Broken Assembly

Perma-Banned for non-existant rule

Yes, I already had a thread but that was for understanding what I got banned for because the ban notice lacked any info.

Readme:

I did not directly violate any rules on advertising because there are none that effect the SCP RP server. The Rules Specifically state "If a "rule" is not listed in the ruleset then it is not a rule" so there is no way my advertising directly violated any rules. Yet I still got perma-banned with no sign of an appeal being accepted

now quit saying there are unspoken rules in the SCP Server, the rules say there are none your point is invalid.

Your name in-game:
Broken Assembly
Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:220646980
Admins' name that banned you:
(Unknown not listed)
Admin's steamID:
(Unknown)
Why did you get banned?:
I was banned for advertising a youtube channel
Why do you deserve to be unbanned?:
There is no rule in the rule book that states that says advertising is against the rules. This is the current rule book for the SCP server which is what I will be referencing.

First of all, there is no clear rule that even says anything related to advertising, I feel like to be permabanned when I only have 4 warns for a rule that does not exist is ridiculous. I don't disagree with the idea that I did something wrong, but I don't think I should have been perma-banned, I was told in the original thread that a mod that goes by Norra verbally warned me however, I can find no evidence of this warn. The rule specify that LTAP causes your punishment to have a 2 day ban appended to it, so if it is to be assumed that I LTAPed I still did not commit a perma-banable offense. Second, at the bottom of the rules it specifies

If a "rule" is not listed in the ruleset then it is not a rule.

so why did I even get anything but a 2 day ban for a possible LTAP in the first place. Third, I advertised the channel because I liked it and it was ending that day during a live stream I had/have no association with the youtube channel. I gained nothing by promoting it, the final live stream lacked ads, thus the youtube channel gained nothing monetary from people watching. What I had done was more akin to a Subscribe to PewDiePie meme and not like promoting my own product.

Anything else?:

I think there needs to be another way to prove chat in an ban / unban request, people don't just randomly screenshot chat.
Edited by Broken Assembly

*sigh*

Ever heard of Loopholing rules? Just because its forbidden to advertise, lets say, gmod servers, doesnt mean you can advertise websites or youtube channels, like that one feller did and got himself permabanned for advertising websites. I hate to say it, but this rule is very heavily enforced and we have to follow them.

-1 for now. Still gotta wait for the staff who banned ya to reply so i can at least change my verdict accordingly.

Hi i banned you for it 🙂 you had been saying in OOC chat telling people to watch the youtube and buy their merch. Norra has told you to stop before and you had waited until Norra had gotten off the server so when i joined i was told you had started again and got proof you had. So i took the proof too SMT who then ordered your permban. 

1 hour ago, Makarov said:

*sigh*

Ever heard of Loopholing rules? Just because its forbidden to advertise, lets say, gmod servers, doesnt mean you can advertise websites or youtube channels, like that one feller did and got himself permabanned for advertising websites. I hate to say it, but this rule is very heavily enforced and we have to follow them.

-1 for now. Still gotta wait for the staff who banned ya to reply so i can at least change my verdict accordingly.

There is no loophole here, there simply, are no rules that address advertising at all.

1 hour ago, Azazel Keenan said:

Hi i banned you for it 🙂 you had been saying in OOC chat telling people to watch the youtube and buy their merch. Norra has told you to stop before and you had waited until Norra had gotten off the server so when i joined i was told you had started again and got proof you had. So i took the proof too SMT who then ordered your permban. 

You're overthinking the fact that I joined and left the server, I joined at the begging of the stream, promoted it (I recall mentioning merch once. I tried to AVOID promoting their merch so thus brought it up once as more a side note), the joined hours later to promote it. This was meant more or less as a joke and the second join hours later was suppose to sound like asking why you weren't watching after you were already told. I didn't wait for Norra to get off or for any admin to leave the server, I joined at a random time later not even recalling I had a warning from a mod. Even if I was trying to avoid that mod why would you think that I think that joining later would cause another warning and not punishment.

I also got a quick question, you said you were order to ban me by SMT, would that mean (assuming SMT is a group and not a single person) I would have to try appealing my ban to an SMT member if I ever wanted to get unbanned?

Advertising will result with a ban. What you did was advertising. If you were told to stop by SMT you listen to them. They know what is allowed and what is not allowed.

12 minutes ago, Broken Assembly said:

There is no loophole here, there simply, are no rules that address advertising at all.

You see just because there are no "written" rules doesn't mean that there are rules regarding that subject. Those rules are called "unwritten rules" or "unspoken rules". Perhaps you have heard about those. 

Then explain why others have been banned for advertising? They did it as jokes n shit yet they got banned permanently for that. 

First rule says you can not advertise and shit. Sure it is not a specific rule within the server however, it is still a rule. If you promote or advertise another server, community, youtube channel etc you will be banned.

I do not have to write anymore. Azazel explained perfectly why you were banned. You advertised and it is on you.

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

26 minutes ago, Kvisten said:

You see just because there are no "written" rules doesn't mean that there are rules regarding that subject. Those rules are called "unwritten rules" or "unspoken rules". Perhaps you have heard about those. 

Then explain why others have been banned for advertising? They did it as jokes n shit yet they got banned permanently for that. 

2 hours ago, Makarov said:

Ever heard of Loopholing rules? Just because its forbidden to advertise, lets say, gmod servers, doesnt mean you can advertise websites or youtube channels

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but there is no such as thing as "Unwritten rules", for this server atleast, it's just that most of the time you don't realize that even though it doesn't appear to be against the rules, it's actually covered by 3-4 rules (For instance, Failrp, it's a general, vague rule, that covers most things.) In this case, the rules broken were "Trolling" and Refusing to listen to staff and community T.O.S. 

