Atomik

Add /roll

Add /roll.

I was going some research (cause im best RPer) and my assistant tried to do /roll.  I then realized, "Why the fuck dont we have /roll this is an RP server".

Add /roll please thanks.

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

While I understand that some people might want to use /roll for some things, I fear that it would just end up reducing RP in the long term. (Using /roll in interrogations or something like that)

Edited by Randy Walters
1 hour ago, Randy Walters said:

While I understand that some people might want to use /roll for aome things, I fear that it would just end up reducing RP in the long term. (Using /roll in interrogations or something like that)

I share the same opinion even tho yes it can be useful it could/will hurt the RP. 

1 hour ago, Randy Walters said:

While I understand that some people might want to use /roll for some things, I fear that it would just end up reducing RP in the long term. (Using /roll in interrogations or something like that)

29 minutes ago, Walter Alvarez said:

I share the same opinion even tho yes it can be useful it could/will hurt the RP. 

You can always add lists and rules to it so it works.

I doubt roll would be used in those sorts of things but rather;

During research,  you test two samples reaction. Roll. Above 50 and results are good. Below 50 and results are bad, and you have to redo them.

During an event, you chant some scriptures you know in Hope's of something happening. 

Roll to see if you're gonna kill someone or not

Roll to see what your next task should be

Roll to see if your action succeeded or not

Etc etc

3 hours ago, Randy Walters said:

/roll is often used for things that are passive in RP, like research.  Interrogations wouldn't be used for it, as theyd have to comply under fearRP.

20 minutes ago, Ivanskov | CSFreeloot.com said:

You don't have /roll on RP server cause its a fucking RP server and not D&D campaign.

This is an RP server.  If you don't wish to RP, you can play DarkRP.  Don't know why you decided to comment something this idiotic instead of being a normal person like Randy and the other dude who agreed with him.

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

Honestly, big green +1.
I've tried a few times with things like "/me looks for an ID" and then immediately realized "Wait, I can't roll this, it's always just going to be them losing?"
With things like research, it's a godsend. I agree with the points Lorex made.

27 minutes ago, Ivanskov | CSFreeloot.com said:

You don't have /roll on RP server cause its a fucking RP server and not D&D campaign.

This is just retarded, D&D is literally roleplay. Besides, if I could roll perception checks on CI raids I would!

All in all I support /roll, and look forward to SMT's decision and/or guidelines. If it doesn't then not much is lost except I get to go "hehe" a bit.

19 minutes ago, Atomik said:

/roll is often used for things that are passive in RP, like research.  Interrogations wouldn't be used for it, as theyd have to comply under fearRP.

This is an RP server.  If you don't wish to RP, you can play DarkRP.  Don't know why you decided to comment something this idiotic instead of being a normal person like Randy and the other dude who agreed with him.

13 minutes ago, John Synergy said:

This is just retarded, D&D is literally roleplay. Besides, if I could roll perception checks on CI raids I would!

D&D Player here, dice rolling isn't Role Play and has nothing to do with the core RP in D&D. It's just a random mathematical gameplay mechanic used for combat/interaction to make the game fun and fair. Just because you use it to determine the outcome imagined RP actions in a semi random fair manner instead of the DM just telling you that you failed/succeded (which is something you don't need to do on a GMod server) doesn't make it roleplay.

How about instead of taking the dice rolling mechanic from D&D you take the personal character depth, world building and meaningful RP interactions from it instead.