John Synergy

SynergyJohn's Staff Application - 24/02/21

Name: John Karpathakis

What country are you from?: Greece

How well do you speak and understand English?: Very well as it's my first language.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:213581846

In-Game name(s): John Synergy (and variations including the word Synergy).

Play Time. Must be atleast 3 days. No exceptions(SCP-RP): 5w, 2d, 1h, 30m

Are you a VIP/PlatVIP?: PlatVIP

Do you have a microphone?: Yes I do.

Do you have TeamSpeak ( Required )?: I do as well, and I use it quite a bit.

Why should we pick you? (250 word minimum): In short, I'm extremely active and dedicated. Over the time of lockdown, school, and holidays, I've been playing near consistently for 4+ hours a day, having a few break days in between or sometimes doing it the entire week. In my previous tenure as staff I gave fair punishments and it ended with only valid bans and warns.

To not continue referring to my previous tenure, I'm currently a Job Manager on the server as well as being nearly unhealthily dedicated to the community. I am constantly looking for places to assist and already do currently assist with some in-character interactions. While I do feel my demotion was partially unfair, I understand that and my conduct is far better now. Part of me being staff was also that helping of the members of the community, where I assist with any issues the playerbase had and currently still do. To sum it up, I feel I am helpful and dedicated enough to be accepted back onto the team. While I have lost my Foundation Administration positions, I still carry over that knowledge of the server dynamic from my time with them.

I've been staff on other servers and on this one and while I regret my actions leading to my demotion, I have learned from them in addition to knowing exactly what the wrong thing to do is. I am also ensuring that my entire servitude is not going to be toxic or mingy, and that I will uphold the same values I iterated in my previous application, only this time with more experience. This paragraph is near quoted from my previous application and there is not much else I can put here other than apologies, the reasons I listed for joining, and more apologies.

How long will you be able to play per day?: 4+ hours each day, maybe 7-12+ on holidays.

Any past experience as staff?: Administrator on SCP-RP, Head Admin on Imperium, Admin on Typhon.

Any previous warns/bans? If so why? (maximum of 15 warns, exceptions can be made.): 1 warning for AccidentalRDM due to a miscommunication in TS (Refer to screenshot below)

Do you know the basic ULX commands Yes/No: Yes I do up to the permissions given to Admins.

Do you know what SCP-RP is about? (not just job descriptions): Once again going to try and not completely plagiarize my own application, this time by adding things.

SCP-RP is a server based around the running of a site, not focusing solely on breaches like other servers or games. There are breaches that can occur, at which point there are relevant RP jobs that go and contain it. The Foundation is faced with challenges each day in the form of Groups of Interest, events that occur, and in addition to this, the surface in general provides another variable to the Foundation.
Surface.
There are Groups of Interest that work both with and against the Foundation and they must constantly be vigilant. Anomalies spawning on the surface can work both to the advantage and disadvantage of whoever finds them, and as such Field Agents and GOI members must be careful about which anomaly they leave.
The Groups of Interest present on the server all have different relations with each other, and as such all of them play a part in what the Foundation has to manage, or ignore. 
With the addition of Sarkics and UIU, this means that there will be more complicated relations and there will be relation triangles of sorts where "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", as well as new roleplay opportunities for all involved.
Groups of Interest missions.
There are currently 4 Groups of Interest on the server, those groups being: Unusual Incidents Unit, Marshall Carter and Dark Ltd, Sarkics (Adytum's Gate) and the Chaos Insurgency. With the common goals of the UIU and Foundation, they are not much of a problem as they leave each other alone for the most part (assumed currently at least), however the other two are actively sanctioned by the Foundation for their goals and their methodology for such. While RP may be present, these present more of a combat threat to the Foundation, hence their Mobilized Task Forces always having to stay sharp and respond to these threats.
With new groups added, this causes the missions of these GOI's to shift from only interacting with Foundation to having interactions with others on the surface, keeping the server as a universe, rather than orbiting the Foundation.
Events
Along with the running of the site and management of internal and external threats, new threats may present themselves in the form of events, causing disarray or unification in the Foundation. This all keeps the RP new and allows others to think about consequences of their actions, of ignoring something, or the prospect of dealing with it. These events may take the form of a Pro-Foundation entity wishing to help combat a larger threat, or an anomalously-aligned entity wishing death upon those who seek to contain it.
Foundation
The Foundation has developed its current rank structure on the server over a long while, and has become a streamlined machine in which every department and MTF unit plays a part.
The Foundation Administration is comprised of those who command both internal and external units in order to maintain both internal and external security to the Foundation. An example of this is the Head of External Affairs being tasked with dealing in cover-ups for the veil of secrecy on the surface.
The Task Forces have also become specialized, namely the fact that Nu-7 had undergone a WL and numbers buff, becoming a well-oiled combat unit fit for defending against the mass amount of enemies the Foundation has. B-7 and E-11 have the same jobs however E-11 is able to do covert missions on the surface. It's these little things that make up the nuances for the Foundation's everyday running without them being disadvantaged or underprepared.

Do you understand the rules of SCP-RP(1 word is not an answer).: Yes I do. A lot of the rules leave room for having a relaxed state rather than the intense SeriousRP of other servers, however it keeps the roleplay relatively decent by limiting minging. A good example of the rules is how FailRP and Meta-game are treated. Any and all information coming from a source you do not have access to is considered meta-game, and maliciously ruining the RP for others can be considered trolling or FailRP. I have always given what I felt to be the correct punishments for rules and I feel that it'll be no harder, as I still fully understand the changes to the rules that were made recently.
Many of the rules that are applied are common sense for an RP server, and as such (after more mingy events) it is more common knowledge to know what you can and can't do.

Here is the screenshot of my warnings and playtime

image.thumb.png.9abb65cbbce01a14440a86ffb3083372.pngimage.png.47dd7025b565d1659f78ba6945755080.pngimage.thumb.png.37a6d000c3399e29c29ded628055ce25.png

+1 without even needing to think about it

Haven't got a bad word to say about any interaction I've had with you both in and out of game. Always polite and helpful, and is extremely knowledgeable about every aspect of the server, from the "surface level" stuff (such as more obscure rules/mechanics) to the more technical stuff such as the toolgun and building.

Edited by Sean Rowland
Accidentally fat-fingered the full stop at the end into 3x full stops

dear synergy, you got demoted from staff  for abuse you were good part of the staff team but i think you should show that you learned from you mistake and actual trustworthy in Xunts eyes, thats why i will be give a Neu/

Good luck. 

Edited by Hurt Blecha

Vogt of KC 😎
 ex-KC  Voivode ex-NSDAP Gaustabsamt Stellenleiter ex-FJ OberJager & Fuel man too !!EX-Unteroffizer 2xEX-swiss embassy SpokespersonEX-elite 1.ss shutze (very elite hyperborean warrior)EX-Orpo unterwachmeitser