Dimmy

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/) :

STEAM_0:097554721

Age when applying:

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone:

UK, BST

Can you speak and type English fluently:

Yes I can

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time):

N/A – server not open yet

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP:

Will be a part of the Civil Worker’s Union once the server opens

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak:

Yes, I will usually speak as it is easier.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since:

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums:

I am not that active on the Teamspeak at the minute but am more active on the forums.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link ). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen):

State the role of staff on the server:

The role of staff is to ensure that players have a smooth experience on the server. This includes removing/dealing with players who have no intent to roleplay properly. Staff are also there to help users when they have problems with understanding certain aspects of the gamemode.

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+):

City 24 is located in present day Geneva in Switzerland. Cities like C24 are administered by the Universal Union, which is the combine force that administrates the Earth’s main cities. The UU is ran by advisors which control both the military and political actions of the combine; with their puppet leader being Wallace Breen. City 24 is quite similar to much of Nazi Germany and fascist Italy in terms of its propaganda presence throughout the whole city. As well as this, many cities in the Half Life universe are run down and have a lack of amenities within households i.e. only having basic tables, chairs and wardrobes as well as a TV which would only show propaganda (shown in Half Life 2 with Wallace Breen being the prominent figure on the only TV channel). In comparison city 24 has a few regions that are very well maintained, and these apartments are reserved for some of the more elite members of society. For those who are considered anti-citizens within the universe would be constrained to lower quality households or even the expansive underground of the city. Furthermore, C24 is unlike other cities when it comes to the combine headquarters; the combine are located in an underground nexus that is built into the main administration building of the city whereas in other cities the nexus is a sprawling and massive building which overlooks the entire city.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?

They have not been posted yet

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?:

They have not been posted at the time of the application

List of all previous server staff experience:

WW2 – Super Admin in 2015-2016

SWRP – Event Manager in 2016

Jailbreak – Senior Admin in 2019

List of all previous RP experience:

SWRP Universal Gaming – Grand Admiral

SWRP Werwolf Gaming – Fleet Lt. Commander

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him:

Yes

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him:

Sent request at time of application

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him:

Yes

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?

Yes

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people:

Firstly, I would check the console to see if there is a player killing a lot of people, I would then teleport to them to see where they are killing people. I do this to get the context for the situation as it could be rebels attacking CPs and they are just firing back. Otherwise, I would then freeze the player and bring them to a secluded area of the map where no players can easily access. I would then proceed to ban the player depending on the amount of people that they killed; I would also take into fact that they could be a new player or whether they are experienced but this would be unlikely if the player RDMing is CP or lambda (more likely a civilian who might’ve crafted/found a pistol)

2) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction:

This has not really been clarified yet however (atm) I would explain that the factions they could join would be Civil Protection as well as the Civil Workers Union from their civilian role. I would then say that they could “become” a member of the rebel faction by just rebelling against the combine by hiding other resistance members, supplying resistance, or even crafting illegal items and setting up anti-propaganda towards the combine.

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around:

I would noclip over to them and tell them that they shouldn’t be messing about and that they should be RPing properly. If they weren’t new to the server I would warn them if they FailRPed pretty bad when they were messing about since they would know the rules by then. If they were relatively new I would only give a verbal warning.

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly:

As a staff member I am considered to be an OOC role so I would deal with the player if they were RDMing or considered to be FailRPing/not abiding by FearRP. However, the IC part (unless I was in a position to deal with it) would be dealt with by someone in the relevant role; they would be informed by myself and then it would be sorted out.

5) A player is prop spamming:

Prop spamming is considered an attempt to crash the server, so it is an permanent ban. Obviously I would check if the player in question is not just trying to spawn in a dupe in which case this is not prop spam if it is a massive build.

6) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC:

If they were new to the server, I would give them a verbal warning and explain how they would get a better outcome out of the same RP situation. On the other hand, if they weren’t new, I would warn them for FailRP (tier 1 or tier 2 depending on the severity of the situation) and potentially a warn for Metagaming as well if they start to use IC information that they wouldn’t know (i.e. exact locations of resistance bases or the identities of resistance members)

7) You bring a player into a sit and punish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing:

I would explain that the staff’s decision is final but I would be open for debate if they wanted to. If they felt that it was completely unfair, I would direct them to the forums for the unban/unwarn section where they could get other staff/player’s opinions and then hierarchy would get the final say.

8) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules:

Similar to that of my response to the previous question I would debate with the user what the guidelines/rules say for the situation. If there is still conflict with the warn I would consult a higher ranking staff member to come and help with deciding whether the warn is fair.

9) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules:

I would contact a higher ranking staff member; potentially a member of hierarchy as they have more control over the rules of the server and how they would change. I would do this as they can also talk to the player and decide whether the rule breaking is deserving of a warn or a ban. Furthermore, this could also be fixed in the rules if hierarchy are involved with the situation.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:

Tier 1 rule breaking (on WW2 anyway) is when a user who is new to the server may have made an unintentional error or the whole situation may have been a misunderstanding. Whereas tier 2 warnings are given to users who intentionally and constantly break rules. Tier 2 warnings also include players who have been already punished with a tier 1 warn recently and can often lead in bans.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two:

IC stands for In Character and concerns the RP within the half life universe. OOC stands for Out of Character and is to do with everything that is not roleplayed out by players. This relates to meta gaming which is where a player uses OOC information (i.e. where a fake entrance to the underground city is) in an IC situation (i.e. knowing where the fake entrance is as civil protection without people told about it existing)

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:

Serious RP is where the players remain In Character the whole time that they are on the server (with the exception of staff sits etc.). This is achieved in classic half life rp servers by not allowing access to voice chat. The difference with Semi-Serious is that players are not expected to always act as if their character would in that universe which allows for more fun as combine are quite serious and emotionless (OTA) due to surgery to augment their behaviour (meaning they wouldn’t have to stick to this characteristic)

4) Define PassiveRP and explain its role and importance in a serious RP gamemode, also explain your view on the two within our gamemode:

PassiveRP is any roleplay that is not revolved around combat. This includes roleplay within the Civil worker’s union i.e. medical roleplay by completing surgeries or basic check-ups to running businesses and selling items to civilians. Crafting is also considered to be passive RP. I believe Passive RP is pretty important as it fills in the gaps between combat where players would normally get pretty bored. Moreover, passiveRP is important for diversifying roleplay and really makes the universe as realistic as possible.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting:

Combat baiting is where players purposefully attempt to get into combat with others. For instance, rebels could purposefully hold out their weapons in an area with a lot of CPs causing them to engage each other without a proper RP reason as they wouldn’t realistically sacrifice themselves and the lack of weapons that they have. Furthermore, CPs could enter the underground of the city for no apparent reason and find rebels to shoot up; this would also be combat baiting.

6) Define Power Gaming / Power RP:

Power gaming is used in conjunction with /me roleplay. For example, if two players have agreed to simulate a fight using /me (e.g. /me hits the CP in the eye blinding him for a few seconds) then what their actions are should be realistic. An example of the actions not be realistic is “/me grabs the CP’s head and snaps it immediately” since a random civilian cannot just do this and the chances of rebels being able to do this is also very unlikely.

7) Define the term FailRP:

FailRP is anything that doesn’t make sense in regard to someone’s character as well as the server’s context. For example, having a name such as Gordon Freeman would be considered a FailRP name.

8) Define the term FearRP: 

FearRP is what happens when someone has a gun pointing at you or if they have a bigger gun than you (when you have a gun out already) and you start shooting them. You cannot do this as they are superior to you in terms of firepower so you “fear” them and do what they say.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

You should pick me for the staff team as I am an extremely friendly player and I try to be as sensible as possible, whilst also trying to have a bit of fun in both my roleplay and staffing. I always enjoy helping people be it with some of the server’s new and exciting concepts or the basics of serious roleplay to an inexperienced player. Furthermore, I am quite a confident and sociable person and these strong assets give me an advantage in game in both RP and staffing since I will be able to effectively deal with sits. Furthermore, communicating with other members of the staff team would be made easier thus making me more of a desirable candidate for staff since I would work better with people. This is even more suitable since I know some of the staff team already so working well with them would be easier for me than a completely new staff team that I do not know anyone in. I can translate this to teamspeak as well which makes communication between staff much better.

Over the years that I have played Garry’s mod I have accumulated a lot of experience with ULX. This allows me to bring tips and strategies to the staff team that some may not know already. Furthermore, since I have been ranks like super admin on WW2 means I have experience with administrating serious (ish) RP servers. Furthermore, my time as event manager on SWRP many moons ago allows me to see staffing from both IC and OOC meaning I can often see situations from multiple sides thus making my sits more efficient.

Other skills I bring to the table is that I am very hardworking and dedicated; this can be applied to the server as I will be able to spend a lot of time on the server. This is obviously because of Covid-19 and my college exams being cancelled so I do not have to spend time focusing on exams that would have been happening later this month. Moreover, I am going to Uni later this year meaning I have more free time during certain days meaning I can go on the server and staff on some of the more uncommon times.

I previously talked about being sensible however I also realise that sometimes everyone needs to lay back a bit. I will often do this in some of my staffing sits since it is also good to be comfortable with the playerbase which can make sits better as staff and players understand each other and potentially the processes involved.

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years in age or older. ☑️

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly. ☑️

- You must have at least four (4) days of play time. N/A

- You must have 10 or fewer warns. ☑️

- You must not be banned when you apply. ☑️

- You must not advertise your application in any way. ☑️

- You must not copy anything from other applications. ☑️

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

+1

Nice person, already plused oned is app before 

Deserves a chance

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif