ewf121

The Chicago Spirit

The Chicago Spirit

_scp__the_chicago_spirit_by_mingomongo_dcf0w9l.png.344f0b5beafd2075a344c8d0a5b6e28d.png

Spoiler

In 1873, Chappell immigrated to Chicago with his parents at the age of two. The first record of his anomalous capabilities was an incident in which a passerby witnessed Chappell — then 11 years old — anomalously exsanguinating a rival newspaper boy. The boy's body was recovered from the Chicago River the following day, but the local police did not pursue the case. Chappell would, in later years, claim that the boy's death had been an accident.

In its original incarnation, the Chicago Spirit was a legitimate business. Founded in 1893 and located on Chicago's South Side, the Spirit operated as a typical bar, providing patrons with alcoholic beverages and occasionally offering live musical entertainment. After two years of making little revenue, Chappell had the idea to start a second line of business on the Chicago Spirit's second floor: a secretive trade of "unnatural novelties". During the subsequent years, Chappell sold over 600 anomalous artifacts to buyers in Chicago and outlying areas. Many of these objects are believed to been created by Chappell himself.

This new venture quickly attracted a number of wealthy collectors and prestigious members of Chicago's elite, which in turn had the added benefit of greatly bolstering the popularity of the establishment downstairs. Still, Chappell remained largely secretive about his anomalies, adamantly refusing to acknowledge the anomalous side of his business in public and never utilizing his reality-bending capabilities in the company of others.

As the Spirit prospered and grew, Chappell expanded his practice to include criminal activities such as extortion, planned robberies, and attacks on rivaling business owners. By 1899, approximately 410 men were working under Chappell. It was around this time that locals began to refer to Chappell's organization as the Chicago Spirit, taken from the name of the bar that served as the group's headquarters.

Most of the Spirit's membership was comprised of common thugs and petty thieves, but the group's leadership mainly consisted of men who possessed abilities similar to those of Chappell himself. According to local tradition, Chappell routinely walked through the streets of Chicago, striking up conversations with people he encountered and employing those he found to have preternatural skills. Among these individuals were Charles Derringer (SCP-032-ARC), Garth "Wheels" Cartwright (SCP-039-ARC), and Julius "Sawteeth" McGallan (uncontained, presumed neutralized).

By 1900, Chappell had firmly established himself in Chicago's criminal underworld as a charismatic and ruthless leader. As the Spirit increased in size and scope, more anomalous objects were used in routine operations. Very few of these anomalies were contained during the group's active years, due to the Foundation's limited resources during this period. For the most part, the Chicago Spirit acted independently from other criminal organizations, although the groups were known to occasionally interact with varying degrees of hostility. A notable exception was the famed Chicago Outfit leader Al Capone, who strictly forbade any form of interaction with the Spirit, stating that he "wouldn't have anything to do with those [men]." This stance was presumably influenced by previous Outfit leader Johnny Torrio's disastrous attempted raid on the Chicago Spirit's original building in 1919, which Capone witnessed.

The group continued to strengthen and grow throughout the 1920s, aided by the extra revenue generated by the Spirit's expanding number of speakeasies and similar establishments made possible (and profitable) by the ban of alcoholic beverages under the Volstead Act. Records indicate that from 1921 to 1933, the Chicago Spirit was the largest anomalous crime syndicate in the western hemisphere.

Despite the Chicago Spirit's seemingly immense power and prosperity, the Foundation's O5 command approved a raid on Chappell's home, citing intelligence reports that claimed his anomalous capabilities had weakened. The raid proved successful: Chappell was captured and placed into containment, along with 155 SCP objects pulled from his personal collection. After the capture of their leader, the Spirit's members soon disbanded and were recruited by other syndicates. The few who remained faithful to the Spirit and the resources they possessed were eventually acquired by Marshall, Carter & Dark in 1938.

Spoiler

Rules

1. Try to maintain trade relations with most GOIs and Foundation to retain constant income.

2. Do not overprice weapons, try to keep them under 10x entity cost ratio. Guns exempt from this are the ones with tiny base prices(entity price 10k or below), keep those under 200k mark.

3. Refrain from involving yourself in raids or hostile actions as a salesman, get your employees to do it for you if your services are bought.

4. Supplying Foundation (OOC and IC) should be kept to a minimum.

5. Do not use inappropriate words as your name.

6. You are allowed to self supply, however under no circumstance do you supply weapons if you are cuffed or kidnapped.

7. You are allowed to request ID from customers however its entirely optional.

8. If you believe someone is metagaming to find out your affiliation you are free to detain them and interrogate them, never disclose you're part of TCS unless its extremely important.

9. Specific rules can be bent to a degree depending on situation.

10. You are allowed to use PACs to spice up your looks, but if its excessive it's up to staff to evaluate if its appropriate.

