RP Character name(s):

Thomas Nicholson

Steam Name:

Klavigar

Age when applying:

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/)

STEAM_0:0:164759916

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone:

As of this moment I am living in Germany, but I will be moving back to my home country some day in this year. My time-zone will remain the same which is UTC +1.

Can you speak and type English fluently:

Yes I can speak English fluently although it is my second language.

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time):

As of this moment the server isn´t out yet. So there isn’t any way for me to check it, but I was there on the first Beta test run in August and I stayed active on the discord server after that.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP:

IC: Industrial 3rd Overseer (CIU), Associate (Lambda).

OOC: User as of this moment.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak:

Yes I do have a working microphone. When I communicate with others I prefer to speak rather than type, but I can will type as well if necessary.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since:

I joined the server on the first Beta test run, which was in August 2020. After that I took a break from the server as it wasn’t out yet, but not the discord.

How often do you use our TeamSpeak  3 server and our forums:

I use TeamSpeak 3 everyday, as it is my main platform for communication. On the forums I am quite active. I take a look at them at least once a day.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen):

As of this moment I don’t have any OOC punishments on the server. I can’t provide a screenshot to prove this, because the server isn’t out yet.

State the role of staff on the server:

The role of the staff member is the make sure, that players of said server are following the rules guidelines, not causing any problems for each other and creating friendly RP environment. You may also help newer and older with any of their questions, if they asked you for them. In the case when someone is causing problems by breaking the rules, creating non friendly RP or anything that goes against the rules guidelines, you will be responsible for making the player stop doing those actions that are hurting the RP aspect of the server. This can be done by anything from a verbal warning to a permanent ban. Just remember that you are there for the players and the server.

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+):

City 24 is among the many cities that have been changed into the cities that we know as of today after humanity defeat in the 7 hour war against the Universal union. However this city is different from its counterparts. It isn’t called “Royal city” for nothing. City 24 is located in Geneva, Switzerland and is directly connected by a railroad to city 17. As mentioned previously this city is different from the other cities. It has tall buildings, some of them almost as high as the Nexus itself, which are used as apartments or military garrisons for the combine. The propaganda is much more present in the streets of city 24 with huge flags and posters decorating the city and very frequent combine patrols. Many citizens want to transfer to this city, simply from the fact that living in city 24 is much more safer than in any other city. In here you don’t have to worry about Civil protection kicking down your door at any given point and taking you to the Nexus for gods knows what. Although this city might appear in a lot better shape than the other cities, it still has a lot of decaying and broken buildings scattered on the edges of the city where wildlife lives, but this is also home to many Lambda members operating in the city.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?

Yes I have read them.

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?:

Yes I have read it, but I will still keep reading from time to time to make sure I remember them.

List of all previous server staff experience:

To this day I haven’t been a staff member on any server.

List of all previous RP experience:

I have been a CG Major and CT Executive Officer, so I have decent amount of experience on how to help newer players and also on how to deal with players with little to none role playing interest.

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RUN_YOU_FOOL)

As I am level 0 on Steam I can’t send friend requests.

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him (n/a)

N/A

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him (n/a)

N/A

Do you understand that you can be demoted at any time with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:

Yes I fully understand. Staff members must behave at all times, as they are seen as the most trusted members of the community on the server and any incompetence from staff members would make the server be seen in a bad light by the community.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people:

I would teleport myself to an OOC room (mainly staff room) and bring the player who has accused someone from randomly killing other players, than I would ask who is doing it and little background on the situation. After that I tell him that I am going to check on him and for him to patiently wait there, I would also tell him before teleporting, that if he/she has any more evidence, to prepare it. Before teleporting to the accused player I would cloak myself. Once that is done I would teleport to the player to see, if he is killing as of that moment.

-In the case where I see the player shooting/killing people without it being a proper combat RP situation (Lambda vs CP shootout). I would teleport him to the OOC room and then I  check logs for the exact numbers.

-In the case I don’t see the player shooting anyone, I would check the logs to see if the player in question shot/killed anyone. In the case where I do see that the player indeed shot/killed somebody I would teleport him to the OOC room.

Once I have teleported him to the room with the player who accused him/her and asked the player to explain what he/she was doing. I would let both players tell their story in full to get both sides of the story, in the case where I would need more evidence, I would also ask another player who has been involved with it for their story. After I heard from both side on the matter. I would make my decision depending on the severity of the “shooting”  and how many people he hit I would punish him by anything from a warning to a permanent ban.

In the case where I find out that the player who was accused either didn’t shot/killed anyone or is in a proper CombatRP situation. I would teleport back to the room with the accuser and tell him that the player in question didn’t break any rules, if I see that this was just a confusion on the accusing players side. I would warn him and give him the rules handbook, players handbook and tell him/her to read them before returning him/her back. However if I see that this was just an attempt to frame the player or waste staff time. I would ban the accuser for 1 or 2 days depending on the fact, if the player was a new or veteran player.

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction:

I would ask him in what faction he is interested in and that he needs to apply for it on the server, by going to its building. In the case where the player doesn’t exactly know what faction to would like to join. I would tell about each faction and what they do in short explanations and then I let the player decide on what faction the player would like to join. I would also give the player the players handbook, where he could find more information’s.

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around:

I would bring the player aside and tell them stop doing that and ask the player to explain why he/she was doing that. In the case where I understand that it was just an accident, misunderstanding or a new player. I would warn them and give them the rules handbook to read, however if the players was doing it on purpose I would ban the player for 1 or 2 days depending if he/she was a new or veteran player.

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly:

I would again pull the player aside and tell the player to stop and let the player explain why he/she was doing that. I would deal with the punishments the same as for the other situation of FailRP. However since this would most likely be a veteran the player the punishments would be a warn or 2 days ban. After that is done I would contact their faction leader about this, since unless I am the faction leader in question, I can’t punish them IC only in OOC.

