v44su

[GoI] [Job Suggestion] Brotherhood Of Steel "Ovis City Chapter"

spacer.png

Brotherhood Of Steel "Ovis City Chapter"

Spoiler

Background/Lore:

The Brotherhood Of Steel(commonly abbreviated to (BoS) is a techno-religious military order. Located in [REDACTED] and operating across [REDACTED] its roots coming from the United States Armed Forces and the government-sponsored scientific community from the former [REDACTED] before the second world war. Dedicated to be the controllers of technology in the current world, where technology has gone so far that someone has to protect the world from itself. Starting as a small research and assault group, grew up to be a major technological defender of the world. Having been fighting multiple major anomalous factions over their technological advancements. The Brotherhood is very "fanatic" or "religious" in the way that they are fully committed to the cause and will fight until their dying day. The Brotherhood also considers many mutated entities as heresy that are infesting humanity this terminating them.

The Brotherhood stands united against his foes!

Date:

2/12/2020

Operation type:

Setting up of a forwards operations base.

Operational Requirement(s):

Mobilizing of all available resources to the location.

Briefing:

Greetings all units, this is "High Elder" Nolan McNamara transmitting to all Brotherhood units. Me and the 1st "Guards Detachment" have stumbled across this city that has a massive presence of technologically advanced factions and some weird mutant like creatures that we yet to have figure out, they disgust me the more I look at them, so pale and inhumane, who knows what this city has to offer. Anyways I am requesting for all available Brotherhood resources to be moved to this city called: "Ovis City". I have no clue where the hell it is but we need some assistance to set up a permanent operating base and immediate deployment of Knights and Paladins. Ad Victoriam!

Resolve:

I McNamara will be dispatching a sub-division to Ovis City called the "Ovis City Chapter" It will be Lead by me, High Elder Elijah and [REDACTED] It will consist of three (3) different elements, the Knights who will be working as our back bone infantry, Paladins who will be working as our shock and destruction unit and a small specialized research unit who will try to figure out what the hell is going on.

Spoiler

Military Hierarchy:

Scientists/Researchers:

Initiate > Senior Initiate > Apprentice Scribe > Scribe > Head Scribe > Proctor > Elder > High Elder

Foot Soldiers:

Initiate > Senior Initiate > Apprentice Knight > Knight > Knight Sergeant > Knight Captain >

Knight Commander > Head Knight > Sentinel > Elder > High Elder

Paladins:

Knight Sergeant (If deemed capable) > Paladin > Senior Paladin > Head Paladin > Elder > High Elder

Spoiler

Purpose on server:

In this universe the Brotherhood of Steel stayed together working as a sub-division of the United States Army (although a hidden one, only known to its Founder and its members) having formed a sub-division: "Ovis City Chapter" or "BoS OCC". They were Founded by a US Army general, who also handles with all the political problems of the BoS like making sure that no major military action is taken against them. They have been granted to work as an independent unit as long as they do not cause wars between other nations as long as they don't do that they have authorization to work to their wanting. BoS also is an equivalent of the Foundations "Insurgency" to where they work against anyone they feel like they need, to secure the technological and abnormal interests of the US Army going so far as to some times clash with them. Ontop of just securing technology they will use it to their advantage as for anomalies they will be stored and researched.

They have stumbled across Ovis City and in an extremely short time they took it as a number 1 priority as Ovis City has so many things of interest. For example all of the anomalies that roam around and the ones that the Foundation keeps. Also technologies of GOC and the Foundation. Basically they will act hostile towards anyone with a technological upper hand or with any abnormal entities.

Spoiler

Loadouts/Jobs

"Brotherhood Of Steel Scribe" Slots: Two or Three:

Weapons: Cuffs, Knife, Glock 18 and M16A4.

Entities (F4 Menu): Book and Notebook.

Spawn entities (At Spawn): Anomaly scanner and Basics.

Models: Trenchcoats.

"Brotherhood Of Steel Knight" Slots: Four

Weapons: AR-15, AUG, AK-74 Cuffs, Smoke, Flashbang, Knife and Pistols.

Entities (F4 menu): Book and Notebook.

Spawn entities (At Spawn): Basics.

Models: The MW2 Player model (the black one).

