Surfy

Unfair ban

Your In-game name:Surfy 

Your Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:96367663

Reason of the ban: AMRDM

Date you were banned on:20/07/2020

Duration of ban:1 Week

Admin who banned you :Luminara

Explain the situation of your ban from your point of view in detail: Anyone can see that I didn't do it on purpose I KOSed a cadet that the server says you need to do but i accidentally hit other people.

Do you think your ban was justified: I did make a mistake and I should've been punished with kick or a ban but not for a week it should've been 2/3 days.   

Why should you be unbanned:   i dont think i should be unbanned but atleast reduced

Any kind of evidence: Dont have evidence but most people in DU can Testify

Additional information: another person did the same thing but didnt accidentally hit other people and he got banned but then unbanned immediately after

A typical AMRDM punishment is a week ban. It isnt something that Solaire just gave you on the spot; it is a set punishment. Also, you were camping the cadets spawn as your DU job even though you were an EC. Killing cadets over and over again isnt going to stop them from running out of spawn and you should've called a staff. When you saw a cadet run to debrief, instead of deciding to not shoot him, you gun him down with your minigun which, as a result of this, meant that several of your shots hit people in the debrief. Since you hit multiple normal players, this is called AMRDM and that is where the 1 week ban came from.

Current Ranks:                                                                  Previous Ranks

Happy                                                                                    Less happy

2 minutes ago, Navas said:

A typical AMRDM punishment is a week ban. It isnt something that Solaire just gave you on the spot; it is a set punishment. Also, you were camping the cadets spawn as your DU job even though you were an EC. Killing cadets over and over again isnt going to stop them from running out of spawn and you should've called a staff. When you saw a cadet run to debrief, instead of deciding to not shoot him, you gun him down with your minigun which, as a result of this, meant that several of your shots hit people in the debrief. Since you hit multiple normal players, this is called AMRDM and that is where the 1 week ban came from.

AMRDM is that i intentionally tried to MRDM ,my point that it was accidental it shouldn't be removed but reduced

+1

People will say I'm biased but frankly from what I saw it was completely accidental, the supposed "attempted mass RDM" never happened, context is important and in this instance it was not an attempt to RDM, it was an attempt to do something which the server itself ENCOURAGES, granted, staff should have been called to deal with the issue, but can you really punish a player for doing what the server tells you to do, KOS cadets that run out of the room and, in turn, ACCIDENTALLY striking others, punishment was warranted, for sure, however treating this as a solid AMRDM case as opposed to an accidental mishap is unjustified, the ban should be reduced in my eyes and if staff should be called, then perhaps changing the KOS sign to contact staff would be a better idea, given that at the moment people will turn to KOS over contacting staff for the simple fact that's what they're told to do by text screens put up BY staff.

Additionally it shows that since I was banned then instantly unbanned that the situation was dealt with instinctively and in turn a mistake was made, it further proves that accidents happen, and we can't just blindly punish people for innocent mishaps, the way this was dealt with, especially afterwards when myself and Surfy were MOCKED and treated like dirt when the admin in question was asked to discuss what happened, note this wasn't a request me or Surfy made, but another DU to get the full story on what occurred, bottom line however, I can understand why the ban was given, and I do believe punishment was justified and warranted, though I feel the punishment should be reduced under the pretense that it was accidental.

+1

Didn't realize u were tryna kill a CC. Wasn't rly your fault. Maybe reduce the ban

GM LCPL 03.03.24 - 

Previous Ranks

GM Colonel 13.09.19 – 19.03.20 DU Colonel 19.03.20 - 07.05.20 CG LCPL 18.07.20 - 25.07.20

Jedi Blade Warrior 08.03.20 - 26.08.20 Deathrun Senior Admin 24.04.20 - 05.03.21

DarkRP Senior Mod 02.04.21 - 12.04.21

I do not agree with everyone saying this should be a 7 day ban. We are encouraged to shoot cadets running around outside of the cadet area, and not only that, but this cadet was minging aswell. And when a minging cadet runs into a briefing, and someone steps out of their way to help everyone out by doing what we have been told to, aka killing the cadet ruining the briefing in this situation, noone can say that he was doing the wrong thing. Now, on his weapon of choice, it is extremely stupid to take out the minigun and use this to take down a cadet in a massivly populated area. But it was still a accident, and he should not get banned for 7 days for a stupid mistake. Sure ban him for a day or two to make him remember, but 7 days?

Current ranks

ICRP

ISF Sec. Sup. Lt. COL

Junior Developer

Previous ranks

DU Commander | Battalion Warrant Officer | CWRP

Fleet Commander + Fleet Temp Commodore | IRP

Super Admin | Lead Mentor | IRP v1 - IRP v2 (2 yrs)

Fleet Commodore & Temp Rear Admiral | IRP v2

Rebel General | IRP v1

T Shock Commander | IRP v1

Shock Captain | TRP

Moff | TRP

Rebel Major | TRP

CFU Deputy Director | HLRP

Vegilantes Lead Agent | Gamemaster faction | HLRP

Moderator | Gamemaster | Discord moderator | HLRP

"https://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=oy0TUwGba9Q"

Skjermbilde 2022-03-18 185218.png

20220619211312_1.jpg

Skjermbilde 2022-08-03 124245.png

Accepted,

The ban will be reduced, but keep in mind there should be some kind of punishment but not something nearly as harsh as this and I will set it back down to 3 days, it was quite clear it was accidental but please be extra cautious as I know in the past certain things like this have happened.

had to remove signature because of romanian censorship

Spoiler

orangutan.thumb.png.602726c88cce337e9ba2741fe9bf2819.png