5 ) A player is prop spamming:

I would freeze all the props and the player so the player can’t cause any more damage and then I would permanently ban them as it states in the punishment tier list.

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC:

I would bring him aside from the RP situation and tell the player that the player can’t simply break RP, because the player doesn’t like the outcome of the RP situation. I would allow the player to explain himself/herself. The would have player most likely committed Fail RP and Power gaming in an attempt to change the outcome. As this is very clearly done on purpose, I would ban the player for at least 1 or 2 days depending on the fact, if he/she was a new or veteran player.

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing:

I would show the player all the evidence and explain again the reason why am I giving him/her this punishment. If the player just keeps on arguing I would tell them that, staff word in a sit is final period and if the player still doesn’t agree with the punishment, I would give the player a link to the unban forums so the player can make a unban request there, if the player still believe that I was in the wrong.

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules:

I would point out that yes it is not stated in the Fail RP section, however I would also point to the sentence “anything that wouldn’t make sense in real life, won’t make sense IC either“, making the claim invalid. After that I would just proceed to punish him for the FailRP the player committed.

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules:

I would explain to the player that using loopholes is against the rules thus making then point invalid. I would then punish the player for the offence the player committed and then proceed to inform a member of the SMT about this loophole and warn other staff members about this player in the future.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:

Tier 1 rule-breaking is referring to situations where the player has broke the rules on accident or the player in question is a new player who hasn’t read the rules yet. In both scenarios I would give them the rules handbook and ask them to read it so they know next time and do any necessary punishment, which in most cases is just a warn.

Tier 2 rule-breaking is referring to situations where the player has broke the rules on purpose or is an veteran player (3+ day of playtime). In both scenarios the punishment is usually a ban.  

2 ) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two:

The difference between IC and OOC is that IC is referring to times when you behave as if you yourself were actually there hance the name “In character” and OOC means times when you are no longer playing as your character but rather outside of your character and doing things that would be really possible IC. Now Meta Gaming is a term used for when you take things from OOC and use them to your advantage IC example: Someone was talking that they are carrying drugs in OOC chat and Civil protection then thinks IC that he has drugs and search him for them.

3 ) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:

Serious RP means that you must always stay IC and you are not allowed to go out of character. You must always behave like you yourself was actually there.

Semi-Serious RP on the other hand means that you still need to be IC but there are periods where you don’t need to stay IC.

4 ) Explain the difference between PassiveRP and CombatRP, explain your view on their importance in our gamemode:

PassiveRP are situations where instead of violence you use words and actions to make an outcome of a situation IC. On the other hand CombatRP are situations where the parties involved are in combat with one and another and they can kill each other while still being fine in the eyes of the rule.

My views on their importance’s is that I see PassiveRP having a much bigger role, since death in a Serious RP isn’t to be taken lightly and with the introductions of PK (perma kills) combat RP will only be performed as a last resort and PassiveRP will that much more important and interesting for the players involved. Of course you can’t have it oriented at a single game mode, since then I would get quite repetitive. You simply can’t have one without the other.

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting:

That is referring to instances where a player tries to initiate Combat RP by means that wouldn’t make sense IC. For example: “A citizen just walks up to Civil Protection and pulls out his gun, which forces the CP units to initiate combat with the citizen”. This situation would be considered as Combat Baiting since pulling a gun right in front of CP units wouldn’t make any sense character wise and RP wise.

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP:

Power Gaming/Power RP are situations where a player tries to abuse the RP system by doing something that your character simply wouldn’t be able do like: “/me breaks out of hand cuffs and knocks out both CP units” and other things that abuse the RP system

7 ) Define the term FailRP:

FailRP is a term used when a player does something that is impossible to do or wouldn’t make any sense IC and is completely illogical to the RP element. FailRP is simply an act that you would never commit in acual life.

8 ) Define the term FearRP:

FearRP is term used in situations where you character is held at a gun point and you must remember that you have to act IC all the time. You would of course be fearing for your life and didn’t want to die so you must follow the person with the gun orders as to not die.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

I am probably not the best person to be pick out of them, but not the worst at same time. I am not going to pretend that I am a god among them. I am simply another one of the people that wish to be more than they are right now and to help others. I have always been very good with listening to people’s problems and finding a solution for those problems with them. I am person that can be trusted with people’s feelings and secrets. I am a person who like to go above and beyond for most things and make them the best they can such as this time. Another  reason why I should be picked is, because I am a person that can make any conversation a better place by just simply being there. Since I am quite a talkative person I have no problems asking and talking with people about their problems and other things that I can help with. I realize that I don’t have any staff experience, but I am more than willing to learn them if it means that I can help the community even more than I already have. My high play time on those servers help as well, since I am very active all the time. I have been with this community since the start 2018 and have been involved with many things which helped me gather experience. I am a hardworking person as well, although I like to sometimes relax a bit. At the end of the day if will be picked I will be more than happy to help the server as much as I can.

Current ranks

HLRP Trial mod

+1 
When I read through your staff app, it was an great improvement, you not only improved your answers but you actually listened to what I wrote under your previous, what is very good. I will not comment on every answer as there is no point if its simply correct. 
Your first part was very detailed so there is nothing much to add, maybe some smaller things but you will learn those things simply by experience at some point. The second part could be a tiny bit more detailed but the answers are on point so it does not matter that much. I also like the fact that you have included the handbook and rules doc. in your answers as a link what is always a good thing to do. 
I never met you ingame or anywhere else but the improvement of your staff app and the fact that you have listened to my advices tells me you are staff material and have the necessary dedication to become a great staff member. 
Due to my reasoning I will +1 and hopefully we can welcome you in the HLRP staff team.