"Brotherhood Of Steel Paladin" Slots: Two

Weapons: AUG, AR-15, M249, RPD, Cuffs, Knife and Pistols.

Entities (F4 menu): Book, Notebook,"Armor Repair Kit" (Sets armor to 175-200, not allowed to use in combat.), Ammo kit.

Spawn entities (At Spawn): Basics, Spawns with 100 hp and 200 or 250 armor, because of the power armor they wear.

Models: Some beefy player model. "Power Armor"

"Brotherhood Of Steel Elder" Slots: One

Weapons: Cuffs, Knife, Pistols, L115, SVU, Serbu, AUG, AR-15, AK-74, Frag Grenades.

Entities (F4 menu): Book and Notebook.

Spawn entities (At Spawn): Basics.

Models: Open formal suit with a tie.

Anything and everything can be changed depending if this is too over powered.

Spoiler

Other OOC stuff:

Management:

Owner: Heinpoor Himmler

Manager: Lando Norris

Vice-Manager: Open/Looking

(If you are really enthusiastic you can message me right now for a chance at management opportunity on Discord at "v44su#1337")

Relations (for now):

- The Foundation - Hostile

- Global Occult Coalition - Hostile

- MC&D - Neutral

- The Serpents Hand - Neutral/Hostile

- Chaos Insurgency - Neutral/Friendly

Spreadsheet: Come back at a later date

Applications: Come back at a later date

Edited by v44su
Made Lando management, Added some lore bits.

Whitelists: Previus: All Nu-7, Head Of External Affairs, O5-8, Beta-1 "Cauterziers" Riot Unit and Sentinel Unit, ECMx2, O5-9 "The Secret Keeper", Nu-7 Commander, CI Delta, HoEA, Alpha-1, Omega-1, ???, Maxwellist Acolyte, E-11 Commander, Site Director, ISD, HoMD and  MC&D Salesman.

BOS without laser rifles???

+1/Neutral

Edit: Considering it's a new costum group being introduced,  it would allow for more different and interesting RP than what cannon GOI's normally give. 

Edited by Lorex Krato

This is a really good application, and the concept is actually really promising! I even want to try get a spot on it, but from the standpoint of someone who plays something like GOC and Foundation, I have a concern or two.

That's a lot of slots, with 6 combat slots where 2 of them get 175-200 armour, it's a little excessive. Maybe reducing the paladin slots would be a little more fair to the others. I don't know whether or not the 200 armour is fine but in my opinion it's a great addition, especially since they're meant to be technologically advanced.

That's the concern, but before I add a +1 for this amazingly written application, what will happen to the Foundation's cover of being the 75th Ranger regiment of the US Army, would the BoS OCC not be aware of them and vice versa?

9 hours ago, v44su said:

Hide contents

Manager: Lando Norris

7 hours ago, Lando Norris said:

+1

Looks Promising

Pretty cool at the same time 

Would be fun

Hmmm well that is interesting

I don't know a lot about fallout lore and stuff but from what I've read of the application this seems quite similar to the COTBG and the aesthetics they both have and considering church was just removed having a job like this maybe wouldn't be the best timing.

I also don't think Lando is fit for a management position.

so for now imma leave a -1

Edited by Nathan Kennedy

I am here to launder money

27 minutes ago, John Synergy said:

That's a lot of slots, with 6 combat slots where 2 of them get 175-200 armour, it's a little excessive. Maybe reducing the paladin slots would be a little more fair to the others. I don't know whether or not the 200 armour is fine but in my opinion it's a great addition, especially since they're meant to be technologically advanced.

As I noted at the end anything and everything can and most likely will be changed for balance.

What will happen to the Foundation's cover of being the 75th Ranger regiment of the US Army, would the BoS OCC not be aware of them and vice versa?

I am still unsure about conflicting with the Nu-7s 75th rangers. As long as they don't whip out some high tech stuff I doubt that we would have any engagements unless we find out that they are part of the highly technological Foundation, even then we still need to discover the Foundation.

16 minutes ago, Nathan Kennedy said:

Lando looked for a management position after his review.

