African Boi

Jared's 2nd Batt App

-Out of Character Section -

Steam Name: Jared

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51564651

Current rank on the server: VC

What is your playtime: (1 Week - Minimum): 6 weeks and 3 days

Do you have a microphone, is it good quality: yes, and it is good quality.

Have you read and looked through the Battalion Handbook: Yes, on a few occasions.

Do you meet the requirements: Yes.

Quick summary about you: My name is Jared, i live in South Africa and i am currently 19 years old. I'm studying through mostly online courses and I also play cricket semi-professionally. I have been playing Gmod for a while now and love hanging out in discord and chatting to fellow members of DU and members of other regiments. I’m also a big star wars fan and enjoy the server. Gaming for me is a way to relax and I have always enjoyed connecting with other people and relish the moments that come with it.

In Character Section -

In-Game name: DU Vice Commander Jared

Highest rank obtained: DU Vice Commander

What current rank do you have:  DU Vice Commander

What is your current regiment: Dooms Unit

Why should we pick you for Battalion: I've always loved the idea of Battalion. I really enjoy leading and the idea of coordinating a mass amount of people sounds fun and like something I would enjoy. I enjoy being under pressure and feel as if I can lead effectively and make good decisions.

I also like interacting with people. I have good people's skills and I derive pleasure from communicating with others. I'm a big believer in listening before speaking and never shun someone for their opinions. I don't have a temper and never lose it to someone or something.

I love helping people and ensuring everyone is on the same page and enjoys their time. I always ask fellow members if they need help regarding any issues and make sure the regiment comes first. 

I'm always open to change and growth, I love feedback and criticism. I never take anything to heart but rather learn and adapt.

I'm a very loyal person. I've been in DU for a long time and love this regiment to bits. I'm also transparent, aka i wont say something that i don't feel, I'm not afraid to speak out or speak my mind.

Another reason I think I'm fit for this position is because after I was banned permanently, I never thought people would take me seriously. Yes it was unfortunate and shouldn't have happened but it allowed me to show my true colors. I was able to get MOTW 5 times and managed to get trial EXO and then perm while up against some stiff competition such as Dyno, Camby and Razor who are all excellent and great peeps. And after Marcus resigned I was able to get the VC position.

Describe the roles and responsibilities of Battalion: Battalion are role models and must act with professionalism and take responsibility for all actions they make. When battalions are on base their job is to make sure the base is running smoothly and must grant or deny requests troopers make. Battalion must also perform training for their regiments and make sure they are in top shape. They must make sure that all cadets are accounted for and must monitor who is in the cadet area. Battalion must roam the base and make sure regiments are being productive and doing something to benefit their troopers. Their main purpose is to lead events correctly and efficiently, they must be concise and confident with orders they give. Higher ranked battalion must ensure the battalion itself runs smoothly and make sure lower battalions are mentored correctly.

Have you ever been demoted, banned or kicked: I have been banned before in the past for player pulling but un-banned after I gave evidence that i didn't do it and that i was strictly against it, hence why i'm here today. 

Do you understand that Battalion is a very respectable and disciplined rank: Yes.

What do Battalion do during Combat, when they are not leading? Battalion must remain with their assigned regiments and support them in battle, however they must not assume control over the regiment they are supervising, the commanding officer from the regiment is in charge of that. But he can give orders he thinks will benefit troopers, such as placing a trooper on a barricade.

What are the 3 duties a Battalion Officer Cadet has to complete before getting promoted as part of his mentoring session?

Lead a base attack

Call and perform a good debrief

To perform a mandatory training

What is the job of the Co-Leader during events? The Co-lead must grant or deny minor requests, as the main leader is tasked with making sure all regiments are doing what they are instructed and does not have time to grant all small requests. They may make major decisions with regards to grants and denials but only from permission from the main leader. They may also give any suggestions they think will help sway the battle in their favor

Anything else: Thanks for reading my app!

Edited by Jared
spelling error

Current Rank:

[Battalion Captain]

SWRP Event Planner

Previous Ranks:

[DU Commander]

+1

Stoef v2? We need more South Africans in here to be honest. I may be wrong but pretty sure I have never heard anything bad about this guy. He is super friendly and has really increased his playtime recently, evidence for activity. No reason why you shouldn't deserve a shot.

PurpleKids.gif.0a3f2d977cda278c5a9b304fa2f2b480.gif

+1

Personally I think you would be a great fit for battalion. Strong leader from the ARC evals and reaching VC is no easy feet so it shows you are at least understanding of what you must do in a high position. My only issue would be your understanding of frontline assaults. Coming from DU, you understand the defensive side, but I havent seen you work with other regiments. My suggestion is gain some knowledge from 501st, 212th or 327th by taking part in a training or two. 

Good luck

+1

Decent playtime, gained the rank of Vice Commander and whilst i have never really spoken to you personally, at least not that i remember, you seem like a real nice guy and the good feedback by other members of Battalion is good. Your application is decent and your competence after your perma ban is admirable.

Best of luck with your app

Current Ranks:

Previous Ranks:

21st Commander - Jedi Paladin - 74th AMO - Battalion Captain - GM Colonel

+1

This guy is extremely inactive, incompetent, and unfunny. If this man gets battalion, I would be extremely grateful that I do not have to deal with him on a day to day basis in DU. Jokes aside, he is very active, hardworking, competent, and good at leading. His confidence is admirable and he is honestly one of the best picks for battalion. I would also like to say, just because DU is a "defensive regiment", does not mean that we are always on the backlines defending. In DU, we generally always have two squads, a frontline and a defense. From my experience, Jared is incredibly good at leading the frontline squads. On multiple occasions, DU has received battalion recommendations in debriefs for Jareds work. He truly is one of the unsung heroes on the server. 

𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝘼𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙙
104th ET - 04/05/21 - ??/??/??
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 06/02/21 - ??/??/??

1911682637_AnimatedGIF-downsized_large.gif.823491e9699d09dc6cd101127ae88216.gif

Spoiler

Previous Ranks:
35𝘵𝘩 𝘌𝘹𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘖𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘳
𝘊𝘛/𝘈𝘙𝘊 𝘔𝘑𝘙
212𝘵𝘩/𝘚𝘛 𝘊𝘗𝘛
𝘑𝘦𝘥𝘪 𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘳 - 05/09/20 - 23/04/21

𝘋𝘜 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 - 26/07/20 - 03/05/21

+1

Everything has been said about this guy in Dyno's reply. 100% the best pick for Batt out of all the applicants(and previous applicants).
I'm sure that if he would be chosen he would far surpass those on his level as well as above him.

1137912632_weirdthing.gif.dc9b364189576d11a2c563532522e930.gif

+1

Everyone's already said everything that needs to be said. The guy is the most qualified applicant this time around and he deserves Battalion. The dude's worked his ass off to build himself back up on the server and while he has achieved DU VC for it he deserves so much more.

Pending

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battalion Command has decided to put your application of pending. This is to allow DU's hierarchy to become a little more stable before you leave. You will be accepted whenever there is next a space in battalion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------