Vandori

Change the time of the 6 pm event

What your suggestion is: Change time of 6 pm event

Scriptfodder/workshop link:

Any additional information:

Change the time of 6 pm event

This suggestion has been brought up before by List however while it got denied I still believe this topic must be brought up again because of the following reasons.

Firstly, hosting training and tryouts. People tend to come on the server just before the 4 pm event after school, work or other activities. The 4 pm event the event planner collects and depending on the interests of the player the event might start on time or later. This is not the EPs fault however if the EP cannot get enough ECs in time that might lead to a smaller time frame between the 4 and 6 pm. This furthermore results in people being unable to host trainings or tryouts as most people tend to eat after the 4 pm event.

Secondly, a stronger player base. Before the 7 pm event was changed to a 6 pm event. The time between was great to get people to become better with their respective equipment with cool awesome training’s. But also allow people in their respective regiment to create social ties between each which resulted in a stronger player base on the server overall. This would also motivate both younger players to come back after a tryout but also to rise through the regiments and become more committed with said regiment.

However this change would make it so that CWRP and IRP would fight over both participants and prime event time which could result in either server getting low enough population so that there is not an event for one or the other. As well as having people choose which server to be active on at the moment which is unfortunate as some are active on both servers.

Lastly, People logging off. After having two events with a small break between them most people tend to start logging off. As many feel that they have either played enough, have other things to do or overall might have had a bad experience of the event. This results in some people having a hard time to both do tryouts to keep their regiments going and hosting trainings to keep people coming back.

To summarize. The short time frame between 4 and 6 pm events makes it more difficult for regiments to engage with each other. Resulting in less trainings and tryouts. Personally I appreciate being an EC and the work EPs But into their event. But I also prioritize making awesome trainings for my regiments and I am finding it harder to do as many tend to go AFK in the time between 4 and 6 pm events. And I believe other regiments are feeling the same. To change the 6 pm event to either 7 or 6:30 would make a big difference in the long term status of the server in a positive way.

Although I fully agree with you and so does most of the server this decision is solely up to CAT and from what Spades explained to me it would be more beneficial for the community to grow as a whole with us competing with other CWRP servers that have a 6pm event time and it causes more competition with IRP. Also you can argue with map swap and planetarys being longer sometimes the gap is decently equal.

The reasoning is pretty valid but its hard to gauge whether there is truth to that or if it is even true at all that we will have a larger more stable player count with a later planetary event time. The only way I could think of to test this would be for 2 weeks have the event time later and see how that effects playercount on both servers (CWRP and IRP) and other competing communities on CWRP. Even then that test would be flawed as playercount is pretty fluctuant as of late on both servers and goes off many other factors.

Overall the system we have now works well enough to keep CWRP stable at least and trying to change it or at least test a change to convince CAT would be a bigger pain than just dealing with what we have now. Unless you can come up with a really good argument to convince Spades to change it then (I pretty much voiced everything you said here) this suggestion is for certain getting denied.

Edited by List
mistyped :/

currently au tistic

Previous Ranks:

501st ARC Colonel/Temp Exo

DS Squad Leader F73

CWRP Administrator

was denied before dont think they are going to change their minds but always worth a 2nd try i guess.

Current Ranks:
CT 7231
Past Ranks:

212th Vice Commander | 212th ARC Colonel | JT Vice Commander | 41st Lieutenant Colonel |  
CE Lieutenant

+1

As an EP 4pm's go one for a farely longtime and that gives no one any time to do regimental shit at map swap as an event will just start instantly so id like to see it happen

Current Ranks
  Mace Windu - DS Commando F-91 CWRP Senior Event planner - CWRP Discord Staff Manager
Past Ranks
CT 2459 - CE PFT MEDIC COLONEL CG Detainment Droid - Battalion Sand - Battalion Colonel - GM LT Colonel 5x Regimental Medic Jedi Ace CWRP Senior Event Planner Jedi Watcher 501st Colonel Jedi Paladin - Jedi Phantom - Jedi Beast Tamer Jedi Lorekeeper CWRP Jedi Event planner - 501st Gamma ARC Colonel Obi Wan Kenobi Plo Koon
Okkotsu.Yuuta_full.3233018.thumb.gif.d34416410611c3902d25d5d77fa6506a.gif

+1

My points were stated previously, and i'll still plus one even though  it was denied by spades before so it will be denied again

Current Ranks

[CWRP] 

41st ARC 2nd LT | Administrator | Jedi Padawan | Detainment Droid 

Past Ranks

[CWRP]

501st Commander | 501st Sergeant | Jedi Operator | Jedi PadawanEvent Planner Clone Guard Private

Jedi Peacekeeper 501st Special Operations Colonel | Clone Force 99 Squad Leader H-07 

Detainment Droid | Reserve Medic | GM Fire Droid

Jedi Guardian Jedi Knight | CT 3166

[IRP]

Jump Trooper Private Scout Trooper Sargent | Sith Apprentice | ST 3166 | Shock Trooper Private

[IORP]

T-SEC Lance Corporal Fonollio

[T-RP]

Jump Trooper Lance Corporal | Hutt Clan Henchman

[ICRP]

Jump Trooper Lance Corporal | Pyke Henchman

[IRP]

Jump Trooper Jr Medic 2nd Lieutenant

Sheep.png

+1 fuck CAT focuses on IRP anyway #halesacceptthis

Edited by Fusion365

[Past Ranks]
Trial Vice Admiral | Rear Admiral | Jedi Agent | STV Voistender des Gaugerichts | CT Trial Exo | 501st Major | RRD ResearcherGalactic  marines  Captain |  Lambda LARPER  Star wars modDark RP Senior Mod | Deathrun Senior Mod

Denied
Exactly the same answer as previous suggestion. 

Past SWRP Ranks
CW Grand Admiral, CW Manager,
CW 501st Commander x2, CW ARC Commander,
CW RC OS Squad Leader F61, CW Jedi Fighter

IRP Grand Admiral, IRP Vice Manager