Mort

Mort's Staff Application

In-game name(s): 104th RS SOF COL Mort

Steam Name: mort6001

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_0:1:185515074

Age when applying: 18

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: Spain - UTC +2

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes i can

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): 2mo 2w + 5w lost to time reset

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: 104th RS SOF COL - HG - Plat VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: I do own a working microphone and i mostly speak when communicating.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: I joined the server around 3 years and a few months ago, switching to IRP for about a few months as a sort of "break" from the server.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums: I rarely check the forums, but i do use the teamspeak and the discord everyday.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type !time then open warns menu, and drag the menu so chat is visible with the time): N/A

State the role of staff on the server: The role of staff in the server is to enforce the out of character rules set in place by SMT while also using their own personal criteria (within theese rules) to hand out punishments that fit the situation accordingly, they are also meant to deal with claims the playerbase makes when they need staff assistance.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?: Yes, i've been familiar with the rules of the server for quite a while now.

List of all previous server staff experience: Senior Moderator in CWs and Executive Admin/Security Staff in IRP.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes, i do understand.

Former Staff Questions (Remove these if you have not been staff on our server before):

1 ) For how long were you a staff member on CWRP: I dont quite remember exactly for how long i was a staff member in CWRP, but if i was to take a guess it would be for around 5 or 4 months.

2 ) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team: Senior Moderator.

3 ) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why: I resigned in order to move to IRP

4 ) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member: Nothing really, i do believe i did my job just fine.

5 ) How have you improved since you left the staff team: I was significantly younger when i first began playing the server leading to me making some mistakes, i do feel like i am more mature now and have gained a way better understanding of the server and the way it works.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: I teleport to the person that is supposedly killing other clones, in order to freeze him and stop him if he is currently in a killing spree, if that is not the case, i would simply open blogs and check if the player was actually RDMing other clones, if this is not true, i'd question the other player as tho why did he lie or if he had video footage of his claim, and then act accordingly.

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function: I inform Battalions that there is cadets that need training and wait for them to send an NCO+ to the CC area to get the cadets trained, if there is no Battalion online or he simply didnt get anyone to go i'd type in OOC the usual "Need someone to train a Cadet, if no one volunteers i'll bring someone at random".

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon: If it was a genuine accident then there is little to do about it, it would be up to Battalion to send CG to arrest them or not, if he needs help regarding how to safety his weapon i'd help.

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: If im honest i dont really care, and even if i did it's an IC issue, not OOC, so i couldnt do anything about it even if i wanted to.

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules: If it was someone who genuienly thought that what he did was fine because the server rules doesnt say anything about it then i'd simply explain to him that what he did is still FailRP and leave him be with just a verbal warning, if it's a minge that is known for disobeying the rules of the server and that knows what he's doing is a loophole in the rules then i'd just warn him for FailRP.

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: Explain to him the reason as to why he was punished, if he is still not satisfied and wants to carry on arguing i'd give him the forums link and tell him to take it there.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

So to make this less of a hassle to type and read i will divide this explanation in 3 different paragraphs:

Bias: What for me is the most important aspect one can ask for in a staff member is the lack of personal bias, i personally take pride over the fact that when it comes to making decissions i always think of the objective information im presented with regardless of my personal relationships with the players involved, the reason as to why i do this is because i've been at both ends of the stick and i know what it's like for a bias decission to screw you over when it's clearly unjust, and usually personal bias decissions bring worse outcomes than thinking things trough as objectively as possible.

Experience: I've sadly been part of this community for 3 years now, making me a more seasoned player that is rather used with the way things operate in the server and the way you are supposed to behave and act, there really isnt much else to say here.

Activity: This section is a bit more common amongst applicants but it is a must, the staff team of a server is worth nothing if they are not on the server to do their duties, i've played many events recently where i (and i assume other players) have ran into the issue of their claims not being taken care off which can even force them to completely stop what they are doing and wait for someone to take the claim. I am on everyday, while not for every event of the day i do consider myself an active player and someone willing to help.

Thanks for reading my application.

gsp-bows.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------
Current Ranks
Jr Developer
CF-99 Squad Leader

Former Ranks
IRP Executive Administrator
Fleet Commodore
Dark Council
501st ARC Colonel
Master of the Order
RRD Researcher

---------------------------------------------------------------

+1
Well experienced and a good chap, mort was a good staff member in his time during IRP and i'm sure he will dedicate himself well if he is given a staff position on here.

giphy(1).gif.f4ce086dfbef6e107836cc1d07497acd.gif

+1

Cool guy, friendly and funny 
good pick for staff

Current Ranks: 

MTF A-1 Agent | CI Reserve Manager | MTF E-11 Agent | HoEA | SCP Staff

Past Ranks:

SCP Moderator | MTF E-11 Commander | UIU Agent | CI Delta | HoEA  | MC&D Salesman |  Nu-7 SGT | GM SOF Colonel | Medic  x2  | 501st SOF Colonel