Freeman

DU Portable Shield Generator

What your suggestion is: Add a portable shield generator to DU SO+. It will be used in situations of combat where you can't place barracades, and to protect medics so they don't combat heal.

How it works is simple. You place it down and it stays up for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds it goes into a 60 second cooldown. You can not shoot through it ether inside or outside. Explosions, blasters and various other things don't work when you're inside the shield.

We'd have to test if Worm weapons work with this, but I'm confident it should work.

Scriptfodder/workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2116434972

Any additional information: Not really, if you have a question, ask below.

-1  Barricades exist.

Also by having this you basically have a barricade where DU plop a thing down and have to do nothing. Immune to explosives is also kinda stupid.

Also DU already have enough equipment don't you think?

Edited by Solaire

1754889583_SolaireCoolGif.gif.2a07fd9f4961fa8af47a28222a18a035.gif

dance yoda.gif

30 minutes ago, Solaire said:

-1  Barricades exist.

Also by having this you basically have a barricade where DU plop a thing down and have to do nothing. Immune to explosives is also kinda stupid.

Also DU already have enough equipment don't you think?

Clearly you didn't read my original post. We can't combat build. So placing a barracade while under fire is not allowed. This could be used as temp use of safety while underfire if we don't have barracade set up in time OR the baracades are destroyed and the clones need a way to be kept safe. Also, again, it only stays up for 30 seconds which means it's only a temp means of protection. And why is having it immune to explosives stupid? It's a shield generator, not a barracade. Wouldn't it be more stupid to let explosives affect people inside the bubble.

As for the DU having enough equipment, I could say the same for 501st with the dropship but does that mean it shouldn't be there? Of course not. Besides, DU members don't get any new equipment when they reach major so this could be something to work up to. Honestly, using 'too much stuff' is a very poor excuse since DU doesn't have a single piece of equipment that's unique to them (minigun doesn't count).

Edited by Freeman
2 minutes ago, Freeman said:

We can't combat build. So placing a barracade while under fire is not allowed. This could be used as temp use of safety while underfire if we don't have barracade set up in time OR the baracades are destroyed 

Placing something that builds a barricade is still combat building :thonk:

3 minutes ago, Freeman said:

As for the DU having enough equipment, I could say the same for 501st with the dropship but does that mean it shouldn't be there? Of course not. Besides, DU SO don't get any new equipment when they reach major so this could be something to work up to.

DU get a DLT, a Shield, Barricades, DU Minigun and a DC-15A. You have enough equipment.

1754889583_SolaireCoolGif.gif.2a07fd9f4961fa8af47a28222a18a035.gif

dance yoda.gif

20 minutes ago, Solaire said:

Placing something that builds a barricade is still combat building :thonk:

DU get a DLT, a Shield, Barricades, DU Minigun and a DC-15A. You have enough equipment.

No it's not. Combat building uses the toolgun. This is a swep. Or should we call putting a shield up during combat, combat building since it's technically a barricade?

Shield CG has, Barricades can be done by CE, Minigun got 327th, DC-15A is the most common weapon on the base and the DLT is basically the 'other blaster' regiments get once they rank up so it's only unique in the sense that every open world game since 2015 in unique. 

I fail to see an actual argument here other than misunderstandings and disagreement.

Edited by Freeman

has be suggested before

I believe this would cause problems as this would be better then a barricade as you are protected in a 360 degree bubble, the long time it is up just means that people can do mass damage and not really get shot as they can bounce in  and out and not to mention how many people would be in them. 
It is also designed for Tfa as such it would require some changing 

4 hours ago, Freeman said:

unique to them (minigun doesn't count).

How does it not count? 
And the dlt is a piece of equipment you can’t really pick and choose the sercomstances  and 501st till recently only had a shotgun the drop ship isn’t used that widely 

The fact that other regiment can do barricades adds redundancy it’s not to steal epuipment away from you 

5 hours ago, Pie said:

has be suggested before

I believe this would cause problems as this would be better then a barricade as you are protected in a 360 degree bubble, the long time it is up just means that people can do mass damage and not really get shot as they can bounce in  and out and not to mention how many people would be in them. 
It is also designed for Tfa as such it would require some changing 

How does it not count? 
And the dlt is a piece of equipment you can’t really pick and choose the sercomstances  and 501st till recently only had a shotgun the drop ship isn’t used that widely 

The fact that other regiment can do barricades adds redundancy it’s not to steal epuipment away from you 

I'm not sure if you know, but the E-5 was recently buffed secretly to 120HP per shot. That will kill a ET in 2-3 shots. Also, what's to stop the EC's from rushing it? It's also designed for all weapon DMG. Obviously the worm weapons would need to be tested with it, but I'm confident it would be fine.

