Ginge_Plays

Ginge's Staff Application

In-game name(s):

CT LT Ginge (Jin, Jenk and Jonk for Other Characters)

Steam Name:

Ginge_Plays

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/):

STEAM_0:1:229107023

Age when applying:

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone:

Englad

Can you speak and type English fluently:

Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time):

1 week 2 days 1 hour 06min (spread over the course of a few months)

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on SW-RP:

CT LT - Platinum VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak:

Yes - I speak primarily

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since:

I originally joined the server in 2015, Took a long break due to personal reasons and rejoined at the turn of 2021

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, SW-RP Discord and our forums:

Whenever I am online

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen):

I have received no punishments or warns    https://imgur.com/a/1sizgfa

State the role of staff on the server:

The role of the staff on the server is to maintain order, making sure people follow the rules, keep out the people who try to ruin the fun for others, whilst being fair about each situation

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?

Yes

List of all previous server staff experience:

No Previous Experience

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:

Yes

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones:

I would get the alleged clone in a staff sit, along with those who witnessed him/her killing clones. From there I would get the full story and decide the correct punishment

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function:

If no one comes to be trained after a while, I will choose an NCO+ to train them by tping them to me,  and asking to see if they are available. If no one is, I will become my normal role and train the cadets myself

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon:

I would make sure that the incident was indeed an accident. I know from experience that some people do misclick whilst safetying their weapons, so I would be lenient with this situation and leave it to CG

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT:

This situation doesn't need any staff powers, I would simply go back to the CT and remind them of the saluting rules with regards to rank and then let them keep going on the server

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules:

FailRP is still FailRP, even if it isn't listed in the server rules explicitly. I would administer a warning for FailRP, despite their protest and claims, as that rule requires some common sense, and by claiming that it isn't stated in the rules as failRP, it tells me that this person is keen to try and find any loopholes they can to exploit

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing:

I would explain to them the reasons for the punishment. If this person decides to continue arguing about punishments, I would bring in a more experienced staff member to help explain everything. If worst comes to worst and their arguments turn to disrespecting the staff, I will administer further punishment

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

I deserve to be a staff member on the server because I have a serious respect for this community and its rules. I have been a member for many years, and consider myself a member even during my long break. I have always enjoyed coming on to the server and playing with the others, and have a serious respect for the staff for being able to maintain control with such a large playerbase. Having received no warns or bans at all, I feel that I would be more than capable of making sure the rules are followed, since I have a great grasping of the server rules. Furthermore, I already have a great deal of experience when it comes to enforcing rules, as before I took my long break from the server, I served as the Temp VC for the CG, under Commander Max, who has since left the server. I am used to dealing with rule breakers, and would be able to simply apply what I know from serving in that regiment and use it on a much bigger scale as a member of the Star Wars RP Staff team. Finally, I have a level of dedication that few people have. This is mainly down to my personality, as when I find something that I am passionate about or that I enjoy a lot, I put more time and effort into it. I do have some commitments outside of the server (University being the biggest), but I see no reason that they cannot coexist, so long as I don't burnout trying to do everything. Thanks for your time

Requirements:

- You must be 14 years in age or older.

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly.

- You must have at least fourteen (14) days of play time.

- You must be an active member of the community on Discord / TS.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply.

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not just copy-paste a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

- If you are denied, you must wait a minimum 4 weeks before applying again.

My guy, you're amazing and a great person but you don't meet the minimum time nor does this application have full detail. 

A few mistakes I picked out from that;

1. You don't have enough playtime

2. You spelt England wrong.

3. You added the minimums onto the application.

4. You've got 0 past experience.

5. "Yes - I speak primarily." This sentence doesn't really work. It would make more sense for you to say "Yes, I speak it fluently."

6. Seems rushed and unproperly written.

I'm sorry ginge, you're a great guy and a great friend but I just can't give the +1 for this one.

19 hours ago, Doot said:

My guy, you're amazing and a great person but you don't meet the minimum time nor does this application have full detail. 

A few mistakes I picked out from that;

1. You don't have enough playtime

2. You spelt England wrong.

3. You added the minimums onto the application.

4. You've got 0 past experience.

5. "Yes - I speak primarily." This sentence doesn't really work. It would make more sense for you to say "Yes, I speak it fluently."

6. Seems rushed and unproperly written.

I'm sorry ginge, you're a great guy and a great friend but I just can't give the +1 for this one.

Fair. It was late when I was writing so tiredness got the better of me with some of these sentences.

Your a sound guy and your quite mature, but unfortunatley i dont think staff is the right option atm. Your playtime is extremely low, and also you are a quite low rank. I recommend going for ARC or battalion once you get SO to get yourself known, and then try again. Best of luck mate!

Spoiler

old ranks

gm colonel

21st colonel

Birmingham City GIF - Birmingham City Martins GIFs

- Low playtime

- Low rank + hasnt shown dedication by reaching a high rank before

- OK application

- I would up your playtime and just rank up for a bit which will greatly imrpove your chances but good luck man.

Current Ranks

🐸

On 4/28/2021 at 2:21 AM, Ginge_Plays said:

1 week 2 days 1 hour 06min (spread over the course of a few months)

You need at least 14 days of play time to become staff

Best of luck with your application!