Lando Lovelace

Are We Cool Yet? (Re-Suggestion)

lDisaWM.png?width=498&height=498

Are We Cool Yet?

Spoiler

What is AWCY?

Are We Cool Yet? is an artistic movement existing on the fringes of the international avant-garde, with roots in the early surrealist art movements of the late 19th and early 20th century and the growing scientific understanding and study of the anomalous that began to develop during that time. (For one man's account of how the movement came into its own, refer to the contest entry tale "Birth of the Cool".) The movement has no centralized leadership, no headquarters, very few traditions or conventions, and no official membership rolls or requirements - the only thing one need do to call oneself a member is to make art that employs, exploits, or revolves around anomalous objects, beings, or phenomena.

The organization of an AWCY? cell varies wildly from place to place. Many groups are organized into small salons led by a creative mastermind or a professional critic, while others are collectives with no clear leader, and some members prefer to work entirely on their own. In the opinions of some, it is not even necessary to know that the movement exists in order to be a part of it. The tendency of some such groups to produce highly visible public artworks that cause death, injury, or lasting psychological harm has led some to decry the entire movement as a bunch of "art terrorists", a label some of its members wear with pride, some repudiate entirely, and some wear ironically.

The largest and most visible gathering of AWCY? artists in any place or time is "Sommes-Nous Devenus Magnifiques?", a grand exhibition held every ten years since 1874, at which those "in the know" can gather to view and scrutinize a selection of some of the finest works in anomalous art produced over the previous decade. To have a work accepted is considered (by those who care about such things) to be one of the greatest achievements an an artist can attain in a career, and members of cells all around the world petition to have their works displayed.

Spoiler

Purpose on the Server

As the name and lore suggests, AWCY?'s main purpose will be spreading and creating art throughout the city. The Art is anomalous which can cause some "chaos" and will sort of annoy GOI's like the GOC and the Foundation, they will have to come up to surface to block off these art pieces or take them in to be researched/analysed. 

Relations:

Foundation: Hostile 

TSH: Neutral

CI: Neutral

GOC: Hostile 

MC&D: Neutral/Hostile

Spoiler

Loadout/Job Info

AWC?Y Artist

Weapons/Equipment 

M1911

MP9

All Cuffs

AWCY? Art/Painting SWEP

Few Entities (explained below)

Slots:2-3

AWCY? Leader

Weapons/Equipment 

M1911

MP9

All Cuffs

AWCY? Art/Painting SWEP

Few Entities (explained below)

Spoiler

Entities (F4 Menu)

With this i was hoping we could add "different paintings "like for example we have Joshy's AWCY? Swep maybe add another one. These would give off effects like healing or fire.

F4: AWCY Artist (AWCY? Members Immune)

SWEP: Joshy's AWCY? Swep

Healing: Small Radius, can heal from 0-110HP 

Spaz Entity (anomaly but reskinned into like a painting or something)

Fire Entity (Fire Anomaly)

Dance: Makes players "Locked" into the Default Gmod Dance for 10 Seconds (Note: They can equip Weapons)

F4: AWCY? Leader (AWCY? Members Immune)

SWEP: Joshy's AWCY? Swep

Healing: Small Radius, can heal from 0-110HP 

Fire Entity

Dance: Makes players "Locked" into the Default Gmod Dance for 10 Seconds (Note: They can equip Weapons)

Sound: Plays a high pitch sound that deals 4HP per second for 45 Seconds 

Player model: I don't know, will decide later 

2Q.png

Spoiler

Management/How to join

Owner Me (if you dont want me to be owner due to my reputation im happy to hand the group over to a non braindead person)

Manager: Ewan Bartmann (Banshee)

Vice Manager: Open/Looking

If interested DM me for management positions PurpleTunnel#4691

How To Join:

3 Ways

Tryouts

Held Rarely unless needed

Invites:

Given rarely and only to trusted people

Applications 

Apply using the Template:

OOC

RP Name:

SteamID:

Discord:

Playtime:

Warns:(Post Screenshot)

IC

Why do you want to join AWCY?:

What is AWCY?:

Backstory for your character(s):

Groups Of Interest Icons - International Translation Archive

Small Note: Yeah i get it, why not make a ??? Character instead, if TSH does get removed this would be a perfect fit and why not have a GOI like TSH Replace it.

Edited by Lando Lovelace

i have overdosed 4 times since being banned from scp rp

14 minutes ago, Lando Lovelace said:

if TSH does get removed this would be a perfect fit and why not have a GOI like TSH Replace it.

SMT said that they would remove two GOIs and work on the other two remaining GOIs to see how it all ends up. So ye suggesting a GOI before we have been given any kind of info of which GOIs that will be removed and what GOIs that will remain is not a great idea.

It feels like that this job will be played for like two weeks before this job dies. The job will be very boring after a short time of playing this job. Because all you do according to the purpose is " will be spreading and creating art throughout the city". Which sounds fucking boring. Especially when GOC will be like "OoGa BOgA we found anomaly and deal with those to make sure what kind of TE it is and deal with every AWCY member", CI would probably just steal your shit for their own usage, Foundation will just use FAs or NU-7 to find your shit and take em and MC&D will just take your stuff and sell them. All of these GOIs will rape AWCY because they are well armed and can easily take your stuff, kidnap you and just making the job borderline shit.

