TommyK195

Unwarn request

Template

My In-Game name: GC ARC Captain Tommy

STEAMID: (http://steamidfinder.com) STEAM_0:0:174374752

Steam Name: TommyK195

What is the reason for your Warn: Supposedly ARDM

Name of the staff member who warned you: Shumacher

Why do I believe that I should be unwarned: Last week in EC room, i shot twice at someone as a commando droid with 2.5k HP, with no intention to kill anybody, hence why i stopped shooting after 2 bullets and I got warned which I think is slightly unreasonable considering what happened in the EC room about an hour ago from when this was posted. In EC room, 501st were using thermal detonators and committing Mass RDM, yet seeming as if they are allowed to do that because they only (barely) got a verbal warning for killing a many people which was seen in the logs and by many people who were already in the EC room and didn't die. I'm sure someone has it clipped and will link it underneath.

Current Ranks

GM

Previous Ranks

GC Executive Officer

GC ARC Colonel

+1

Its a bit overkill, he only shot someone twice in the EC room. I understand this is done to try and prevent people killing each other in the EC room but at least give him a verbal warning.

Current Ranks:

Previous Ranks:

21st Commander - Jedi Paladin - 74th AMO - Battalion Captain - GM Colonel

+1 

I dont think I have ever seen an event where ECs dont shoot each other in the EC Room Kinda stupid

Current Ranks

Jedi Knight 501st SOF Captain Lord Inquisitor Engineering Corps SFC Medic

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fs15jctajrzabnki0p

So because you didn't have intention to kill someone, you think you don't deserve to be warned for intentionally breaking the rules and shooting someone? I really don't see the logic there. You still commited RDM, by attacking someone else, you just didn't kill them therefore you only got warned for ARDM.

Fair enough you think that the 501st should get punished as well if they were throwing detonators and killing people. But that doesn't resolve you of your actions. If you see someone breaking the rules in the EC room, call staff or inform the event planner.

Past ranks:

Nobody cares

+1

Bean explained it perfectly, you dont warn for that in the EC room in my opinion otherwise alot of people would get warned for ARDM

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

5 hours ago, Torbjørn said:

If you see someone breaking the rules in the EC room, call staff or inform the event planner.

and that's what i did, and the staff member who answered my claim did nothing. That gives me no other choice than to believe that ARDM is more severe than MRDM. Not saying my actions weren't wrong, it's just that i'd expect other people to receive the same treatment and get warned.

Current Ranks

GM

Previous Ranks

GC Executive Officer

GC ARC Colonel

I don't know,the enforcement of OOC rules in staff room was always poor. While I agree that you should not have acted that way, a verbal warning to stop would be enough to stop it. As for the MRDM claim, no idea wasn't on at the time and staff should have noticed it especially the EP holding you there. Also if you really only shot him twice without actually having the goal of killing him, it shouldn't be much of a problem to remove the warn and leave it there. Keep in mind this is my opinion I was not present at the time.

baljeep1.jpg.ae11bf4d436bdc4308ed4957b7a389a8.jpg

This is just my opinion, but first we need to understand what RDM means, it stands for Random Death Match, ARDM therefore means attempted random death match, so if you did not had intentions to attempt to create a random death match with another player and you just shot him twice without that intent, then the warn should be removed, just my op tho.

Edited by Mort
added a word that was missing

GIF.gif.6b57fe7174bea0652968163709850171.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------
Current Ranks
Jr Developer
CF-99 Squad Leader

Former Ranks
IRP Executive Administrator
Fleet Commodore
Dark Council
501st ARC Colonel
Master of the Order
RRD Researcher

---------------------------------------------------------------

On 9/5/2020 at 1:02 PM, Torbjørn said:

So because you didn't have intention to kill someone, you think you don't deserve to be warned for intentionally breaking the rules and shooting someone? I really don't see the logic there. You still commited RDM, by attacking someone else, you just didn't kill them therefore you only got warned for ARDM.

Fair enough you think that the 501st should get punished as well if they were throwing detonators and killing people. But that doesn't resolve you of your actions. If you see someone breaking the rules in the EC room, call staff or inform the event planner.

Torbjorn summed it perfectly.

had to remove signature because of romanian censorship

Spoiler

orangutan.thumb.png.602726c88cce337e9ba2741fe9bf2819.png