Klavigar

Klavigar´s staff application

RP Character name(s): Thomas Nicholson

Steam Name:  Klavigar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:164759916

Age when applying: 16

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: I am currently living in Germany. My time zone is UTC +1.

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes I can speak English very well.

Current total game-time on the server: Somewhere around 2-3 hours on the Beta server when it was out for testing.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP: Industrial 3rd Overseer, User.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes I do have a microphone. For communication I prefer to speak.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: No I haven´t broken any rules, since the server isn´t out yet.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums: I don´t use the Teamspeak 3 that often, but started to be more active on the forums.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen): I am still at 0 warns/kicks/bans. Same for the game time since the server isn´t out yet.

State the role of staff on the server: As a staff member your jobs is to make sure that the players are following the rules of the server. In the case when someone is breaking the server rules (not necessarily the city rules), your job here is to make that the player stop breaking that/those server rule/s, which can be done by anything ranging from a verbal warning to a permanent ban. You also help any player with their problems ingame, for example: Being stuck, needing a tool, questions about how the system works etc. Just try to help any players with whatever ingame problem/s they might have that is outside the role playing aspect.

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+):

City 24 is located in Geneva, Switzerland. This city is very modern compared to it´s counterparts, with a lot of high skyscrapers, which are used as apartments and military garrison for the citizens and Civil Protection units. Some of these skyscrapers are nearly almost as tall as the Nexus itself. Although this city might look very modern, it still has old decaying building where the resistence lives with the headcrabs and other wildlife.

The city i salso known for high levels of combine patrols maintaning order in the city streets. Living isn´t much easier for the citizens since the dictatorship here is very harsh, making life very dangerous in this city with Combines ready to kick down your apartment door at any time. In the lore it is also refered to as „The Royal City“. It is connected directly to City 17 by a railroad system. The main thing that the city has the offer is their skyscrapers as I said. Thanks to those it has a lot of space for the apartments and military garrisons.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?: There aren´t any out yet, but I will read the as soon as they come out.

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?: Same here as soon as they are out. I will read them.

List of all previous server staff experience: As of this time I have no reall Staff experience, but I am very intersted in getting some.

List of all previous RP experience:

SWRP: CT Executive Officer (Hierarchy member), CG Major, Jedi Knight and 74 AM (LCPL).

SCP RP: I was whitelisted fro SCP-1048 when it was still a whitelist.

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RUN_YOU_FOOL): Can´t send a friend request since I am level 0 on Steam.

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/thatgardentool/) :Can´t send a friend request since I am level 0 on Steam.

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/UNJoe/) :Can´t send a friend request since I am level 0 on Steam.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes I do understand that.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would first teleport to the player that reported, bring him aside and ask what happened. From there I would teleport to the player who has been accused of randomly killing people in cloak to spectate him for a bit. Durring this I would check his damage logs to see if he indeed damaged/ killed someone, if he indeed damaged/killed someone outside the role playing aspect I would bring him to a empty room and told him to explain himself, from there I could decide the punishment. In the case that I just see him shooting at everyone I would immediatelybring him to an empty room told him to explain himself before I decide the punishment.

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction: I would tell him about all the factions he can join and describe them a little so he can understand what they do. Then I would give him a link to our discord/forums and explain him that in there he can put up an application for the faction he is intersted in.

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around: I would pull him aside and tell him that what he/she was doing was againts the RP element of the server and that they can´t be going around ignoring the RP. Depending on the rank of the player and the severity of messing around I would give them a punishment based on those two things and gave them a link to the server rules for them to read.

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: As in the case of the question above I would again pull them aside and tell them that they can´t be ignoring the RP element of the game. Again depending on the players rank and the severity of the offence I would punish them accordingly and also tell their superior about it.

5 ) A player is prop spamming: I would first pull them aside and tell them that what they are doing is againts the server rules. Depending on the severity of the prop spam I would punish them accordingly for it.

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC: I would tell him that even if he/she doesn´t like the outcome of a RP situation, they can´t go out of character to change it by breaking the rules. Depending on the severity again I would punish them accordingly for this.

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punnish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing: I would show him the evidence again and the reason for his punishment. If he keeps on argruing about it I would call for a higher rank staff member to talk with him about his punishment. I would also give him a link to our unwarn forums so he can apply for a unwarn/unban if he still belives that he/she was right.