So essentially this is how this job will play out like:
Spawn on the surface, create & spread your anomalies around the city in buildings or on the surface. GOC, Foundation, CI and MC&D will find all the anomalies and take/destroy them while they will kill off every AWCY member or just take them as hostages. AWCY can't do shit because they are armed with low calibre rifles and a single pistol which will probably end up with the job crying that they are underpowered.

A job that is relies on sweps is just bad because if they are not getting their stuff that they want or if they won't work no one is going to play this and the job once again dies.

Management: Questionable at the most.

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

1 minute ago, Kvisten said:

CI would probably just steal your shit for their own usage, Foundation will just use FAs or NU-7 to find your shit and take em and MC&D will just take your stuff and sell them. All of these GOIs will rape AWCY because they are well armed and can easily take your stuff, kidnap you and just making the job borderline shit.

So essentially this is how this job will play out like:
Spawn on the surface, create & spread your anomalies around the city in buildings or on the surface. GOC, Foundation, CI and MC&D will find all the anomalies and take/destroy them while they will kill off every AWCY member or just take them

Reason to improve relations, GOC I understand along with Foundation. Same happened with TSH when they had commands, even happened with wands for a while 

2 minutes ago, Kvisten said:

AWCY can't do shit because they are armed with low calibre rifles and a single pistol which will probably end up with the job crying that they are underpowered.

i didn't want Swep Spamming super soldiers for a reason, like i said improve relations with MC&D or if needed just add better guns.

3 minutes ago, Kvisten said:

A job that is relies on sweps

As said before, i want a more passive (ISH) RP job, not a full on spray paint and spray and pray RP style 

1 hour ago, Kvisten said:

SMT said that they would remove two GOIs and work on the other two remaining GOIs to see how it all ends up. So ye suggesting a GOI before we have been given any kind of info of which GOIs that will be removed and what GOIs that will remain is not a great idea.

image.png.e7c31084af4552f9d18410dd0c762725.png

omg where can i get free CS loot????

4 minutes ago, Ivanskov | CSFreeloot.com said:

In short

AWCY? is shit.

Longer

AWCY? is still shit.

Anyways, some of the lore is pretty bad but AWCY? is a unique GOI, hence why its one of the most recognized 

Edited by Lando Lovelace

9 hours ago, Kvisten said:

GOC will be like "OoGa BOgA we found anomaly and deal with those to make sure what kind of TE it is and deal with every AWCY member", CI would probably just steal your shit for their own usage, Foundation will just use FAs or NU-7 to find your shit and take em and MC&D will just take your stuff and sell them. All of these GOIs will rape AWCY because they are well armed and can easily take your stuff, kidnap you and just making the job borderline shit.

Neutral

17 hours ago, Lando Lovelace said:

Sound: Plays a high pitch sound that deals 4HP per second for 45 Seconds 

Please no i have tinnitus

Also +1 , non combat oriented GOI , the only problem is the relationships , being hostile with Foundation and COG means they would constantly get ass raped , as much as i would love AWCY? back the others GOI currently on the server probably wont allow that

AWCY won't ever work on the server as a full blown GoI. ??? can or an event group can, but not a full group.

Pretty useless I feel.

Edit:

Point being, not a lot of people can RP without like major broken SWEPs and now that ??? is back and TSH is gone I feel like the server does not need a WL group that will have 10 members.

Edited by Mark Kuntson

Poop

13 hours ago, Lando Lovelace said:

omg where can i get free CS loot????

Anyways, some of the lore is pretty bad but AWCY? is a unique GOI, hence why its one of the most recognized 

Anyhow jokes aside, AWCY? never worked as full RP group.
AWCY? splits like M for M didn't work as well ( some might say otherwise, but my opinion it was horrible and i was in it ).

Generally AWCY? just flops on server.
It's not even about management or GOIs on servers. Imo AWCY? is too broad to work weirdly enough, hard to explain but generally saying the group doesn't mix well with server.

Not judging this stuff from your app or anything, just judging from my experience with AWCY? that we had on server ( every version of it ).

bro if you are going to use my thread at least use the TRANSPARENT VERSION OF THE LOGO

it bothers me a lot

lDisaWM.png.99d5adde4ec66e8cc812e9089640798b.png

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

After conversing with Lando regarding their place on the server, being that of creating anomalies, I feel it would actually be healthy for them to be added, as the GOC and Foundation will have to deal with more anomalies. With the matter of if they will just get camped by these two groups, I say that will you really just shoot them immediately if they're creating them? Do some RP, genuinely. Along with this, someone said MC&D will steal anomalies from them, but why? They can just pay for the "art" and take it. It can become somewhat of an economic group as MC&D can quite literally work with them. Pay for their art, keep it away from the public for a bit, then sell it.
All in all, I'm changing my neutral stance to a +1.

+1

if GOC removed also since TSH there is only one GOI to play.

I like the concept of AWCY? since Lando actually knows how the server plays and how it would work.

Personally seems more passive rp based which we need more in the community in my opinion.

Personally there is no reason to not trial this.

Dr Micheal Tackinlose ~ Ewan Bartmann

P.S

I know it says I’m management and +1ed it. I would like to add I did this message before I discussed to lando about management

Edited by Bansheey
Spoiler

Spoiler

On 12/16/2020 at 8:29 AM, Walter Alvarez said:

I will +1 this if GOC would get removed but only if. Because GOC would just constantly rape AWCY? so yea it's a neutral for now Lando. sry

Alright after thinking about this for a long time, I want to +1 this because in my opinion we need more Passive RP GOI`s.