I don't understand why you guys make up stuff. 

For the thread itself, I'm leaving a +1 for a reduced ban, maybe 1 week - 3 days? It was honestly a minor thing and I see no reason why they just didn't mute him.

Also, add the Advertising rule to rule set, and all the other missing shit, thanks. 

chrome_7H3a7Ltrjc.png

2 hours ago, Kvisten said:

Advertising will result with a ban. What you did was advertising. If you were told to stop by SMT you listen to them. They know what is allowed and what is not allowed.

First rule says you can not advertise and shit. Sure it is not a specific rule within the server however, it is still a rule. If you promote or advertise another server, community, youtube channel etc you will be banned.

I do not have to write anymore. Azazel explained perfectly why you were banned. You advertised and it is on you.

Every single time I am given an explanation on how I got banned for breaking an advertising rule the user always leaves something out.

First, you linked to the FORUM rules not the SCP RP server rules which is where the Advertising took place

Second, It is even stated in the rules that

so unspoken rules aren't allowed in the server

Third, there is no rule that disallows for advertising in the SCP RP server

The issues with my case is that there is no "Admin can decide to ban you for an offenses not listed" clause like in other Roleplay Servers and the rule cannot exist by the server's rules due to the "If a "rule" is not listed in the ruleset then it is not a rule" rule.

I want to make this clear to anyone that may reply

I did not directly violate any rules on advertising because there are none that effect the SCP RP server. The Rules Specifically state "If a "rule" is not listed in the ruleset then it is not a rule" so there is no way my advertising directly violated any rules. Yet I still got perma-banned with no sign of an appeal being accepted

*Cough* just because the rules show FORUM Rules doesnt mean it doesnt apply to ingame aswell, Every set of rules applied being discord, forum and ingame work hand in hand. Other than SCP rules cant be used on SWRP as they are different and have different structures which require different rules.

-1 Arguing in a Ban appeal CoCed to SMT which then ordered a Perma. which is just. simple please stay banned

6 hours ago, Bread said:

You can always talk to Harland about your ban about advertisement but he'll probably comm ban you

Harland? Who is he, how can I contact him?
Comm ban? Like an OOC ban?

6 hours ago, Twinkies said:

*Cough* just because the rules show FORUM Rules doesnt mean it doesnt apply to ingame aswell, Every set of rules applied being discord, forum and ingame work hand in hand. Other than SCP rules cant be used on SWRP as they are different and have different structures which require different rules.

-1 Arguing in a Ban appeal CoCed to SMT which then ordered a Perma. which is just. simple please stay banned

Why the fuck would new players decide to join the discord on forums? I didn't start using the forums until I had played for like a week when I first joined.

He is right it's not in the rules or at least I couldn't find it then again I can be blind sometimes. However he was told by staff not to do it and still did it. Ban is deserved just whether it should be a perma or it should be lowered can be debated about.

You don’t need to have specific rules to state something that is not allowed. Their are rules to not advertise a discord server as it clogged people’s DMs. The basis also for that rule is to prevent advertising but they focused on a main issue that was happening in the server at the time. 

Also, you were warned by a high ranking administrator to not advertise. You legit began to advertise after Norra got off. It doesn’t matter when you re started the advertising for this YouTube channel, you still got told the consequences by an admin if you continued and you still carried on. Werwolf servers don’t take it lightly for advertising of any sort, due to their high fan base and player count per day. You doing what you did, affected many people as it was in OOC to where all could see. That type of advertising to be exempt from the rules is absurd for anyone to think. No one is exempt from the rules and especially not you! You thinking that OOC advertising is allowed and DM advertising is not allowed is stupid.

The fact stands. You were warned to not do it and you still did it.  The ban is justified. You failed to listen to a staff member and in rules it does say that the staff members say is final. You failed to listen and paid the consequence. You saying you can advertise in OOC but not in DMs is like saying that you can prop block SCPs but you can’t prop block people. 

Your reasoning for an unban is stupid, you should of atleast asked for a ban reduce as asking for an unban is never going to happen. 

4 hours ago, LeadingRanger said:

You don’t need to have specific rules to state something that is not allowed.

Why does no one understand the concept of no unspoken rules exist because they are disallowed it says in the rules that there are no rules that are not listed in the rule set.

32 minutes ago, Broken Assembly said:

Why does no one understand the concept of no unspoken rules exist because they are disallowed it says in the rules that there are no rules that are not listed in the rule set.

Because the rules are incomplete, which in turn means that staff and SMT enforce rules that arent in the ruleset. Its also common sense not to advertise unless stated otherwise

The rule was on the loading screen and you were warned by staff to stop advertising. It's not like there weren't any signs of this so quit your whining. However I agree with the fact that the rule should also be added to the official server rules list so incidents like this do not occur again and it's honestly nothing that would take effort.

40 minutes ago, Broken Assembly said:

Not my problem, I have loading screen html disabled and that rule does not follow the rules in the ruleset rule.

How about you acknowledge everything else I said instead of just crying further about how it isn't in the rules?

There are many complaints on how you're banned because it's against the rules or common sense but my complaint is I don't feel like you should be unbanned if you're most likely gonna just hop back on and continue what you did before. Seriously nobody likes someone posting advertisements to their youtube channel.