11. Do not supply Class Ds with weapons inside Foundation.

12. Anomaly Scanner Jammer is exempt from 10x price rule and you can use your own judgement.

13. The club is the only base you are permitted to set up and use, under no circumstance you are to base anywhere else.

14. The club is your base of operations, try to contain all your monetary and weapon/drug transactions there.

15. Do not supply actual anomalies from foundation.

16. Ammo kits are to be sold in the club and consumed in the club, no carry outs unless a special circumstance warrants it. Min Sales Price is 200k.

Spoiler

Application Template

Common Roleplay name:

Steam Name:

Discord Name:

SteamID:

Your Current Warns(15 warn limit, take screenshot):

Your Current Playtime(1 week minimum):

Tell us your back story:

Why do you want to join the Chicago Spirit?:

What is the Chicago Spirit?:

Explain what the jobs in the Chicago Spirit do (Associate, Made Man, Capo, Don):

What is the purpose of the Chicago Spirit?:

Do you understand the rules of the Chicago Spirit and if you seen breaking one of those you are out?:

Give me an example on how will you advertise that you sell drugs/weapons:

Why should I choose you for this job?

If your application isn't responded within a week please contact me or fors. The application needs to be detailed enough for like 150 words each important question.

Common Roleplay name:

A: Hannibal Lectuce

Steam Name:

A: location

Discord Name:

A: westend#2794 

SteamID:

A: STEAM_0:0:108381801

A: Zero  

A: 3w

A: Platinum VIP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell us your back story:

Back story is going take place in the very active and dominant years of "The Chicago Spirit" 

Vito Corlotte, youngest son of the infamous Italian mafia boss Alessandro Corletto, was born in 1890 in Sicilia, Old Country (Italia). Corletto familia was in the utmost tier of the people, living in luxury and happiness. All the happiness was brought into reality with a dirty price; Alessandro, godfather of the century old mafia, was one of the most ruthless, criminally genius and foreseeing bosses in Italy, maybe the whole world. His reputation was known in a nearby town to the farthest bits of Europe. He killed everyone who stood in his way regardless of the importance, he was a man of no limits and he didn't pay for his sins for a long time. 

Due to his exceptional vision, he foresaw that Europe was going to crumble soon enough, therefore, he decided to start operating in America. He left five of his sons and three of his daughters and many men whom are the definition of loyalty in Italy to proceed with his operations in Europe. Love of his life died while giving birth to Vito. Unlike many husbands, he didn't accuse his son of the death of his wife but he prayed and thanked god everyday for sending his darling to heaven soon and giving Vito as a gift to him. He was clearly a different man, a man that defied the rules of men and universe. If people enslaved black people, he would free them. If people treated women badly, he would treat them like queens. 

He quickly became the most powerful mafia in Chicago. You may ask "Why Chicago?", because Alessandro said, "New York is for men with no vision, this place is for rats and rats only. Chicago is the city of architecture and I will be the new architecture of the new world." Everything in North East belonged to him, everyone was intimated of him. Some say he could kill a man with a glance into their eyes... I believe them because Alessandro's guard was his emotional expressions. 

I almost forgot, not everything belonged to him in Chicago. Alessandro respected the founder of "The Chicago Spirit", Chappell, the only person in the goddamn world that impressed Alessandro Corlotte. 

Now, since we are finished with Alessandro's perspective let's continue with Vito.

Vito was a gift, word for word. He was the second person that impressed Alessandro and the only person that Alessandro admired. His vision was so broad and stark, some believed he was a prophet. Like his dad, Vito believed in growth, therefore, he would demand for power and get the power until he is rewarded like his dad with a gift. Interested in marketing and psychology, he skipped high school due to his unique intellect and help from his father's sources then headed to Harvard University. As result of pure hard-work, sheer will and absolute dedication, he graduated in 2 years from two different majors. However, his father and Vito had known his destiny was never to become a businessman or a psychologist, he came on Earth as a godfather. 

Young Corletto has always respected the martial arts and the underrated anatomy of humankind, therefore, he trained day and night to become a superhuman but didn't even got close to his final state. The dissatisfied teen travelled everywhere from South America to Africa to Asia for his martial arts training and left everyone stunned. His genes were a gift from God, his own father even kneeled to him -- the man that wanted to own the world -- even the most respected sensei and his disciples kneeled to him with all-out respect. 

The years when his father actively started to hang out with Chappell, (after Vito's college years - Age 17/18) he investigated everything within the organization and their full strength. Despite he knew the group was poor in terms of structure, the product, the real shit they did could not be done by anyone in the world. He respected that and decided to benefit from that. By recruiting the most qualified bio scientists including Gregor Mendel's most trusted students and with the anomalous products of "The Chicago Spirit", he turned himself to a beast. A beast with no leash, just like his father; it seemed like his father and him was the same person, same soul, same harmony, living different lives with different bodies but with the same minds. 

When his father died due to blood infection, part of his soul was lost too but never his strength. He prayed to god and asked him to keep his family happy up in heaven. Then, he proceeded to run the business, surpassed his father and made himself a name that wasn't forgotten by anyone. He tremendously helped "The Chicago Spirit", almost avoided their downfall too but he was a wolf and wolves ultimately cared only for their only species. Nevertheless, he never forgot what Chappell did for him though. 

