research opportunities they've undertaken (if they're a researcher for example) as well as giving advice on spicing any mundanities up to make it more interesting not only for themselves, but for all parties involved. The speaker mindset also allows me to connect with others on a more diplomatic scale; the ability to negotiate in an otherwise unfavourable environment and to keep a cool head screwed on.

I mentioned creativity. I can't build anything, that's for sure, but I do love stories. Talking about stories and creating a character revolving around said story gets the mind thinking and is something I believe I can pull off to a successful degree if given the chance. This is why I tend to play as the Site Advisor role moreso than any other job on the server. If anything, it gives the illusion of importance even if the role the job has on the hierarchy isn't at all that high, the advice the Advisor gives towards his superior is often valued.

Past Experience:

I used to be apart of Sierra, when that RP group was around a while back as well as another I cannot recall, if that provides any instance of experience to guide myself upon.

Can you explain what an O5 does for the foundation and the site itself and why he himself differs from any other site Adminstration?:

Site Administrators do their jobs and carry out the simplicities that is required of them without complaint and/or question for why they do such a task. They acknowledge the risks, having being called to take on an important position to safeguard the Foundation, the civilian populous as well as anyone else under their care. These individuals carry out the job provided by them from above, to hand down towards their staff. These individuals are amongst the more public within the foundation, though they still do tend to stay away from potentially dangerous anomalous objects due to the importance of their role.

The O5 council on the other-hand, being the literal executives in charge of what's probably known as the scariest organisation in the world, operate away from anomalous objects and activities to perform whatever legislative tasks that they deem worthy of their notice and/or is OF great importance, such as passing new rules, laws and the such. With said position, they are essentially a databank of classified and dangerous information regarding the foundation and it's anomalous objects. The nature of each O5 council member means that most if not all of these individuals are kept out of sight, even within the foundation.

What is the O5 Council?:

The O5 council are a mysterious group of individuals in-charge of the Foundation as a whole. They are at the very top of the foundations hierarchy and typically have the same power as each other, though some sources believe that O5-1 has the most power of them all. Each individual within the Council is able to pass laws unto the foundation regarding Task Forces, research, D-class, etc, in order to safeguard the Foundation, the anomalies within as well as the public from the otherwise uncontrollable dangers that could wipe out humanity. Each O5 council member has their own Task Force; a small private army for their use essentially, mostly used to safeguard themselves and to perform any work that is required of said O5 council member. Due to the extensive knowledge and importance each member holds, they often keep to themselves, emerging within the foundation only if necessary and almost always avoiding contact with anomalous objects.

Despite the relatively reclusive nature each member has, it is known that some individuals of the council have contact with other government officials to ensure the continued funding of the foundation itself.

These individuals make the choices no one else wants to make.

Explain what makes you special:

I suppose if I were to call myself special, it would be my desire to communicate with others and form good connections between them. I have only recently returned to the server and as such, cannot be held to said special quality as of yet, but in time, I am certain that i'll be able to hold myself to that.

Another thing I could say is my perseverance and willingness to improve upon myself as a player and a person. I recognise the difference between roleplay and simply talking OOC'ly about whatever stuff is on other peoples minds. It does wonders for stress, honestly.

What Departement would you like to focus on? (Research, Mobile Task Forces, Ethics,...):

Research / Ethics

- Afternote:

I've recently returned to the server, that's all. I've been at university lol.

ive seen you play fa, your a nice guy and i like chattin to you when i see you.

but ima have to -1, the apps good n all but get back into scp-rp a bit more especially V6 

i have overdosed 4 times since being banned from scp rp

Denied

Most Council Members have never heard of you. Some parts of the app could be better explained, also I've never seen you on Foundation Administration (I get it, you've got Uni)

But, don't feel discouraged, as we do see that you are mature, getting more whitelists (Like ECM) and overall getting more involved in the Community more. So we'll be watching.

Re-apply in two weeks (Longer than normal, just because I want you to re-apply once you actually might of changed instead of one week.)

chrome_7H3a7Ltrjc.png