Nook

Luke's Staff Application

Name: Luke N  

What country are you from?: United Kingdom  

How well do you speak and understand English?: Very well.  

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:524530320 

In-Game name(s): Dr T Nook / Luke Ocasio  

Play Time. Must be at least 3 days. :  2 weeks, 5 days, 6 hours (and climbing!)

Are you a VIP/GoldVIP?: Platinum VIP  

Do you have a microphone?: Yes  

Do you have TeamSpeak? (Required): Yes, I have used it for Nu-7 and ECM / other Foundation Administration.  

Why should we pick you? (250 word minimum):  

I am a hard working, optimistic and friendly individual who strives for a good experience for people. I am an excellent team player, and enjoy working alongside individuals for a common goal, especially members of the SCP-RP community. I have an in-depth knowledge of the rules and the legal codex, so I would be just and knowledgeable when evaluating potential wrongdoing. I believe I have a positive reputation in the community, and have made many close friends within the SCP-RP community.  

All of this being said, I would say my best attribute is my optimistic work ethic; I approach things in a positive direction, in a direct manner. I believe this makes me an effective problem solver, and effective when it comes to interacting with others.  

Therefore, I believe I would make a good addition to the Staff Team. I thoroughly enjoy helping people, and I believe a position as staff would give me an opportunity to do so.  I have a deep understanding of the community and it’s needs in general, and I believe my integration into the staff team would be fluid. I have staffed for other servers in the past, and have thoroughly enjoyed the time that I spent doing so. I believe I am professional and approachable, as displayed throughout my time in the community, which would be fitting for someone in the staff team.

I am extremely polite and non-confrontational when it comes to problematic situations, which allows for me to adopt a level-headed and effective attitude when dealing with issues that may arise within the community. There have been some situations where I have been playing as HR or SD where staff have not been online, and I have resolved heated situation that would usually require staff support, and I simply want to be a person that the community can turn to for help, advice, guidance etc. My knowledge of ULX commands would mean operating as staff would be effective and would aid in situations that require them (see more below)  

I believe that through my position in administrative positions, I have demonstrated maturity, professionalism and patience within my respective roles. When I am a head of department, I am determined to create a better experience for all those on the site, and as staff, I could extend that will to the server, which would make me grateful to have such an ability. When staff maintain a level of order, it ensures that members of the SCP-RP community have fun, and are able to experience SCP-RP to its full intention. It would be an honour to be part of a team that ensures that. Even if this application isn’t successful, I will continue to make roleplay in the community enjoyable and inclusive. 

How long will you be able to play per day: At least 3+ hours daily. Though I may not be able to staff some days due to papers/ exams (which I will inform other staff members prior to, as to avoid any inconvenience!).  

Any past experience as staff?:  Yes (though limited)  

I have been in positions of administration in various Discord communities.  

(though it has been a while) I staffed a German DarkRP server in 2018 for a while before the server was abandoned.  

I have thoroughly missed being in a position to help others in this context, it would be wonderful to get to do it again.  

Any previous warns/bans? If so why? (maximum of 15 warns, exceptions can be made.): No warns, no bans. 

Do you know the basic ULX commands?: Yes, and I will give a few examples:  

!goto [Player] Teleports to whoever is named. 

!warns [Player] Views the warn menu of a player (to check or add warns to their profile)  

!return Teleports you to your original location (before !goto was performed)   

!mute [Steam ID] Prevents the player from talking in text-based channels in the server. (time can be set) 

!ban [Player] [Duration] [Message (usually reason for ban)] !xban brings up a pop-up menu for bans.  

!freeze [Player/ @] Stops all movement of the selected player.  

!kick [Steam ID] [Reason] To forcefully remove a player from the server.  

!noclip Grants the user the ability to pass through walls and fly 

!cloak / !uncloak Hides the user’s player model  

Do you know what SCP-RP is about? (not just job descriptions):  

SCP-RP revolves around the idea that the SCP Foundation exists; the SCP Foundation is a fictional organisation that revolves around the containment of anomalies worldwide. SCP-RP on W-G situates Site 19 under “Ovis City”, and allows players to assume the role of the Site’s variety of personnel. Therefore, SCP-RP is different for everyone; it is a unique experience for the players depending on their role: a Security Guard might defend the site from security threats, a researcher can discover exciting new things about SCPs on the site, an SCP can wreck havoc on the site, and an E-11 Unit can recontain it. I have invested a significant amount of time into each role in the server, and have gained a rounded, informed and broad understanding of the roles in the server and how they operate.  
I thus understand the hierarchy within the server, clearance levels, zones and have a high knowledge of the site, and what is considered out of bounds / unordinary for certain roles.  Furthermore, I understand the relationships between the Foundation and GOIs and their flexible nature, so I am in-tune with their relations, checking constantly for any alterations. I feel I have spent an adequate amount of time on the server to comprehend the full operations of the Site / server, and all of the classes within. 

Do you understand the rules of SCP-RP (1 word is not an answer).: Thoroughly, yes. Throughout my time as administrative positions, I have had to refer to the legal codex multiple times. As for OOC rules, I also deeply understand them, and have referred to them on multiple occasions regarding certain wrongdoings of other players in the past. I have even fully reviewed the rules for each individual GOI and SCP, so I have a full understanding of the SCP-RP rules. The most common rules that are disobeyed are:  

FailRP: A player commits action(s) that would not actually occur in character. For example: A Field Agent going rogue and assisting a GOI.  

RDM: Known as Random Deathmatch, when a player kills another player for no reason.  

Metagaming: Utilising out of character (OOC) information in character (IC). For example: recognising certain uniforms (such as red goggles or hockey masks) as hostile, despite not seeing evidence of this.  

FearRP: When under restraint, and a lethal weapon pointed at the player, you must roleplay that you are under fear of your own life. Thus, you must follow orders you are given whilst cuffed (to an extent). 

LTAP / LTARP: Leave to avoid punishment / roleplay. When an individual leaves the game to avoid a (usually negative) roleplay situation, or a punishment for something they have done.  

Thank you very much for reading! 

-Luke 

-PS: please let me know if there are any formatting issues, so I can fix them asap! thank you ❤️

+1
Knowledge of ULX
Actual addict of Werwolf Gaming SCP-RP #1 Pac3 Self-Breach (was tempted to make this part a -1, don't burn out you monke)
Past experiences with staff
Friendly as fuck

+1

amazing guy

has a functioning brain

Had a bunch of WL but the cool ones are that I currently have.

Marshall, Carter and Dark Salesmen (Current manager)

Alpha-1 Commander

O5-8 "The Gangster"

Director of the Department of External Affairs

+1

I like your app - would like to see you on the team 

Ace x

Ace Rews 

Current Ranks:

Scp - Executive Administrator 

Scp - Lead Discord Support

Scp - Group Manager

Head Of External Affairs - HOEA