Vito had a big family, still running strong and powerful today, filled with strong men and women. Soon enough, in late 1910s, "The Chicago Spirit" became apart of himself and his family. This is where his real journey starts, in Richard Davis Chappell's "The Chicago Spirit".

If I am required to do a story where the timeline is 1990+, I can do it upon request.

As it can be inferred from the extensive back story I wrote, I am excited and interested to hopefully become apart of this group. I love marketing and overall criminal businessman roleplay which are both absolutely provided by "The Chicago Spirit". I always believed MC&D didn't get the respect and attention it deserved, I don't want to get the same with T.C.S. as they have bunch of opportunities laying in front of them; the only thing that is needed is good leadership and members. I want to use my considerable experience to better this group and the roleplay; to simply show that group of interests don't exist only to cause catastrophe or raid the Foundation. I ultimately believe T.C.S. has a deeper purpose which still is not comprehended by ample people. I haven't really had a roleplay experience similar to T.C.S. provides, thus, it is going to be a teaching for me which would eventually allow me to extend my boundaries and improve my roleplay skills. Addition to the things already that have been mentioned, I would like to tell you that since I'm a progressive person, I can be a helpful player with the growth and development of T.C.S. I'm really interested in the new drug dealing, criminal word rp which is definitely unique and attracting. My only intention is to help and help only, thus, you can say my reasoning to join is basically helping you grow and develop into a respected group where roleplay is praised and done correctly and admirably. 

The Chicago Spirit was organized crime syndicate based in Chicago, Illinois. Founded by Richard D. Chappell--the reality bender-- the group operated locally for the first two decades of his existence, keeping a low-profile but still having an impact on the history of organization that profited from anomalous artifacts. They were not limited by justice system's boundaries, ironically, made even more money and spread to major cities in the United States during the America's Prohibition Era. The Spirit constituted of anomalous employees as well as a powerful leadership with anomalous abilities. Their major money making method was creating and exploiting anomalous artifacts and creatures. A legitimate business to an infamous crime syndicate that ruled with the utilization of anomalous artifacts. There is also a resurgence era and late early 1910-30s era but I believe the late 1800s and early 1900s were the only vital eras as the syndicate was firmly established by the employment of 500+ anomalous workers and extension of the group's power. I can also talk about the 1990+ T.C.S. upon request. 

Explain what the jobs in the Chicago Spirit do (Associate, Made Man, Capo, Don):

Associate: A low ranking Spirit member, an enforcer for The Chicago Spirit. Follows the superior's orders, protects the club from external threats and helps the operations of the crime syndicate. 

Made Man: A(n) (almost) fully qualified, mid-ranking Spirit member. They have proved themselves as associates and are trusted with more privileges/mission than a normal lower ranking. 

Capo: A high ranking Spirit member who is beyond qualified and tasked with commanding associates and made mans of The Chicago Spirit. Follows the orders of the Don and executes/directs them perfectly (usually) all the time. 

Don: The big boss, in charge of all the operations that has been taking place in the Ovis City and making sure everything is running smoothly by ordering his men or directly dealing with a problem. 

"When folks ask where I studied, I just laugh at them. I don't believe in formal education. I never spent a day in a classroom, yet I'm one of the most successful men in this city. Boys and men who could be spending their time productively are instead forced to waste years of their lives stooped over books, trying to snatch some trace of intellect for themselves. What the schoolmasters don't tell you is that genius is something you're born with." -Richard D. Chappell 

The Chicago Spirit's purpose is proving every men that being enslaved by the system is wishing for your own imprisonment; only way to exceed is to believe in yourself and strive for what do you think is the best. T.C.S. made money from their gifted abilities and saved a lot of people from poverty such as their employees who are probably targets of the Foundation and other related organizations/task forces. The group might have been infiltrated with common thieves and thugs but was never even subject to being destroyed because they served a greater purpose and defied the rules of the system. 

Do you understand the rules of the Chicago Spirit and if you seen breaking one of those you are out?:

I read, acknowledged and gladly accepted every rule that has been set by the management and I understand if I am seen breaking one of those rules, I will be discharged from the group.

There will be always groups/people that are in need of weapons and drugs but the essential factor is to discover, locate, gather information about them. If you know what are you selling, you have to thoroughly know who are you selling it to as well. Once you get a chance to meet this group, you have to be persuasive. Do not be shy of making discounts but never undermine the worth of your product too, set a price and don't let anyone get to you. 

Let's talk more on the advertisement. You will only advertise through the people you know, let them come to you. Once you have a customer, you will soon have a network too. Determine if the customer is trustable and once you confirm he is, tell him to spread the word for you; tell him about the goodies and make references to their goals so they become more interested in buying the product. Use the magic of deception and manipulation and become powerful. Before anyone can stand up to you, you will own them because they need you but you don't need them. 

