Mark Kuntson

Suit models for civilians

Add suit models with different suits and differet head models to the civilian job. It takes pretty much no time and does not expand the server contect pack and therefore the download time. 

Suit models for civilians can enable some RP to be a bit better and immersive. Stuff like funerals, restaurants, hotels and other similar things can be a little better with suits.

Edited by Mark Kuntson

Poop

Neutral

Depends on currently used PM.

We used to have this issue when a lot of jobs had similar models ( GOIs/ FA/ and so on )

Like a lot of jobs used suit models. You would literally have dunno MC&D, HoEA, GOC, sarkics for example in one area all in suits. Sure there is some benefit from that (Acts like some sort of meta-shield ). But It doesn't look pleasing I guess? Not to mention confusing for newer players ( enemy, ally, neutral all looking same is bit something )

Obviously I guess stuff changed on server so you wouldn't have that many suits running around, so maybe? Again depends on PM currently used.

5 minutes ago, Ivanskov | CSFreeloot.com said:

Neutral

Depends on currently used PM.

We used to have this issue when a lot of jobs had similar models ( GOIs/ FA/ and so on )

Like a lot of jobs used suit models. You would literally have dunno MC&D, HoEA, GOC, sarkics for example in one area all in suits. Sure there is some benefit from that (Acts like some sort of meta-shield ). But It doesn't look pleasing I guess? Not to mention confusing for newer players ( enemy, ally, neutral all looking same is bit something )

Obviously I guess stuff changed on server so you wouldn't have that many suits running around, so maybe? Again depends on PM currently used.

Suits are popular. Like I don't see an issue of like 3-4 jobs having suits. Prevents metagame?

Poop

8 hours ago, popbob said:

I agree with Krail, having all the civilians suited (because everyone will wear one) it is just going to make the server more chaotic, since now you never have a certainty is that person is an actual civilian or a GOI (at least 4 have them) that you are sniping, since both wear the same uniform.

RDM cases towards civilians would rise up, therefore turning theorically a passive-RP group in being constantly targeted, helping the already existant issue about surface being TDM. All of this just so that some people can wear a pointless suit to run a business which they can do without it.

Although it should be that way to prevent metagaming, it makes the server extremly confusing specialy for new players as mentioned before.

If you want to open a hotel, restaurant or so on, you dont need a suit to do so, as i said it is just a cosmetic that will not change the way you RP (same as PAC3).

The disavantages outcome the "beneficts" that a small percentage of the players base would use for usefull things.

I agree in the disadvantages,  but feel like I wish to further state the point that

If you are having difficulties identifying your target, you need to be closer to OOC'ly see their name so you know who it is.

It will make it harder to identify a sniper from across the map, and in return once you are up close to identify them you are more accessible to detain rather than shoot.

The only issues will happen when people won't bother properly identifying their targets. 

Another way to do the suggestion is making SMT more generous with the Pac 3 changes done on civs. 

But I agree with you bob . There are significant negative values, yet significant positive ones too

33 minutes ago, Johnwickisblak said:

I don't see why a civilian needs a suit model.

Bank Manager, Real Estate Agent, High end Restaurant, Jehovah's Witnesses, Buissness Man, Office Worker, Stock Broker, Politican, (Name of work) Employee, Butler, Private Investigator, Bodyguard, Security, Information Broker, (any special original idea job) etc

🙂

1 hour ago, Lorex Krato said:

But the same can be said about civilians can it not?

I mean yeah however, suit model is more used than civilians pm which will cause more issues. Site Advisor, DoEA, HoEA, FA, Disguised CI, GOC, MC&D salesman and civilians with suit model is more aids especially if all of them are in a huge group.

13 minutes ago, Lorex Krato said:

Bank Manager, Real Estate Agent, High end Restaurant, Jehovah's Witnesses, Buissness Man, Office Worker, Stock Broker, Politican, (Name of work) Employee, Butler, Private Investigator, Bodyguard, Security, Information Broker, (any special original idea job) etc

🙂

Wish that you would see more of that however, you most likely see this:
851952710_Skrmbild(1504).thumb.png.3c23ce6e90c6a2ec45db3ed293bdb21a.png

Edited by Kvisten

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

What we would need ideally would be actual Playermodels which are customizeable ( aka Bodygroups ), so you can uniquely identify people, for this to propperly work they would also need to be randomised on spawn.
Which would come at the cost of either Size [more files needed] or less unique models.

Also yes, you would see more RDM cases towards civs, but without context this means nothing, there are really not that many cases of RDM, so the staff team could more then handle this [most RDM cases seem to be MassRDM, which well this has no effect on].

The main issue really being, that since the Nametags have really limited range, you cannot uniquely identify people. Having the range of nametags makes sense, you wouldnt be able to identify a person from any distance just with your eye. This fails with scopes, as nothing compensates for the fact that you would be able to easier recognize a person from a larger distance.

So a propper way to actually fix this issue, would either be rethinking of how playermodels are used on the server, as in more generic playermodels, which can be customized and are so by default! Coming at the disadvantage of Less Intrestring/Unique Models or larger Server Content [Being very bad to gain new players].

Or Make it so that the Range of visable nametakes is realistic with a range where you could reasonable identify a person, and also compensates for scopes. This would be less ideal from an RP Sense, as would have stuff like [Description of XXXXX] again, but would be far more beginner friendly and potentialy eaisier to realize.

2 hours ago, Kvisten said:

Nah cba having 8 players with suit next to each other and someone says "kill the suit man because he did something".

In my oppion, this just highlights an actual issue with how the server currently works regarding this, yes this change would make it even worse ......... but we could also just fix the issue itself, and try to have a way to be able to actually unique identify people you saw, and not just either give vague descriptions, or say their name, which then becomes metagaming.

26 minutes ago, Lorex Krato said:

🙂

I have never once seen anyone do this, nor would they. I'm talking about how realistically they'll be used within the server, and chances are, it won't be used in a positive manner or used at all. 

chrome_7H3a7Ltrjc.png

-/+ neutral 

i don't how i feel everyone on surface is going to wear a suit and civ change jobs are very minge job...................talking about experience 

but i also like the idea but it will make surface RP a fuck fest , but will bring also more RP ideas 

Spoiler

it will make it look like  WG NRP  all civ wear suits at that server

Edited by Billy Glen