Asteria Silver

Alacastus Alastair's Staff Application

Name: Alacastus Alastair

What country are you from?: The United States of America.

How well do you speak and understand English?: English is my primary language. I can however use translators if another language is used, to make a player experience better.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:171161405.

In-Game name(s): LCPL Dragon, 2LT Dragon, Alacastus Alastair. I have 2 whitelists, both groups are fun to play!

Age: 22. And yes, I can drink, but I hardly do if at all.

Play Time. Must be at least 3 days. No exceptions(SCP-RP): 6 Days, 6 Hours. I know it may not be much, but I actually had about 1-day playtime back in 2018, and since my return has accumulated the other 5 days and counting.

Are you a VIP/GoldVIP?: Platinum VIP (Everything Package for SCPRP). And let me say, it was well worth the money (Copped me that package on sale!)

Do you have a microphone?: Yes, and it is crystal clear. I love having a good sounding microphone, as having one that sounds like its Xbox grade can make it hard for people to understand you.

Do you have TeamSpeak ( Required )?: Yes. But I genuinely find that Discord is a better (and free) alternative! Maybe changing over to Discord could help save a bit of cash, just set up a section for private meetings and you are good :D.

Why should we pick you? (250-word minimum): As someone who has experience across multiple games, platforms, and sites as an administrator for 6 years, I believe I have the experience. I have been staff for Gmod, SCP: SL, Second Life, Minecraft, TF2, Discord, Starbound, and other groups & servers, so I have the knowledge of each platform and the requirements of professionalism. I also have been chatting with several members of the server, including a majority of the staff team, to ensure people know who I am, and how I act. I understand that choosing a staff member can be a hard decision, but I think the server can use people on at times that Americans head-on at. When it comes down to it, people can have fun, but also need to understand that rules are there for a reason, and people ruining the fun of others may just cause incidents that can affect the mood of other players. It is best to understand the people on a server, and I think I pretty much got that down. Overall the decision lies in the hands of the people above, but I believe that I could provide a good addition to the team! Rule breakers are a pain in the neck, so having someone to enforce those rules with an iron fist is a wonderful idea. All in all, at the end of the day, all that matters is seeing server members happy, and enjoying their time on the server, as they should. And that's about it, so long as people behave, then the job is done well.

How long will you be able to play per day?: At least 4 hours each day, with weekends providing far more time. I work 8:30 A.M EST - 5:00 P.M EST (American Hours ik), but this allows me to be on at times where some staff may be asleep. Holidays will allow me much more time, and weekends I can usually play for 8 hours or more a day!

Any past experience as staff?: Multiple Gmod Servers, Minecraft, SCP: SL, Second Life, Discord Servers, Starbound, online forum groups. Second life is good for working with more mature individuals, and the other servers are good for working with young lads, so that way I can understand the inner workings of the mind, regardless of age. Understanding the lingo of all ages can help when it comes to communications. The Facebook groups were a way to be social and help moderate, and the starbound servers are fun because space is an awesome topic. SCP: SL was an interesting one, as that led to me joining their Minecraft staff team for the server I played. 99% of the communities I used to play are now defunct or failed to fund themselves.

Any previous warns/bans? If so why? (maximum of 15 warns, exceptions can be made.): None. Being a good noodle will help set a good example for anyone who wants to play on the server, and hopefully inspire others to be good as well.

Do you know the basic ULX commands Yes/No: Yes. As working on staff on former Gmod servers, ULX became one command language I learned the basics of pretty easily. I even have them on a word document for easy reference, in case its like midnight and my brain isn't working.

Do you know what SCP-RP is about? (not just job descriptions): Absolutely! It is about roleplaying in the role of a person in the universe of SCP. And let us be honest, it's not gonna be a star wars RP or anything. SCP is about foundations that contain anomalies that can cause catastrophic results to humanity, and the people who protect/attempt to use them for various purposes. Some groups attempt to use these anomalies for nefarious purposes, some wish to destroy it, but all revolve around the same plot. The unknown. SCP-RP is fun, and a great gamemode to play if you enjoy the paranormal, or enjoy spooky things.

Do you understand the rules of SCP-RP (1 word is not an answer): Pretty much the same rules as other servers, and are vital to server operations. Without the server rules, the server would go into anarchy. Essentially, think of it as real-life rules, especially with NLR for example. If I died in real life, I wouldn't return to the spot I died with knowledge on everything in my past life, that is just crazy! So why would someone do that in-game? The rules are important to follow, and should be looked at as a foundation for gameplay. Other than that, I think the rules are fair!

Edited by Alacastus
Norra suggested a 1000 word limit, so I reworked my document!

Honestly +1

I've had nothing but good interactions with you. You get on the server to have fun and actually RP and i have never really seen you cause any problems. I believe you would be a good staff member although your playtime is a little iffy for me and the app is a little under word count past that i see nothing wrong with this and i wish you goodluck.

6 minutes ago, [W-G] Toasti said:

+1 seems competent, has experience and never had issues with him

however, you're under the wordcount:

The whole application needs a minimum of 1,000 words.
you have: 468  ❤️

Oh shit, I only saw a word count for the (Why should we pick you) part. Sorry bout that.

Edited by Alacastus
Spell check

+1

Good guy, active and well known so I believe he would have no issue becoming a part of the team. 

Stupid American is proud that he can drink at 22. *chuckles in German*

e14discordavatarv4big.png.70dd6383d299a5ee1bbda2cc27ad0c43.pngNoe

SCP-RP Senior Staff / Lead Mentor

STEAM_0:0:131395686  ─  NOE#2960  ─  🇩🇪 / 🇬🇧