TheDaan

Daan's Staff Application

In-game name(s): CG Medic LT Daan

Steam Name: Dingy Individual

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147571104

Age when applying: 17

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: Greece, GMT+3

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes, I have been for most of my life.

Current total game-time on the server: 1mo 1w 1d 10h

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: CG LT, Medic, Plat VIP, PAC3

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: I own a working microphone and communicate by speaking.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: First joined somewhere around 2018 and played on and off till 2020 until 2022 when I played regularly for about 6 months. I got active on the server again about a month ago and I hope to be here for a while.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums: I use TS and Discord on a daily basis.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns: N/A, https://imgur.com/a/0JvLgAz

State the role of staff on the server: The role of a staff member on the server is to make sure the roleplaying experience is kept up to par and enjoyable for everyone involved. This is usually achieved by assisting the function of roleplay events by giving weapons, vehicles noclip etc. , punishing rulebreakers and assisting in other OOC issues. All of the above should be done without bias as to keep punishments fair.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? I have read the rules multiple times and understand them fairly well.

List of all previous server staff experience: I have previously staffed on 2 servers around 2016 to 2018 that have since shut down. The highest rank I have reached is Senior Admin.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: I understand.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: To begin with, I would teleport to the accused clone to see if they were currently killing other clones. If that was the case, I would teleport them away and freeze them to prevent any more RDM from occuring then check logs to assess how much harm was done and punish them accordingly.

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function: I would begin by teleporting to the cadet and informing them that someone would come to train them soon. Afterwards, I would try and locate an available member of battalion to get them to send an NCO+ to train them, or in the event where there are no battalion on, I would directly teleport to an NCO+ and inform them of the situation at hand or ask in OOC chat if anyone would like to volunteer.

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon: As this is not really an OOC problem and I can't be sure if it really was accidental or not, I would let a CG or other qualified clone to handle the situation accordingly.

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: Let's say that in this scenario, I'm currently on duty. Since this is an in character scenario and I essentially exist in OOC, the CT would neither have to salute me nor would I care if they didn't.

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules: I would explain to them that the rules can't contain every single instance of FailRP as that is not possible and that common sense has a big part in deciding what is FailRP or not. As such, I would punish them accordingly and send them on their way.

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: I would do my best to understand what their problem with the punishment was as to see if it was an error on my part or not. If it wasn't an error on my part, I would calmly explain to them what caused the punishment to happen in more detail and then guide them to the forums to get their warn appealed if they still feel like they were truly wronged.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words): I firmly believe that my personal qualities, beliefs, and level of activity make me an ideal candidate for the staff position on the server. While it's been some time since I last held a staff role, I believe that with the right amount of assistance and dedication I will be able to learn quickly and effectively. To dig into the topic of my qualities and beliefs, I try to do my best of my ability to resolve conflict, enforce rules and overall foster a more positive and fun atmosphere in the spaces I am a part of for everyone involved. I think it's important to strike a fine balance between being serious/maintaining professionalism while also maintaining approachability in a lighthearted manner to make resolution of any concerns or issues easier. On another hand, I believe I can be a productive and good contributor to the server in more ways than one. For one, I am willing to do things more than just staff sits, i.e assisting event planners during events, other staff members or generally brainstorming creative ideas to enhance the overall player experience. Furthermore, I believe that my previous ranks in CG and Medic show my willingness to commit to a position for a fair amount of time and do well in it without any kind of bias in the decisions I've made during my time in said positions. In general I try my best to take in criticism and I do my best to keep myself as helpful as I can be to people around me as I believe that truly taking in criticism and truly bettering from it is something that someone in a staff position should do their best to have.

Denied

Staff Applications are now closed.

Leeds United GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Happy Premier League GIF by Leeds United

tenor.gif

Spoiler

Current Ranks

CWRP Staff Manager

Jedi Champion

Army Commandant

Sith Initiate

Past Ranks