Negative Neggiekins

Adding SCP Swep Descriptions to Rules

What are you suggesting? - Adding SCPS Primary/Secondary Swep descriptions to the rules

How would this change better the server? - One of the bigger issues I've noticed is a lot of SCP have SWEPS that have primaries and secondaries that are, often not explained. 682 for examples secondary blinds people (useless by the way) but barely anyone could tell me what it did originally when I asked as theres no description anywhere. Adding short descriptions for each SCP for what their Primary/Secondaries do in their sweps will make it easier for newer players to know what they do.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None. Its just adding some swep descriptions to the rules.

6 hours ago, Fayne™ said:

or just add them in the swep description themselves like other sweps do

Yea that should just be done, I have no clue why the Devs of the SWEPs just didn't add any Description at all [also its like in every template for SWEPs, so no excuse of not being a good enougth dev, just lazyness]

Denied.

While yes, a good idea to actually add descriptions, the only issue is how the SWEPs are made.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, Maurice D Biggs said:

Yea that should just be done, I have no clue why the Devs of the SWEPs just didn't add any Description at all [also its like in every template for SWEPs, so no excuse of not being a good enougth dev, just lazyness]

Vortix made his SWEPs through Lua server scripts. Meaning in one file, he had it where the SWEPs were defined (how they are made normally) but it acts as a template. Then in another file, they actually register what the SWEP’s name/features do. Even Harland was kinda surprised to know how these work, but it makes sense for Lua code.

1929295191_harlendsellsme.png.c60a33628d57a1cc80398074f90ad4ca.png