The minigun doesn't count because it's not a unique piece of equipment. Sure it's slightly different on our side but that doesn't make it unique. That's like playing a game and seeing two things that do the same thing but slightly different. It's a gimick. And the DLT is, as I was telling to Solaire, "The Other Blaster" troopers get once they rank up. You see it every regiment. The weapon itself is unique to our regiment sure, but that's small potatos when you look at the weapon feedback channel in discord.

I'm not talking about stealing equipment. I'm talking about the fact we have no piece of unique equipment in our regiment. 501st? Shotguns. 212th? RPG's, Tanks. GC? Snipers, Speeders. GM? FT. 74th? Medical equipment. CE? Ships and turrets. CG? I'm not gonna even start on them. 327th? They have multiple weapons that are unique such as their E-55 heavy.

Edited by Freeman
4 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I'm not sure if you know, but the E-5 was recently buffed secretly to 120HP per shot. That will kill a ET in 2-3 shots. Also, what's to stop the EC's from rushing it? It's also designed for all weapon DMG. Obviously the worm weapons would need to be tested with it, but I'm confident it would be fine.

The minigun doesn't count because it's not a unique piece of equipment. Sure it's slightly different on our side but that doesn't make it unique. That's like playing a game and seeing two things that do the same thing but slightly different. It's a gimick. And the DLT is, as I was telling to Solaire, "The Other Blaster" troopers get once they rank up. You see it every regiment. The weapon itself is unique to our regiment sure, but that's small potatos when you look at the weapon feedback channel in discord.

I'm not talking about stealing equipment. I'm talking about the fact we have no piece of unique equipment in our regiment. 501st? Shotguns. 212th? RPG's, Tanks. GC? Snipers, Speeders. GM? FT. 74th? Medical equipment. CE? Ships and turrets. CG? I'm not gonna even start on them. 327th? They have multiple weapons that are unique such as their E-55 heavy.

You have Barricades and a Shield, DLT and a DU Minigun, DC-15A more equipment than most regiments you don't need anymore. Plus You are the only regiment with the DLT as far as i know so and your regiment doesn't seem to be suffering from lack of members from you EQ so I highly doubt this will be added with the factor of the fact it will probably cause lag

---Current Rank---

[RC Vice Commander F62]

[SWRP Super Admin]

----Past Ranks---

[Battalion 1st Lieutenant]

[DS Squad Leader F62]

[501st Vice Commander x2]

[Jedi Watcher]

[GC ARC Colonel]

[Event Planner]

Republic Commandos Delta Squad at Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) Nexus -  Mods and community

Cool idea but I doubt it's needed so -1. So far barricades do the job and this can prove to be an overkill. On some counter parts to other false claims ("501st till recently only had a shotgun the drop ship isn’t used that widely" - "Also by having this you basically have a barricade where DU plop a thing down and have to do nothing. Immune to explosives is also kinda stupid.") , I haven't seen 501st not use the dropship in an event unless they had no 501st to fly it. As for the damage immunity it is kind of ironic coming from a jedi (force reflect).

Sure weapons are still fairly unbalanced and it takes time to fix all of them we can only wait. DLT is shit but that doesn't mean it won't get changed in the future. It still can be used as a backup weapon of reloading and I agree that if it was more accurate it would fit your defensive support role. 

At this point this thread is more of a "that regiment has that and I dont" arguement.

baljeep1.jpg.ae11bf4d436bdc4308ed4957b7a389a8.jpg

I dunno, would be pretty cool but I dont think it would work well. If it was going to be implemented I feel like it should be 74th that get it. Obviously I know they dont build but, if it is to protect them while healing, then it would make more sense that they had it, maybe like hierarchy only or something

this has been suggested and denied before and i'm going to deny it also as we're looking at alternatives for DU's fortification system.

had to remove signature because of romanian censorship

Spoiler

orangutan.thumb.png.602726c88cce337e9ba2741fe9bf2819.png