John Synergy

SynergyJohn's Staff Application

Name: John Karpathakis

What country are you from?: Greece

How well do you speak and understand English?: Very well, it's my first language and I focus heavily on improving it through reading material.

SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:213581846

In-Game name(s):
John Synergy (For Foundation CL3+ jobs)
John Syn (For CL2-, Foundation Combat jobs, or Civilian)
Agent Kyriakos (For relevant "Agent" jobs in Foundation)
Team Executive Agent Synergy (For Global Occult Coalition)
Ioannis Kyriakos (For future whitelist jobs requiring names, including ???)

Play Time. Must be atleast 3 days. No exceptions(SCP-RP): 2 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours

Are you a VIP/PlatVIP?: Platinum VIP.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes I do.

Do you have TeamSpeak ( Required )?: Yes and I commonly use it.

Why should we pick you? (250 word minimum): 
I believe that I should be picked for staff for the simple reasons that I love RP and I love enforcing RP. While I do consider something like that quite important (especially when the servers are listed as RP servers) after playing a few combat jobs, I see that not everything is the same, and that was my main issue when I didn't want to apply. It was purely because I thought that I would be too one-sided in matters concerning sits and that it would cause unrest if I were to obtain the position.
Currently I'm extremely active, staying on the server for most of my free time and generally with the community. I dedicate the time to playing on various jobs such as HoEA, GOC and TSH while I'm currently looking for more passive jobs. I absolutely adore the direction all of these jobs have taken me and, even though SeriousRP isn't a necessity in every situation (such as simply cuffing a D-Class for getting out of CDC) I always try my utmost best to at least make sure the RP is somewhere visible so that new players can learn it and understand it. While I have had questionable moments with RP situations, including but not limited to: gray areas in raids, combat instead of attempting to negotiate etc., I feel these are overshadowed by the RP I do try and endorse and apply in my situations. Relating this to staff, I feel that I can be very neutral when it comes to situations like these where someone might call RDM, FailRP etc and I can see what the right call is.

How long will you be able to play per day?: At least 4-5 hours a day, more in school holidays.

Any past experience as staff?: Yes, I have been:
Administrator on Imperium Gaming
Administrator on Typhon Networks
Moderator on Revenant

Any previous warns/bans? If so why? (maximum of 15 warns, exceptions can be made.):
1 Warning for Accidental RDM due to miscommunication (Will get a screenshot later today)
image.thumb.png.0f488b6bc5571bb89fd355774937f401.png

Do you know the basic ULX commands Yes/No: Yes

Do you know what SCP-RP is about? (not just job descriptions): I do, the gamemode SCP-RP is about the everyday running of Foundation sites. As said many times before by many other people, it's not a Breach server, and focuses on the RP before and after a breach, rather than just getting breaches themselves. In addition to this, Groups of Interest bring a unique spin on it, having proper RP happening or proper consequences for lack of awareness.
Take Chaos Insurgency as an example. Instead of just being a brutal combat job, infiltrators can properly infiltrate and act as site staff, carrying out missions in secret or even aiding other operatives. This is already a massive contrast to Chaos Insurgency in Breach or simply SCP games in general, where it's all gung-ho with weapons and raids.

Do you understand the rules of SCP-RP(1 word is not an answer).: I do, I've made sure to read them in their entirety to understand what can and can't be done, and I feel that I won't falter even if I do get staff. It's not like I'd lose knowledge of the rules with it anyway, but with all the situations where my conduct within the rules has been called into question, it was usually a "gray area" as I said earlier in the application, leading to no warnings but also a question in the rules. None were malicious however.

Edited by John Synergy
Received a warn after making the app, really unfortunate.

+1

I trust you

Good experiences

Good knowledge

SCP-RP Positions

Sarkic Owner
24/02/2021 - 25/07/2021

20/02/2021 -> 22/03/2021

Senior Moderator
22/03/2021 -> 17/04/2021

Administrator
17/04/2021 -> 01/05/2021