I promise to not let you guys down, plain and simple. A man that put 1+ hour of his day to write this exemplary application will not let you down because I'm dedicated and driven by my interests and I am interested in joining this group. I have a lot of experience, I was introduced to many GOIs since 2016 and I had chance to take part in some of them which allowed to me to better my SurfaceRP. I am good with marketing, can do the math between the sells and get the job done with no flaw. I know how to operate without getting anyone into any risk or offending someone which allows me to keep good relations with almost anybody. I have all kinds of experience and I made all kinds of mistakes in the past which blessed me with the near ultimate state of mind. To specifically address some of my obtained (might be in past or current) important whitelists: Sarkic (GOI), UIU (GOI), HoEA (justifies that I am good with relations, especially the difficult ones where the situations weren't even close to being easy to resolve), O5 Council Member (depicts my administrative skills and commitment to a set of rules in order to roleplay realistically.). 

I respect all opinions, don't get offended quickly rather I tend to accept any kind of criticism and learn from it. I am no snowflake, I witnessed many kinds of toxicity and I always made sure justice was served in civilised ways. I know there is a set of regulations that I'm required to obey and I'm completely prepared to obey them; I would like to imply on the fact I will never deny a mistake I did but I will only take responsibility. I am a man of honor; If I fail people, I will resign honorably. When I gain their respect and honor back, I will make sure I'm qualified enough to join them back and never fail them again. This mentality will be fully valid during my time in T.C.S. or in the server generally. 

Thank you for evaluating my application and sparing your time. 

I hope I inspired the future applicants of T.C.S. with this detailed application. I hope everyone likes and don't be shy to leave any criticization/suggestions. 

Edited by westend
Updated/Added more stuff in important questions

Warner Bros Dc GIF by The Batman

Common Roleplay name: Phil Jones

Steam Name:SpiritualFunguy

Discord Name: SpiritualFunguy#0136

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:211889668

Your Current Warns(15 warn limit, take screenshot): 3    (lemme know if you want me to make the image bigger)       Fqd20kRAY1raxBvWG6LcAOgwk4fIsDa-XTLWtBBZvfIcYf--ZehQTp2kV0VqfSdTiXsjpxbPOjDqy68eTwk3nBc6LaGesHgiFakea3vQPBVJmPu5wIp2qzUVqNvImT7wNAfFlDV6

Your Current Playtime(1 week minimum): 2w 3d

Tell us your back story: 

I was born into a wealthy family, (in the city Hammond - Indiana) my mother worked in law enforcement and my father a mish-mash of crime but he primarily worked with a particularly interesting group: Marshall Carter & Dark. My father corrupted my mother and she used her career and good position in it to him and his groups huge leads, resulting in my father's success. As I grew up my father heavily influenced me and set me up for a life of crime, and boy did I seize the opportunity! I was given my first task from MC&D at the age of 17 - it was a relatively simple beginners one, to collect the money from a buyer and it went very well.

Over time I grew further from my dad and after one year of MC&D service lost complete contact with him and my mother but I was making a lot of money fast. There was just one problem, it was boring, all they did was buy and sell. I brought this up with a few mates there and most of them  just shrugged except one, he called me over after and informed me of a group similar to this one except “We use the shit to get more shit and then we sell the shit.”. This seemed exactly what I was looking for so I followed the man’s instructions and met with some others that were part of his group but before I could get accepted into the group I had to prove my MC&D life was behind me. My next (and last) task from MC&D was to escort an extremely valuable anomalous artifact. Mid operation I deviated and took the artifact to a previously negotiated spot, an old warehouse. “Well done!” The man I spoke to before had been waiting and he started to lock the place up, the plan was to leave it here for a while and let things cool down a little, but I was confused “Isn’t this too valuable to just leave here?”

“This thing gives you anomalous abilities right? Heh, we get abilities like that for breakfast.”.

And that is where my career in the ‘Chicago Spirit’ began…

[I feel a little disheartened about this after reading the guy’s above but I made this before I read that and i’m not thinking up a whole new backstory (unless this gets denied ofc)]

I want to join the Chicago Spirit because it is something new. MC&D had been on the server for as long as I can remember and this is like some kind of refreshing beverage that didn’t (or atleast I) didn’t even realise we needed. It has a cool lore from the SCP wiki that fits well in the crime-ridden OvisCity. The features that have been introduced with the group are all cool balanced(ish) and bring something new into the server which is the whole point of a new GOI. I used to play quite a bit of MC&D but after a while it got a little stale, just sitting in club making an advert every now and then, so I never put in the effort to try and get the WL for it but after playing with some of TCS members as Associate  just a couple of instances I was immediately hooked. Another reason I would like to join TCS is because I can tell this group is going to go a long way as it’s current members are all trustworthy and know how to play the job properly, aka it’s not gonna cripple in a month.

