Fixer

Fix the ERP rule

I personally feel like this has been a long time coming and should have been brought up earlier. I personally believe ERP should be banned and that should have never changed. After hearing about a certain "Henry" character for me it was the final straw. Xunt himself brought up a good point regarding this as well. "a server primarily played by children". Does ERP really have a place on a server like this? As far as I am concerned it contributes nothing to actual roleplay, leads to awkward and uncomfortable situations and degenerative actions. Like flirtation is one thing but is there really a necessity to take it further than that? 

ehm......

i agree with this point here, ERP is just eh i dont see why people really do it, but what this induvial "henry" *cough**cough*  lor *cough*  ex 

i can see why he is doing ERP as his character has a mission to have ehm a thing to do, but it should not be free to do and have to have a real "RP" reason.

80% of this server is under 18

+1 

Edited by Billy Glen

Neutral on this

The Henry example was due to the nature of the SCP universe and especially sarkic lore and it was genuinely for RP

However ERP goes too far and too uncomfortable in most cases and most of the playerbase being underage doesn't make things any better. ERP should not be "strictly forbidden" like it is on NaziRP but the staff members are more than capable of deciding what is too obscene

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

+1 You said it all.

But for those who don't know Lorex tried to change his ??? character to a succubus which was Henrys sister.

While yes it wasn't just mindless ERP like some do it was still ERP and likely around children.

ERP doesn't need or should have a place on this server.

Edit: I'd also say with the younger player base it could easily have room younger people to be taken advantage of. (For example Dani Rick was just any old kid messing around on the server. But he was thrust into situations and groups of people saying things a 10 year old shouldn't hear. Lots of members took advantage of Dani just for a laugh and I think this although unlikely could happen with other vulnerable children.)

Edited by Nathan Kennedy
On holiday

I am here to launder money

Neutra/Leaning towads +1

ERP can create a lot of mingy situations and looking at the SCP Universe, full of misteries or carnage I don't think it has the place in the server. 

I think that it should be just restricted or Staff just needs to punish people for going over the top.

TLDR ERP is not horrible, but it can lead to mingy situation and overall "degeneracy"

Poop

haha so true fixer +1

But yeah, ERP can lead to a lot of mingery and just downright retarded situations.

My opinion is that some romance should be allowed although very sparingly but full on ERP should just be restricted as this is a server that is played by a lot of kids and they don't need to see or even hear about that kind of stuff, especially the much younger ones.

*wetchop moment*

just punch through his fucking head

I wanted to add to the "Henry" part. I know how sarkite lore  can be for example. It can be very perverse at times and yes it makes sense for some ERP to occur with them lets say. But I don't believe the playerbase is mature enough for this content at the current moment or if it ever will be. I don't even mean this in the sense that there are underaged individuals on the server. I mean this from a roleplay perspective. Roleplay currently is weaker then it has ever been and I don't think I am wrong when I say that. That said I don't think we can even handle the concept of ERP seriously. It mostly will just be distasteful. Maybe if generally the roleplay was better than it is now then I would agree that restricted ERP could be considered to open more roleplay possibilities for those willing to experiment with that kind of approach. But at this current moment most of the playerbase struggles with the basics even. Sure things have been getting better to some extent but I don't think we have reached that point yet. Maybe Lorex did it right maybe he didn't each has their opinion regarding that matter. But Lorex unlike most of the playerbase has been around for a long time and is naturally more experienced so even if he did it right in your opinion most of the server won't. 

Maybe it's just me but I just personally preferred how it was before. Besides the line can be blurry with what is ''acceptable'' and what isn't. I mean there are some obvious things which are unacceptable but not everything is black and white.

but but sex

in all seriousness every time ERP comes up its the most mingy stuff ever. When ERP was initially allowed I was a big supporter because I thought it could lead to some interesting scenarios but holy frick was I wrong. +1

Had a bunch of WL but the cool ones are that I currently have.

Marshall, Carter and Dark Salesmen (Current manager)

Alpha-1 Commander

O5-8 "The Gangster"

Director of the Department of External Affairs

ERP is vague

Rape is the limit of ERP.

But when the rule was made, it was more pointed towards kisses on chins and ass grabbing.  Not female alien having raw sex with a Male.

Maybe a better described rule of ERP would suffice. By specifically mentioning where the ERP is allowed and not to would help.

And I am amazed Henry of all my characters have gotten so well known in just a few days while my other Wildfire character who was around for like 11 weeks still isn't fully known. 

That means ERP is such a foreign RP concept that word spread like wildfires.

Just as a note, my characters aren't "prostitutes" but rather exploring the RP of ERP and seeing if it's possible to combine it with regular RP. 

Fix ERP? Sure, +1 .

Protect the innocents!

I think a minor possible amendment/clarification to the rule should be that.

"You may refer to Erotic Scenes in passing, however not perform Erotic acts publicly/large groups/actual kids"

Most of the actual proper use of "ERP" on the server (which is non-existent on the server by my standards) is that is referred to in conversation. Such as "She went down him last night, uwu".

If an actual sexual scene was acted out.  It would be pretty awkward for the participants resulting in laughter, cringe and not actually getting into the mood.   

However there is an edge case of if an Event Planner (by some miracle) can justify ERP in a public setting. Then the current rule of "don't abuse it" is a good catch-all.

I mean you're ERPing on a Gmod server. You could literally google better alternatives

Edited by Avery Winters

uwu

I agree with a ban (fix) on ERP. Never liked when the rule was amended to allow it, still don't. Not just because the act of ERP is ultimately degenerate, and utterly virgin. The community is populated by a shitload of minors, and while yes, minors tend to browse less than acceptable sites to satiate their needs, that's not within our control. This however, is. It's not a great image, it's the same reason we ban folks who are underage from the NSFW Discord chats.

Secondly, ERP doesn't really bring any RP to the table, prior to this "Henry" BS, I've never seen any kind of >>>substantial<<< roleplay with elements of eroticism in it, it mostly just ends up being /me fucks man /me thrust /do cum.

++1

🇺🇸 Riley Windrunner 🇺🇸

SCP-RP Staff Manager

Ex:

Lead of A-1

O5-6 "The American"

12 hours ago, Lorex Krato said:

Just as a note, my characters aren't "prostitutes" but rather exploring the RP of ERP and seeing if it's possible to combine it with regular RP. 

Fix ERP? Sure, +1 .

Protect the innocents!

Character Name: Scarlet
Alliances: N/A
Job Name: Succubus
Ability: /enablerespawn, That stuff Norra Worked on
Weapon: That stuff Norra worked on (Will be a Passive RP Character like Henry)
Description: As Henry's Sister, Scarlet has finally been made in the mortal realm. Wishing to see pleasures of the flesh, she wishes to enact in sexual pleasure and other pleasanties with mortals. She brings vast knowlegde to the world, and only wishes for sexual favours in return.
(ERP, my character brings lots of ERP, and its quite funny)
Pro Foundation: No (But until the Norra stuff is on the server, will use keycard to open doors)

I'm banning you if you cannot see the issue with having RP Sex with and around minors, I'd also like to add that you did not mention anywhere in this ''Henry'' character change that it was an ERP based character.

As for the suggestion;

Accepted

Rule 1.8.1. has been updated.