Patrick Greene

Staff Application for Patrick Greene

Name:
Patrick

What country are you from?:
The United States, but currently living in Germany.

How well do you speak and understand English?: 
English is my first and only language.  I'm fluent in it.

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:42034804

In-Game name(s):
Patrick Greene

Play Time. Must be atleast 3 days. No exceptions(SCP-RP):
3afb1d92130cbbe03e0a1df65cf1e3a4.png

Are you a VIP/GoldVIP?:
Platinum VIP.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.  I have a razor headset.

Do you have TeamSpeak ( Required )?: 
I do.  The only times I use it is when joining the NU7 chat.  I can join if need be.

Why should we pick you? (250 word minimum):
I know that I will be a good member for staff due to my consistent loyalty and dedication.  I'm extremely committed to everything that I do.  It has been awhile since my last staffing experience, but I'm a swift and efficient learner, so I'll be able to pick back up on the basics in no time.  I always follow the rules, and will have no issue enforcing them when the situation permits.  I spend a few hours a day on the server, unless I have something going on that day.  I've spent the last few weeks learning the working of the game and this server in specific. 
I'm not a toxic player, and I'm certain that I'll be around for the long run if I am accepted.  I have experience from my current studies in psychology that will assist in the way that I communicate with people, as solid communication skills is crucial for a staff member.  I have Military experience in real life as well, and I have gained ample leadership skills from my time serving.  My biggest flaws would probably be my low game time, and not being extremely known within the community, so if that's my downfall, I will take it with a grain of salt, and improve those traits before applying again.  I have a strong desire to help out in any way fit, and I know that being a staff member will be the most efficient way to do that.  I've spent my time sitting back, watching how the staff members carry out their sits, and various situations, and I would love to see what I can learn from them all.

How long will you be able to play per day?:
During the week, anywhere from 2-4, sometimes more.  During the weekend, unless I have to work over the weekend, I can spend about 6-12.

Any past experience as staff?:
I have staffed on all dead servers, being TTT, SCP-RP, DarkRP and HaloRP.  I learned a lot about what it means to be a staff member due to staffing in these previous communities.  Granted, it has been awhile, most of the experience I have gained, is still with me.

Any previous warns/bans? If so why? (maximum of 15 warns, exceptions can be made.):
I have no warns currently.e135ff96dc281d555de884a617a81d7f.jpg

Do you know the basic ULX commands Yes/No:
I know the very basics.  
!Kick:  Kicks said player.
!bring:  Brings the player to you.
!return:  Returns whoever to their previous location, prior to being brought.
!xban:  Opens up a ban menu where you can input the players information, reason, and length of the ban.
!slay:  Slays said player.
!demote:  Demotes said player to Class D.
!freeze and !unfreeze:  Freezing or unfreezing said player.  (Can also be done by right clicking while holding them with a physgun.)
^ being the integer for yourself
* being the integer for all
@ being the integer for the player you are looking at
I understand that most of these commands need to be followed by a players name/steamid, or integer, in order to be executed properly.
I'm also familiar with !menu,  to bring up a list of all commands.

Do you know what SCP-RP is about? (not just job descriptions):
SCP-RP is a roleplay set in the SCP universe.  There are various jobs that the players can choose from once gaining a high enough level, or a valid whitelist.  The main focus is the foundation and the anomalies that it holds.  These anomalies are able to be tested on with proper clearance level or approval.  Another core concept are GOI's (Groups of Interest), that are either allied with the foundation, or against them.   The main goal of the game mode varies, based on the job that you have found yourself in.  I was previously staff on and SCP-RP server, and while the game mode and rules vary from server to server, the concept remains the same.
I understand that this server in specific is a semi-serious server with more content than just the foundation.  Various other groups, as mentioned above, are other integral parts of the workings of the game.  These groups go hand in hand with the foundation in order to provide and exciting, and enjoyable experience for the players, as they pose a sort of challenge or obstacle for the players currently in the facility.

Do you understand the rules of SCP-RP(1 word is not an answer).:
Yes.  I have made sure to read, and understand all of the rules to their entirety.  I like to think of myself as competent, so the rules were not hard to understand, as they're broken down into very specific sections.  Along with understanding the rules, I also understand the importance of the rules, and why they must be followed.  Common rules I've noticed broken, are D class killing other D class without reason, Guards killing Class D without counting, or detainees leaving the game while in hand cuffs.
I've made an attempt to make my way around to all of the jobs that don't require a whitelist, in order to better understand the workings of them with a first hand experience.  I feel that personally playing all of the roles, and being in various situations, helps to better understand the rules, besides from reading them themselves.

I appreciate the time it took to read this.  Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, as it will help me compile a better application in the future.

Edited by Patrick Greene