In 1893 the Chicago Spirit was originally a small (normal you could say) business on the South side of Chicago that served as a typical nightclub that offered musical entertainment and alcoholic drinks, mostly consisting of loyal patrons which received occasional gifts from the Spirit. After making very little profit from the business a man Chappell with anomalous capabilities transformed the business into what it is now: a hive of thugs and thieves which sell ‘unnatural novelties’. This new method of working attracted wealthy buyers and in a couple of years hundreds of anomalous items were sold, many of which are theorised to have been created by Chappell himself. The Chicago Spirit now serves at the black market of the anomalous world with a large customer base. However, what separates the Spirit from all other trade groups of the anomalous world is their use of the ‘unnatural novelties’ that they acquire. Using them to help in raids and missions, being successful almost every time. They also work primarily alone without the assistance of other groups but occasionally make deals with other GOI for assistance.

The Associate is the equivalent of a nightclub bouncer or a doorman, they primarily protect the main base of operations for the Spirit such as monitoring who comes in and out and guarding any supplies within it.

The Made Men are given a little more responsibility than the Associate as they are only beginners to the Spirit whereas a Made Man is more trusted. They can be given more involved orders as they are more reliable but they must still follow their superior’s orders.

The Capo is a sort of lieutenant role, the next step up from Made Man but not quite the Don, they give out more instructions that they receive and play a part in the management of operations and carries out orders from the Don without fail.

The Don is the leader of the group, the O5 Council of the Chicago Spirit, has complete control over all operations that are carried out and takes orders from no-body. They keep the group under control and stop the other members of the group (including Capo) from falling out of place. What they say goes without question.

As far as I know the primary purpose of the Chicago Spirit is to make money. Chappell realised his capabilities from a very early age (such as the incident with the paperboy), when he came across the original innocent Chicago Spirit which did not make much money he saw it as an opportunity to use his abilities and make it rain. Him, along with many other criminals and such made huge amounts of money in a relatively short amount of years (only a couple decades) when the group's sales were very popular and had some extremely wealthy customers. Their reghin over Chicago and nearby cities lasted (from 1895) until the Foundation raided Chappell’s home (in 1938) and the group disbanded. The raid however was only made possible but the abrupt disappearance of one of Chappell’s business partners “Mr Night” (mentioned in Chappell’s journals) who left the group only a few years before it’s downfall, leading to its vulnerability.

Of course.

The most effective way to spread the word is via word of mouth, after a few initial sales it should spread like wildfire. If you really need to get the fire started you could also throw in a few (mabey $1,000-$10,000) to bribe buyers to help spread the word, without making any huge announcement alerting PD immediately. Also, selling to members of the group will encourage other members of that group to buy from us as they can see the type of products we sell and their quality. Another way (if business is especially stale) an Associate could be sent out to speak directly to citizens and try to encourage them to visit the club, once they are there they can be bribed with a good deal or perhaps even a free sample (like a pistol).

I should be chosen for this job because I put the effort in when I care (which with this job I definitely would), I really put my all into it to make sure that I play it properly and, when you do play it properly, it ends up being more fun for everybody as people can see the groups full potential. I have noticed that currently in the group are mainly people you know that you can definitely trust (such as server staff and such), but I want to give you a 100% guarantee that you can trust me with this job. Obviously you don’t want retards running around making the job look bad (one of the reasons I think this job will last so long is because you have kept it to people you can rely on and made the app really fucking hard -_-) and I promise you I am not one of those retards. I understand the lore fully and how the group would act such as being hostile towards PD and not just trying to keep out of everybody’s way like MC&D did (and ended up just not doing anything on the surface) and also I really don’t break the rules, all my warns are from ages ago and I have learnt since all of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading  :), I have tried not to ramble on too much whilst still fulfilling the word count. This is the hardest app I’ve done and I hope you don’t think it’s awful :). I’m really excited about this job, whether I get accepted into it or not. If you don’t like it please let me know why and I will try to improve it (assuming I can re-apply) but until I get feedback this is the best I think I can do. Thanks again

- Phil Jones

Edited by Phil Jones
Just a few things that bugged me

Common Roleplay name: Chris Blu

Steam Name: Atomik

Discord Name: Atomik#8221

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:234298798

Your Current Warns(15 warn limit, take screenshot): _YfsAUd6IX4Y9pMU0VjNj1iZaAHMLNMAPjoPjAcVjamcZdLlDiOIuz50SLOZmtY9-6IxeJTV-TsC7HLkVaklBT6BEUL9PCnlSIvIamMkgB97sttLlWPT_7X5yHJRcD-_DUYjtl4j

Your Current Playtime(1 week minimum): bout 8 weeks i dont keep track anymore

Tell us your back story: "Anyone got some Coke?" (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R-80_lASAfMbw_jJmap2csIUD96pVOpkY2ezgXOf8eM/edit?usp=sharing)

Why do you want to join the Chicago Spirit?:  This part of the application (or any other application that has this section) always pisses me off, but guess i have to.  I wish to join the Chicago Spirit because of the unique RP that is can give.  This is the only job on the server that is a Crime Syndicate, which allows for much RP between the PD and the Spirit, along with them being Anomalous, leading to interactions with the Foundation and GOIs (whether hostile or otherwise).  Because of this, the Spirit can give a lot of great RP that other groups simply cant provide, and for that, I wish to join the group (plus the money doesnt hurt lol).