I don't know a lot about fallout lore and stuff but from what i've read of the application this seems quite similar to the COTBG and the aesthetics they both have and considering church was just removed having a job like this maybe wouldn't be the best timing

You are not wrong, I actually wanted to go for a militarized church or similar and BoS from the Fallout lore with my own twist would have been a fantastic choise, while sure it might be a militarized church that the first United Church and later Maxwellist Church failed, I think we could exploit, for example the hierarchy, ranks are very important when creating a job as they are one of the reasons people return to get that higher rank, sure church had these but they basically made no difference. Another reason why church died was due the loss of their construct which rendered them basically useless if they had to attack the Foundation, again we have the Paladin(s) who will have lots of armor and a way to return it. Church also died due to their weak surface RP which lead to no one playing it if they could not raid Foundation as there was nothing else from them to do other than preach and call anomalies heresy, we could again exploit this by, researching and eliminating anomalies (yes yes I know GOC go brrrrrrr as well), we would also be waging war against technologically advanced foes like GOC (which gives them to also something to do on surface) or anyone who is anyway shape or form mutated (anomalous or grossly out of proportion like using coke for fast run as we deem it inhumane).

Hope this answered your questions/problems you had with the group.

Edited by v44su

Whitelists: Previus: All Nu-7, Head Of External Affairs, O5-8, Beta-1 "Cauterziers" Riot Unit and Sentinel Unit, ECMx2, O5-9 "The Secret Keeper", Nu-7 Commander, CI Delta, HoEA, Alpha-1, Omega-1, ???, Maxwellist Acolyte, E-11 Commander, Site Director, ISD, HoMD and  MC&D Salesman.

1 hour ago, John Synergy said:

ngl, armour only affects pistols, SMGs, shotguns and sometimes snipers. The more commonly used ARs and carbines arent really affected much.

46 minutes ago, v44su said:

Hope this answered your questions/problems you had with the group.

Yes it did! I'm glad that there was no intention to just let it flow and it's all being figured out. This gets a Reddit 100 Chonker +1 from me.

I dont dislike the idea and like it in a way but this is just the old Pentagram with OP loadouts and no cloak.
Also why would the USA have this when they already have Pentagram?

Edited by Jason Ray
3 minutes ago, Jason Ray said:

but this is just the old Pentagram with OP loadouts and no cloak.

I mean pentagram literally had a Juggernaut. OP it doesn't have to be, the loadouts I stated were just my depiction, it can be changed at will. But I wanted to loadouts to be a bit OP so even with small numbers we could face big enemies and its more "realistic" for the GoI to have "OP" weapons as its a technology keeper and using a bit of it.

Also why would the USA have this when they already have Pentagram?

Pentagram is under supervision from the Head of Armed Forces or what ever they call it in the US. We work for no one, we do not appear on ANY government documents, for any random citizen to a top tier General knows we are just some people who collect technology use it and kill mutated entities.

+1 I just finished Fallout NV yesterday and BoS has always been a favorite to me. I would love to see them in SCP-RP too, would be interesting and also everything looks well planned and could be easily implemented too. With the church gone I think the server needs another group that is equally if not more interesting.

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

Besides the funny fact of BoS being in SCP, there are several problems with the group itself

- "In this universe the Brotherhood of Steel "Ovis City Chapter" or "BoS OCC" stayed together working as a sub-division of the United States Army." really doesnt make sense with the Brotherhood's goals and the fact that they are traitors.  Along with this, it makes no sense that a group with such strong ties to the USA would be hostile to either the Foundation or GOC.

- The concept itself just doesnt work on the server, as there arent enough tech-related anomalies.

- The group lore is really murkey

- It seems like a weird combination of the Foundation and GOC

and last but not least

- Lando as management!!!!!!

But being serious, it doesnt really work with SCP.  Going to have to -1 this one.

Spoiler

If this somehow gets accepted

Spoiler

Well.....

Spoiler

History of the Enclave | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

God Bless America

Glory to the Enclave

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

Denied

You can't just take a group from a completely different universe and expect it to work inside SCP. This isn't Fallout RP, and we are not going to add a group that is straight up just from Fallout. If you want to suggest a Brotherhood of Steel inspired group then feel free, but a like for like copy of it isn't going to get added. Also

53 minutes ago, Atomik said:

- Lando as management!!!!!!

gives me very little faith in your capability to choose the right people to help you manage.