[W-G] JH

327th Minigun Update

What your suggestion is: Buffing the current 327th Minigun and removing the other.

Scriptfodder/workshop link: N/A

Any additional information: 

Currently 327th have 2 Miniguns.

The "Old" 327th Minigun: weapon_chatterbox_minigun

The "New" 327th Minigun: wo_mini

We wish to put these two together so there is less clutter for our weapons. At the rank of CO, we get both miniguns. The new minigun was meant to be a replacement, and a buffed one, however it's positives are completely cancelled out by the lack of movement. I understand it is a minigun, however our frontlining capabilities with this weapon are little to 0 as you cannot move at a fast pace.

The old Minigun, is the only weapon that you can sprint and shoot with at the same time.

The new Minigun, only allows you to shoot at a slow march speed (Alt walking) and when holding sprint, you go as fast as normal march speed (Holding W) but cannot shoot.

We wish for the old minigun to be removed from 327th entirely, and for the new minigun to be buffed so we can shoot whilst sprinting. This is because the main reason you'd join 327th is to frontline with the minigun, so it should be our best utility to our disposal. (We have the AT-TE too but that is very situational).

I would prefer that to be done first and to see how it goes for a week or two, but if you consider it "Too OP" then to reduce it so it can be shot at a normal speed (Holding W) and sprinting (Shift) can still be performed but you cannot shoot at the same time.

giphy.webp

+1 
.The new minigun was supposed to be a replacement but really it wasn't as the speed is so slow
. When I use the minigun I feel like I am not able to push in as I'm walking into the enemies that's why we need to be able to run( you may say that you cant run with a minigun but you can if you watch clone wars).
.And you could say just use the old minigun but to be honest its a peashooter

Current Ranks                                     Past Ranks
                                           DT SGT                                         327th Commander                501st Temp Major        

Jedi Blade Warrior                            RRD Researcher                           CG SGT   
                                                                                                        41st SGT 

A minigun is a heavy as fuck weapon. Being able to sprint with it makes no sense. As for damage sure

Current Ranks

Jedi Knight 501st SOF Captain Lord Inquisitor Engineering Corps SFC Medic

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fs15jctajrzabnki0p

49 minutes ago, Nathan said:

A minigun is a heavy as fuck weapon. Being able to sprint with it makes no sense. 

There are multiple times in the clone wars where they sprint with a minigun, I only really care for being able to jog while shooting as you can't push in with the minigun that makes you alt walk speed. Aswell as this the damage is good but doesn't always make up for the speed it makes you while you fire it (alt walk speed)

allan saint maximin

56 minutes ago, Nathan said:

A minigun is a heavy as fuck weapon. Being able to sprint with it makes no sense. As for damage sure

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/653742077892624387/778951473500913664/Running_with_a_z6.mp4 
This video shows in clone wars a clone running with a minigun and the minigun we have is pretty small. Here is a photo 0b189f9488337b8a7f29da407952196d.jpg
https://gyazo.com/0b189f9488337b8a7f29da407952196d

Edited by Jenson_

DT SGT                                         327th Commander                501st Temp Major        

Jedi Blade Warrior                            RRD Researcher                           CG SGT   
                                                                                                        41st SGT 

19 minutes ago, Jenson_ said:

If it does get changed to the old minigun. I will be requesting 501st Shotgun the same change. 

Current Ranks

Jedi Knight 501st SOF Captain Lord Inquisitor Engineering Corps SFC Medic

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fs15jctajrzabnki0p

the only other viable weapon is the t 21 which is dead as it looks a fucking chode holy shit, anyways yeah please buff it and who cares nathan your shotgun is fucking op as fuck you nerd

Current Ranks

IRP Super Administrator (03/10/2021 - Current)
IRP Discord Staff Manager (21/02/2022 - Current)

IC System Commander (22/11/2021 - Current)

Previous Ranks

CWRP Executive Administrator (15/02/2020 - 03/10/2021)
CWRP Event Planner (20/04/2020 - 23/06/2020)