What is the Chicago Spirit?: The Chicago Spirit is an Organized Anomalous Crime Syndicate, based in, of course, Chicago.  The Spirit hires several persons with Paranormal Abilities, and sell and exploit Anomalies to benefit their Organization.  Besides partaking in anomalous crime, the Spirit traffics many other illegal goods, like Guns, Drugs, and anything else with demand.  They transport their good using anomalous means, from using Memetic Hazards to make their goods invisible to the human eye, to using Ways to transport their good from one part of the world to the other.

Associate: Just an expendable employee who has access to minimal weaponry and usually acts like the meat shield, doing dirty work with a low risk.

Made Man: The main muscle of the group, selling and transporting anomalous good, drugs and weaponry, and doing shit that requires a higher skill than the associate could provide.  They have little to no power within the organization, but are a full fledged member of the Spirit.

Capo: Above both previous ranks, keeps the organization members in line and being the enforcer for the groups, having some power in the Syndicate, and only obeying the commands of a Don.

Don: The leader of the Organization in the area, with their goal to keep the orgnization running smoothly and making deals with other groups and persons.  Most Dons have anomalous abilities to a certain extent.

What is the purpose of the Chicago Spirit?: Like any Crime Syndicate, to make money.  They do this by either selling their men as Hitmen, selling drugs, weapons, anomalous object, or even people and information/comms.  They do this to gain more money, and inturn, more power within the Crime World.

Do you understand the rules of the Chicago Spirit and if you seen breaking one of those you are out?: Yea, pretty sure that's basic in every group.

Give me an example on how will you advertise that you sell drugs/weapons: I wouldn’t do shit like “/s guns and drugs at club (no foundation) haha”, as thats fucking stupid (sadly based off what I saw an associate do).  I would inform people that I know can be trusted (such as CI or something) that I have such goods that can aid them.  To know that these people can be trusted, I would gain information about them, either through bribing others, or having associates gather some info about them on their own.  After this, I would have them informed of what I have and how it could benefit them.  When they do buy however, I would have them ID’d (ofc) and have associates be on the lookout for any suspicious activity outside the club or by the member, to make sure that they are who I think they are and that they can be trusted.

Why should I choose you for this job?: Ignoring that fact that i’m cool, its because I actually have a functioning brain.  Unlike 90% of people who play this server, my brain actually fills my skull up.  Not to mention, I have extensive (about 6 months) experience with MC&D, which has allowed me to actually know how to RP as a Vendor Job whilst encouraging other RP and interacting with other groups in a way that isn’t just “haha gun go brrrr”.  Whilst TCS and MC&D are different groups, they are very similar and experience can overlap.  Not to mention I’ve had a mega-shitton of RP with TCS (as Oneiroi mostly), so i’ve seen what TCS should and shouldn't do whilst on the job.

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

Common Roleplay name: Mark Kuntson

Steam Name: Wojtaz The MLG PRO 

Discord Name: Wojtaz The MLG PRO

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:119242586

Your Current Warns(15 warn limit, take screenshot): 3, DTP, RDA, Lying to Staff (DM for screenshot idk)

Your Current Playtime(1 week minimum): 5 weeks 2 days, 8 hours

Tell us your back story:

Tomasz Wierzba, a polish immigrant during the second world war, has lived in the city of Los Angeles since he was 3. He knew both his birth language and the local one. His life started uneventfull, he went to school, then collage and he even got a job in the local construction company. He aspirated to become a lawyer, although he tried to attend the exams, he failed. Disappoited at his offspring, his father kicked him out of the house, he could never undetstand what his father was. His mom died in his early years, right after he moved in here. These events led Tomasz on a drug spree. He sniffed and took whatever he could, whenever he could, he got kicked out of his work, and soon landed on the streets, alone, only with his heroin and cocaine. During his drug spree, he landed in a coma, that lasted for 19 years. After getting out of the hospital, with nowhere to go, Tomasz started looking for jobs, not always legal, not always safe, but at least he got money. Later he joined up with a crew of drug dealers, who later joined up with another crew, and another and another. They both recreated the Chicago Spirit. Then he started discovering "The Wonderfull" as he called them. Magical, anomalous things that were hidden all around the world. And now, he serves the organization, in his home city, spreading influence and gathering money. What else would a man like him want?

Why do you want to join the Chicago Spirit?: I honestly feel really burned out and am looking for some refreshments and Chicago spirit was always a cool GoI, just before I had some… difficulties joining. Well now when it is possible I decided to apply. I just think it is a cool job and a new experience thats all. I want to try it out.

What is the Chicago Spirit?: Chicago Spirit (GoI-0001) is a organized crime syndicate that often uses, sells or purchases various anomalous drug, weapons and other items. The mainly operated in US Mainland in the cities like Chicago, LA, NYC and Detroid, although in the 1930s after a small conflict with the SCP Foundation have collapsed due to the lose in leadership. Some minor and major leftovers have formed their own organizations or factions, trying to become the new Spirit. (Server does not really follow role, so we just assume TCS recovered and re-assembled nowdays).