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules: If the FailRP he commited isn´t specified in the rules I would try to solve this with a higher rank staff member. I would also put a link for the unwarn forums so he can try to appeal his punishment. I would then speak about the thing the player broke with a server management  members, if they should add it into the server rules.

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules: I would tell him not to try going around rules by loopholes and punish him accordinngly for that situation. I would later bring up that/those loopholes with a server management memeber.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:

Tier 1 is refering to the situations when the player either Didn´t know that he was breaking rules/Breaking them Unintentional.

Tier 2 is refering to the situations when the player is breaking rules intentionaly/Knowing that there is a rule but breaking it anyways.

2 ) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two:

IC means sutiations that happens in the Role playing element and things you would do as if you were acually there.
OOC means anything that is outside the Role playing element.
Meta Gaming means taking thins out of OOC and using as an adventage in IC.

3 ) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:

Serious RP means that you must stay IC always and behave as your charace should/would behave.

Semi-Serious RP means that you don´t need to be always IC and do OOC stuff and situations.

4 ) Explain the difference between PassiveRP and CombatRP, explain your view on their importance in our gamemode:

PassiveRP is refering to situations where you are using you IC skills in order to achieve results from that situations without resolving to CombatRP.
CombatRP is when you are in fight with other players under the Role playing element (shotout betwen Lambda and CP units).

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting:

This is a situation where you put your character in dangerous environments on purpose so you can engage in CombatRP without technically breaking any rules.

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP:

This is refereing to situations where you try to Role play things your character can´t do to gain an advantege. For example "/me breaks out of cuffs and knocks out the guards" this is an example of power gaming.

7 ) Define the term FailRP:

This term is used for situations your character can´t if it was a really life. For example sitting on peoples heads, Alt + E abusing to get to places you can´t normaly enter.

8 ) Define the term FearRP: 

This is refering to situations where your character is held at a gun point and would be fearing for his life. You must listened to your captors orders since your charactor doesn´t want to obviously die.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

I have always been interested in becoming a staff memeber. From the first time I joined a Gmod server. From that time I have joined many servers and with that my interest to becoming a staff member grew. Durring those times I found myself on my first Werwolf server the SCPRP. Where I got quite familier with the seriousness of the Werwolf community. I was very active on that server playing on it nearly every day. I gather a lot of expirience when it comes to Passive and Combat RP. I was also accepted for the scp-1048 job, which game me a lot more interest in the server as a whole. After some time I started to get bored of SCP RP and eventualy I took a long break from Werwolf gaming as a whole.

At the start of Covid–19 I started playing again this time on SWRP where I met a lot of great people a got a lot of new expierence from it aswell. To the point of me reachig a Hierarchy member so I now have first hand expirience now how to manage a faction.

In total I have around 1800+ hours on Gmod which most of the has been spent on RP and mainly Werwolf servers. The reason I think I should be picked is my activity which is usually very high and the fact that I can solve problems carefully even in the heat of moments which can help in many situations where you have think carefuly even under the pressure of something and give it your best.  Overall I am generaly a nice guy who is pretty good to have around, but sometimes I can get quite angry. I am still workning on improving that.

-----------------------------------------------------

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years in age or older.

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly.

- You must have at least four (4) days of play time.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply.

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

Edited by Klavigar

Current ranks

HLRP Trial mod

This application is so small its not a improvement from last time.

Actually put effort into this then doing the absoutloute minimum word count.

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

-1  ( reasoning below )

On 1/25/2021 at 12:21 AM, Klavigar said:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would first teleport to the player that reported, bring him aside and ask what happened. From there I would teleport to the player who has been accused of randomly killing people in cloak to spectate him for a bit. Durring this I would check his damage logs to see if he indeed damaged/ killed someone, if he indeed damaged/killed someone outside the role playing aspect I would bring him to a empty room and told him to explain himself, from there I could decide the punishment. In the case that I just see him shooting at everyone I would immediatelybring him to an empty room told him to explain himself before I decide the punishment.

Ok, first I wouldnt spectate hime for "a bit" as the other guy literally has to wait that time, so just get them both in a sit area first. You can watch him after the sit to see if he behaves.  And please read through your application as the last sentense is not making any sense.

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction: I would tell him about all the factions he can join and describe them a little so he can understand what they do. Then I would give him a link to our discord/forums and explain him that in there he can put up an application for the faction he is intersted in.

First of he needs to apply for the faction IC, as I have written down this information under nearly every Staff application you could've known. But yeah explain them what they are and do. 

