Edward Balls

Edward Drake - O5 Application

Your in-Game Name: Edward Drake / Edward Balls

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:140056176

Your Age: 17

Your In-Game Playtime: 1 week, 4 days

Your Warns: 1 - Failing to comply with staff

Rate Your RP Skills: 8 but with more experience, I believe this can be improved. I’m always try to get better to create a better experience for not just myself but also those around me.

What O5 Designation would you prefer (1-12) and what character?: 

O5-11

“Candide”  

Named after the protagonist from Voltaire’s novel of the same name.

Or “The Artisan” 

Male. European/Middle Eastern descent. Western European origin. Suspected to be around 130 years old. Appears around 70 years old. Favours white suits, usually worn with an overcoat.   

Known for his relentless optimism and being easy to talk to. Often interacting with many different personnel. This optimism can often be seen as a sign of naivety. However, this is not the case.

O5-5 is interested in the weaponization of anomalous objects, going as far as to spearhead dozens of projects regarding this. 

For example, the usage of SCP-3664 by MTF Omega-0 (“Ará Orún”). 

Also, played a large role in the creation of MTF Omega-7 (“Pandora’s Box”)

Have you read and understand the rules of SCP-RP?: Yes 

Why do you believe you should be part of the O5 Council and what can you bring to the role e.g (Pressure in extreme situations, making the tough decisions):

I believe that my induction into the council will provide many things that will benefit the foundation. The first being my character's optimism, something that I see as being a rarity in the site. Usually filled with pessimistic and negative personnel I see “Candide” as an opportunity to change this, increasing both morale and therefore effectiveness. Bringing a hint that I also wish to improve the research department more and focus on more projects. Such as the “Project Red Sparks”. 

Not only this but my time in ??? and as my character “Pavel” allowed me to better understand the way to lead. Showing me the amount of coordination and authority you need to make a group functional. While I believe “Cicero” has allowed and will continue to allow me to improve on my smaller scale RP. I see myself as friendly and approachable and wish to make a good impact on the council, creating more fun RP for not just myself and the council but others who might not usually get involved.

Can you explain what an O5 does for the foundation and the site itself and why he himself differs from any other site Administration?:

The O5 Council is unlike any other role in the foundation. They vote and decide on critical decisions whether it be external issues like GOIs or internal affairs like an out of control researcher. However, with this great amount of authority also comes an equally large amount if not more responsibility. This responsibility is what makes O5 so different, because a failure to live up to their authority could have a catastrophic result.

The Council's jurisdiction also extends over all sites, not just their own. Which is the case with SDs.

Unlike SDs, a Council member stretches to all foundations resources and even its most valuable assets. Their differences also arise from the Council’s level of secrecy and the fact it even has its own MTF, it being Alpha-1. They oversee the actions of the Site Administration and make sure to uphold the Foundation’s main objective, secure, contain, protect

What is the O5 Council?: 

The O5 Council are 12-13 overseers who maintain the direction of the Foundation and vote on critical decisions which will often seriously affect the Foundation in one way or another. Such as, GOI relations, the altering in foundation rules, the cancelling of projects or the altering of classifications. They do this through a democratic vote with O5-13 usually being seen as the deciding vote. Every Council member identity is held with the utmost secrecy and anyone below Clearance 2 is not know of their existence. Also being able to detonate the warheads on sites. They are there to uphold and retain the principles of the Foundation for not just themselves but also every personnel. To secure, contain, protect, so they can keep humanity safe.

Are you currently head of a department (Job Manager), general staff in Nu-7 or a Site Director?: No and I understand this is a big problem.

What Department would you like to focus on? (Research, Mobile Task Forces, Ethics,...): Kind of a mix between Research and Engineering. But, I’m happy with anything.

Edited by Edward Drake

DENIED

The Council has voted against you in becoming an O5 on this council, please try again next time

5BcH6li.gif
Present SCP Ranks:
SCP Developer

SCP Ranks Past
SCP Manager
SCP Head Admin
SCP-Head Moderator             
SCP-096 Co-Manager
Onerioi Collective
Echo-14
Ethics Committee Manager
Chaos Insurgency Delta Manager