Associate - hired person of the mafia, standard goon, helps out Made Man.

Made Man - member of the crime family, has access to verious weapons and drugs.

Capo - senior member of the crime family, helps out the Don in managing the Made Men and Associates.

Don - head of the family, manages the TCS in the area.

TCS is a crime syndicate so obviously they care about influence and most importantly money. They get those via verious methods although selling black market anomalous drugs and weaponary is the most profitable for them.

Do you understand the rules of the Chicago Spirit and if you seen breaking one of those you are out?: Yes I do

People just metagame the club nowdays but sure:

I would simply either advertise the club itself (not that we sell weapons or drugs, just the club in Ovis), or go around and offer guns/drugs to people on the street.

Why should I choose you for this job?:

I can offer my time and interest to it, since I feel burned out and other jobs bore me. I belive I have excellent lore knowladge and can prove a good member of the Spirit (Spectre) if given a Chance, I understand that this application can seem underdetailed, but if you read it, it's only the essencial information, not bullshitting.

Poop

Common Roleplay name:
Chris Garfield

Steam Name:

[AU] Vietnam Crusader Man

Discord Name:

YEEImawarframeplayer#6333

SteamID:STEAM_0:0:490510102

image.thumb.png.dca7c99b9f1f7651ba23c1d62b2865d1.png

1 week 5 days 3hrs

Platinum 
Tell us your back story:

Chris was once part of a small scale drug trade operation, eventually it was found by the Chicago spirit, they bought the place and told everyone new orders to start making what the TCS wanted. Chris decided to join the TCS, to try and make his way up the ranks, at least to a midway position. It is known he became very fond of the TCS, and began to like the other members as friends.

More about the drug trade he worked in, it used to be big in OVIS city. MCND, a wealthy small club, the same building as TCS until it was bought out.

During his working time, he then encountered his first anomaly and successfully had taken it back to the club, he also had to exterminate anyone that touched the anomaly too. He was born in Liverpool, 1986 in a small stable, as he was born his mother was killed and then he was taken into adoption until taken by a wealthy family. Then lived the life until he moved out due to not being noticed after his siblings were born.

I would like to join the Chicago spirit, as when I'm on sometime the associate slot will be full or I will be the only one. Other associates have run into the problem that people give them money to buy stuff but they can't sell anything. As they have no purpose other than guards and sometime canon fodder.  So I would like to become a made man to be able to actually sell weapons, and drugs to people.

In its original incarnation, the Chicago Spirit was a legitimate business. Founded in 1893 and located on Chicago's South Side, the Spirit operated as a typical bar, providing patrons with alcoholic beverages and occasionally offering live musical entertainment. After two years of making little revenue, Chappell had the idea to start a second line of business on the Chicago Spirit's second floor: a secretive trade of "unnatural novelties". During the subsequent years, Chappell sold over 600 anomalous artifacts to buyers in Chicago and outlying areas. Many of these objects are believed to been created by Chappell himself.

Associate, is for people that have been accepted into the Chicago Spirit, but are not full fledged members as they must complete tasks, assigned to them by the higher ranks of the Chicago members. This is the lowest rank in the Chicago Spirit.

Made-Man, a fully fledged member of the Chicago Spirit. These members are now able to sell the club's merchandise (that consists of firearms and anomalous entities. Also drugs.) These lucky people, will get to tell associates what to do but still have a long way to go to rank up and become a capo.

Capo, a member of the Chicago Spirit experienced in everything. Selling, torture, marksmanship. You name it the capo can probably do it. These members have had the chance to meet the don in person and carry out his will through themselves.

The Don, is the big bad boss of the Chicago Spirit, he controls all through the capo's and has the power to do as he wished. He has anomalous powers to his disposal as phasing though solid materials and people. He also may just be a don for someone else, like a sector boss.

To sell weapons, drugs and anomalous entities. And basically run their night club from the inside.

Yes I understand.

I will send two associates out with their comms stripped, then walk around the city advertising we're selling drugs and other entities. Then if they had a hard time with anyone wanting to fuck with them. I'd tell them to go back to the club and handle it myself. Most likely using enraged to handle it after having my comms stripped my self. If no one else is on that can strip comms, I will provide the associates with the equipment deemed necessary to handle the problem.

I will show my time, dedication and persistency for this job. Making show to follow the rules and everything else that is told to me by higherups.

1 hour ago, Chris Garfield said:

Co

I will send two associates out with their comms stripped, then walk around the city advertising we're selling drugs and other entities. Then if they had a hard time with anyone wanting to fuck with them. I'd tell them to go back to the club and handle it myself. Most likely using enraged to handle it after having my comms stripped my self. If no one else is on that can strip comms, I will provide the associates with the equipment deemed necessary to handle the problem.

I will show my time, dedication and persistency for this job. Making show to follow the rules and everything else that is told to me by higherups.

very easy to read, thank you.