Head Medical Officer (12/06/2021 - 03/10/2021)
GC Temp Vice Commander (30/07/2020 - 19/08/2020)
Trial Head of Battalion (29/12/2019 - 20/12/2020)

104th Executive Officer (20/12/2020 - 12/06/2021)
74th Surgeon (18/08/2018 - 02/04/2019)

GC/ST Lieutenant (31/08/2017 - 27/09/2017)

+1

When we suggested a new minigun to 327th, we wanted it to be like the old one but far stronger, and not 2 miniguns. Frisby said he would remove the minigun which he forgot about i assume, and said that this minigun is already OP and doesn't need to be buffed to be able to sprint with it which i disagree with. A buff with the weapon to be able to sprint is good. However not make it sprint and shoot as that's stupid

Edited by Victor
Forgot to add some stuff

-Past Ranks

-No one cares

-anwarter

image0-8.gif

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

If it does get changed to the old minigun. I will be requesting 501st Shotgun the same change. 

501st shotgun is already usable and is the best utility in 501st, as it should be.

327th Minigun is not the best utility, needs buffing. 

501st shotgun doesn't need anymore buffing, it is already good. 327th Minigun needs a buff, so this is it.

giphy.webp

Buffs are cool and I'd sure want that if I was in 327th, but if you get this you might aswell remove "Heavy" from your regimental description. The minigun is the only regimental weapon that allows you to shoot while sprinting as a clone, why shouldn't weapons like the DC-15S have it too? Makes more sense compared to a minigun. Neutral as you haven't stated what changes it would go to be altered (stats). I would agree only if it makes the new minigun wildly innacurate while sprinting, talking about pre-buffed du minigun so good luck with that.

baljeep1.jpg.ae11bf4d436bdc4308ed4957b7a389a8.jpg

34 minutes ago, Blaster said:

, but if you get this you might aswell remove "Heavy" from your regimental description. The minigun is the only regimental weapon that allows you to shoot while sprinting as a clone, why shouldn't weapons like the DC-15S have it too? 

We don't want to be able to sprint while shooting, we just want to be able to Jog or run fast march speed if you will, it was requested as the newest minigun we received in our loadout can only walk alt walk speed while shooting which makes it a lot harder to push.

19 hours ago, [W-G] JH said:

but if you consider it "Too OP" then to reduce it so it can be shot at a normal speed (Holding W) and sprinting (Shift) can still be performed but you cannot shoot at the same time.

As it says here, we just want the movement to be like any other gun

Edited by Ferghh

allan saint maximin

ignore ferghh

Current Ranks

IRP Super Administrator (03/10/2021 - Current)
IRP Discord Staff Manager (21/02/2022 - Current)

IC System Commander (22/11/2021 - Current)

Previous Ranks

CWRP Executive Administrator (15/02/2020 - 03/10/2021)
CWRP Event Planner (20/04/2020 - 23/06/2020)

Head Medical Officer (12/06/2021 - 03/10/2021)
GC Temp Vice Commander (30/07/2020 - 19/08/2020)
Trial Head of Battalion (29/12/2019 - 20/12/2020)

104th Executive Officer (20/12/2020 - 12/06/2021)
74th Surgeon (18/08/2018 - 02/04/2019)

GC/ST Lieutenant (31/08/2017 - 27/09/2017)

ignore ferghh

41st SGT 

Make it so while holding out and running with the weapon you have the same movement speed as all other worms weapons

Sprinting and able to shoot is a stupid mechanic which only exists for one weapon, imo no weapon should copy it

If the devs think the weapon will be too strong and not have any downsides, add a revving mechanic to the weapon like the TF2 Heavy

It would be the only downside to the weapon but make the weapon a little bit more balanced 

So Excited Flirting GIF

Accepted.

The movement slow has been removed from the higher damage minigun and the weaker minigun has been removed from 327th.

Former Ranks and Stuff

Community Co-Owner

WW2-ORP Owner

CWRP Manager

IRP Manager

Half-Life RP Vice-Manager

Medieval RP Head Mod

Zombie RP Reserve