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around: I would pull him aside and tell him that what he/she was doing was againts the RP element of the server and that they can´t be going around ignoring the RP. Depending on the rank of the player and the severity of messing around I would give them a punishment based on those two things and gave them a link to the server rules for them to read.

Depending on the rank of the player ?  So NCO = Warn and CO+ = ban   ?  Please no.  Maybe playtime is the word you were looking for but the IC rank shouldnt be too much an indicator of a punishment.  ( that is just my opinion and can be wrong ) 

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: As in the case of the question above I would again pull them aside and tell them that they can´t be ignoring the RP element of the game. Again depending on the players rank and the severity of the offence I would punish them accordingly and also tell their superior about it.

Yeah punish them accordingly and notify their superior if needed.

5 ) A player is prop spamming: I would first pull them aside and tell them that what they are doing is againts the server rules. Depending on the severity of the prop spam I would punish them accordingly for it.

Maybe freeze the props and make him to delete his spawned props would be kinda good so the server doesent dies.

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC: I would tell him that even if he/she doesn´t like the outcome of a RP situation, they can´t go out of character to change it by breaking the rules. Depending on the severity again I would punish them accordingly for this.

As you have written often  depending on ...  punish accordingly.  Please be more specific like I would punish him for fail RP  or NITRP or stuff like that. Please include this next time if you get denied. 

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punnish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing: I would show him the evidence again and the reason for his punishment. If he keeps on argruing about it I would call for a higher rank staff member to talk with him about his punishment. I would also give him a link to our unwarn forums so he can apply for a unwarn/unban if he still belives that he/she was right.

Good solution, there is nothing missing ( if I remember correctly )

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules: If the FailRP he commited isn´t specified in the rules I would try to solve this with a higher rank staff member. I would also put a link for the unwarn forums so he can try to appeal his punishment. I would then speak about the thing the player broke with a server management  members, if they should add it into the server rules.

Trying to get another staff is always a reasonable answer but try to explain what you would do if no one could help you so you need to make a decesion.    Using loopholes in server rules is a big no no.  And as staff you have the ability to think for you own so if you truely think he was commiting failRP than warn / ban him for it.

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules: I would tell him not to try going around rules by loopholes and punish him accordinngly for that situation. I would later bring up that/those loopholes with a server management memeber.

Telling SMT about it is a good point, however I still would like more detail in you answers. 

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting:

This is a situation where you put your character in dangerous environments on purpose so you can engage in CombatRP without technically breaking any rules.

Well combat baiting is breaking a rule so yeah.  
You bait your oponent into engaging you.   
I mean a vulcan is a dangerous environment too but has nothing to do with combat. So try to specify this environment better / more.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

I have always been interested in becoming a staff memeber. From the first time I joined a Gmod server. From that time I have joined many servers and with that my interest to becoming a staff member grew. Durring those times I found myself on my first Werwolf server the SCPRP. Where I got quite familier with the seriousness of the Werwolf community. I was very active on that server playing on it nearly every day. I gather a lot of expirience when it comes to Passive and Combat RP. I was also accepted for the scp-1048 job, which game me a lot more interest in the server as a whole. After some time I started to get bored of SCP RP and eventualy I took a long break from Werwolf gaming as a whole.

At the start of Covid–19 I started playing again this time on SWRP where I met a lot of great people a got a lot of new expierence from it aswell. To the point of me reachig a Hierarchy member so I now have first hand expirience now how to manage a faction.

In total I have around 1800+ hours on Gmod which most of the has been spent on RP and mainly Werwolf servers. The reason I think I should be picked is my activity which is usually very high and the fact that I can solve problems carefully even in the heat of moments which can help in many situations where you have think carefuly even under the pressure of something and give it your best.  Overall I am generaly a nice guy who is pretty good to have around, but sometimes I can get quite angry. I am still workning on improving that.

Well, like I said earlier PLEASE read through your staff app after you have written it to avoid any spelling mistakes. 

OK,  your answers were correct in the gist but for me they are not written in enough detail as I have mentioned before. 
Also I have seen many spelling or grammar mistakes and they just look bad on a staff app. 
Another point is, that in the last past you have written most of your server experience and not about you as a person. The last part is why you should be accepted into staff and if I am honest I am not really convinced as there are not really key arguments. 

I wish you good luck but due to my reasoning I wil -1 it as I think you are not ready to be staff yet, or at least it didnt really show in your staff app.