Edited by Jack Wasza

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  • Images up to 440 x 240 pixels
  • Maximum of 5 lines

• View signatures? fuck me

Common Roleplay name: Avery Winters

Steam Name: DLEtna        

Discord Name: DLEtna#1630       

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:87998391

9f3dd4821e0d77eb835847613af8961f.jpg           

Your Current Playtime(1 week minimum): 1 week and 3 days                 

Tell us your backstory: 

(Alternative story arc for the character “Avery Winters”)    

Instead of aspiring to further progress of humanity through theoretical physics. Rather he looked to increase the size of his own pockets. This was still a time when Avery Winters still abided by the law and planned to continue doing so. 

In exchange for a PhD in Theoretical Physics, he took an overseas law degree to practice law. After passing the New York Bar Exam, he charged straight into a law firm and got to work. Dealing with various cases of blue collared cases.

His own flaw however was his incessant gambling addiction. Running up debts much as his paperwork is filled to the top of his desk. The crime family that held his debts give him a way out. Turn cases favourably for their members in exchange for forgiveness of debts. This became an endless cycle of Winters running up debts, getting them forgiven and this repeated endlessly. 

The case that broke him was a death row inmate on his last chance of parole. As the gavel struck down. Winter’s Fate sealed as a day later he was given the chair. For failures, Winters was demanded to perform crimes that horrified him. He refused to acknowledge his crimes and vowed not gamble any further.  It hardened him as it crushed his soul.      

He chose to leave the city behind for a fresh start in Ovis City as a bouncer in a certain nightclub. Often giving legal advice on the side. 

Coming from a MafiaRP background I felt that this is a perfect fit. I've climbed the ranks of a crime family from associate to capo therefore I'm in touch with La Cosa Nostra, Omerta and other concepts key to a crime family/syndicate. In addition, After the disbandment of the CI Whitelisting, I'm looking for another go-to GOI group. I loved the community spirit that the former CI Discord held.  

Defined as a crime syndicate that has its roots in Chicago, Illinois. It is owned by Richard D. Chappell. Who is considered to be Type-C Reality Bender and categorised as SCP-046-ARC. The Chicago Spirit utilizes Anomalous Effects to further it’s goals. Such as using Memetic Hazards to disguise various illicit goods.

It didn’t start out as a crime syndicate. It was a legitimate business in 1893. A speakeasy called the “Cistern Chappell”. It rose from being a typical bar that sold drinks to running a secretive trade of “unnatural novelties”. This attracted wealthy collectors and members of Chicago Elite. By the 1900s, The Chicago Spirit was established fully in the Chicago criminal underworld with roughly 410 men working under him. It was even acknowledged by Al Capone. Stating that he “wouldn't have anything to do with those men”.   

Associate: These men are considered outsiders to the family therefore considered the lowest rank. They are often given minor tasks such as promoting the club or guarding the door. 

Made men: Considered to be core of the family, the foot soldiers and primary earners. They swear an oath of loyalty to the family in exchange for status and protection. In this server’s case, they are the main vendors and conduct the day to day operations.

Capo: Also referred to as Captains, they lead groups of made men. This role is primarily given to top earners. They direct the made men based on the orders of the Don. 

Don: The Head of the Family, The one with absolute authority as they maintain the chain of command. Pass down orders to the Capos who in turn will command the Made Men to fulfill those orders. 

It is to be the primary vendor for weapons, drugs and anomalous objects. They also operate the dance club as front for the illegitimate businesses. As all crime families that occupy a city. They aim to monopolize sales of their respective goods ensuring that they are the sole providers. They also aspire for influence over the surface by corrupting the government of Ovis City.     

Do you understand the rules of the Chicago Spirit and if you are seen breaking one of those you are out?:  

I perfectly understand the following statement and have been under the impression that statement applied to all whitelisted jobs.  

Primarily the club would be the driver of advertisement. I would decorate the place and advertise freely on comms to come visit the club for drinks. On the outside, it looks like a simple brick and mortar Dance Club. The best form of advertising is word of mouth. I would start simple selling only in the club. In most cases, they bring their friends along that can be trusted. Slowly the amount of customers would increase as it exponentially grows. 

Notably this is how the club has always operated therefore no need to deviate from this.

One. I have held a high standard for roleplay to the best of my abilities when the other parties have demanded for it. I consider myself as an amateur writer and can be seen in the story arcs I've created for the character Avery Winters. I always want to utilize my creativity to create better roleplay scenarios. I will admit some failures in this goal as mistakes happen.

Two. I believe that I have a lot to contribute to the group. I’ve roleplayed hours of court scenarios as a quasi-lawyer. I would like to fill this niche as perhaps the group’s legal advice as I don't see many of your members having backgrounds in law. And we haven’t even gotten into the many experiences i have of climbing from associate to capo (equivalent) in various crime families.

Three. I’ve been granted a minor amount of trust by the community in various whitelisted jobs. I believe it would be in my best interest to maintain this trust therefore i could be considered low risk. I have more to lose reputation wise if I betrayed this trust whilst you have much to significantly gain from my experience and hands.  

Edited by DLEtna

uwu