Slavking

Possible Future voice amp Reform?

What your suggestion is:   I dont know if this is even possible but currently voice amp goes to everyone in the server. People brand new to the server as a cadet to ec's and event planners during events. A change to this could be made either limited who it goes to eg: anyone who holds republic comms to even further

Possible Changes?? 

1. Anyone with Republic comms will be able to hear voice amp 

2. be able to switch between just clone and clone and Jedi. Allowing battalion to talk to Jedi if needed but also been able to cut it off switching modes such as can be done with the rpg. ( stopping interruptions in jedi events in a planetary but been able to contact them if needed  ) 

3.  cut voice amp for cadets. with people joining mid event in can be disruptive and annoying. even off putting to new players.

This would also make it more intresting for both clone and ec. with tactics been used by battalion been shouted to the ec's takes away the effectiveness of things like flanks such. And if voice amp was more specific to who it went to it would add more of a challenge for ec's and ep's, personally making it a bit more fun for everyone as well 

Scriptfodder/workshop link: N/a

Any additional information: Hi

Edited by Slavking
added bottom text

Current Ranks

Anakin

Past Ranks: 

Kit Fisto, 212th Exo ,  Batt officer ,  Event Planner , GM 2nd LT, Snr Mod

Neutral

I like this idea a lot but like Henk said it would probably take a toll on the quality of life on the server.

Current Ranks:

CT ####

Previous Ranks:

CWRP DS Commando F-80 "Scorch"

CWRP 501st ARC Colonel

CWRP 501st Temp EXO

CWRP 41st Temp ARC Major 

CWRP Jedi Operator 

TRP Arturo Huevos "The Huevos Family"

WW2RP Kompanie Caesar Gefreiter and Pionier

CWRP Event Planner

CWRP  Senior Mod

image.gif

I like how the Voice amp is at the moment, Yes it might be annoying to cadets but they will hear it after CC Training aswell.. Also with EC's "Metagaming" with it there is not much anyone can do and with jedi most of the events are at different times expect for planetries as you said.. Most VA speakage takes 2 - 4 seconds.

Spoiler

Previous OOC rank
Plat-VIP
Senior Event Planner

Previous IC rank
CT Drill Sergeant-Major
------------------------
CE Captain
------------------------
CG Vice-Commander
------------------------
Battalion  Colonel
------------------------

Jedi Scout

Neutral

Personally, I think it is a great idea and though I dont believe marketing so new players dont hear the callouts is the best way, I think it would be great for leading certain regiments or giving more clear orders to indivuals. Being able to speak to CE directly over comms or organising just the frontlines without having everyone would be great and rather useful. In theory, a more simple version could be like the game "Squad" where you have local (Normal talking), Squad (Regimental) and Command (Battalion). Now somethigs would have to be organised such as who can talk through the Command Comms? Everyone? Just the leading person in the regiment? And its hard to organise that.

The only issue is that SMT have denied it in the past and its a rather complicated thing to sort out. In theory, there could just be comm links where people either connect too or dont, but thats like other addons and its been denied before so its kind of a losing battle.

Denied
This idea has been discussed in the past and the current voice amp is one of the most demanding addons we use for the server currently, Changing it so only certain players can hear it will make it more demanding than it already is, resulting in more lag on the server.

Current ranks

CWRP Vice Manager
Admiral 

Previous ranks

Jedi Aegis
501st Marshal Commander
DS Commando F69
501st Vice Commander
Temp 501st Commander

Jedi Senior Guardian

ezgif-3-eed719ac80.gif.a7679065eed7ac58041146e7a19e3852.gif