Kabasch

SCP-457 Improvement Ideas

What am I going to make a suggestion on?: 

I am going to make a suggestion on SCP-457 and especially on the breach sequence when it breaches.

Why do I do this suggestion?:

Yesteryday I played as SCP-457 and breached. During this breaching sequence multiple things catched my eye that I want to talk about. To what I've seen yesteryday SCP-457 is near to impossible to recontain SCP-457 by not making use of the autorecontainment. Therefore it REALLY needs a change.

What do I want to change?:

First of all, these are just ideas. If you dis-/agree  please tell me, so we can find a consensus.

SCP-457 and the Resizer(not entirely sure if it is called that): 

I think I am not the only person that thinks that it is close to impossible recontaining SCP-457 via the Resizer since its either ineffective or random people keep on enlarging SCP-457 again. Therefore I would suggest a change with the resizer. Make it a bit more effective/stronger so it redcues SCP-457 more than before but give a cooldown of maybe 1-3 seconds. (I think there is already a cooldown, but I am not entirely sure). 

SCP-457 and his growing rate:

SCP-457's growing rate is like amazingly quick. In my CC I burned 3 props and 1 person and went as large as two playermodels on top of eachother. Maybe if the resizer cannot be changed slightly reduce the growth rate of it to a scale it is balanced with the current resizer of the containment units.

SCP-457 and his weirdo hitbox:

When SCP-457 grows, its hitbox grows with it. That shouldn't be a thing, not only because it is buggy as hell but makes the whole procedure as SCP-457 unplayable because you get stuck on anyone and everything. Some people even say, that the "actual" recontainment possibility is to let it grow till it is stuck onto the ceiling and wait for the auto-recontainment (which is kinda FailRP, because in reality there is no such thing). Also in his  SCP-Wiki entry(http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-457) it is described as "invisible and undetected by any known means, SCP-457 almost always assumes a human-like form" but is also able to take other forms and kind of "jumps" through target-to-target. Its not flying but some sort of floating, therefore it makes no sense it cannot get through a door because it is to big or stucks in a ceiling.

If you have any further ideas on how to make it more balanced, please do not refrain from telling us. I've seen a lot of people going nuts about it when I breached, therefore I think a lot of people are going to say something to this. 

kind regards,

Kabasch.

19 minutes ago, Kabasch said:

ome people even say, that the "actual" recontainment possibility is to let it grow till it is stuck onto the ceiling and wait for the auto-recontainment (which is kinda FailRP, because in reality there is no such thing).

It is most likely FailRP, but most people who know how broken 457 is will use that tactic as they don't wanna bother dying to it  for no reason.

--------------
A nerf was suggested to 457 before,  Hierarchy reduced the SWEPs damage. Its grow rate broke recently somehow(prob tickrate change? idk) that's what lead to the let him grow tactic.

image.thumb.png.8cbb484bb4a292cb0086768ea44576a6.pngXunt said this on the previous nerf thread.

Edited by Royal
formatting

Oh yea, the damage of SCP-457 Sweps wont change anything. It just makes it worse because it is nearly impossible to kill somebody with it unless you get them somehow blocked in a corner or stay to long with you in a room. I think the only thing that needs to get a serious nerf is the growth rate and increase the resizing of the resizer. In return maybe push the damage of the SWEP back up again.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, Kabasch said:

When SCP-457 grows, its hitbox grows with it. That shouldn't be a thing, not only because it is buggy as hell but makes the whole procedure as SCP-457 unplayable because you get stuck on anyone and everything.

I mean kinda ruins rp, imagine a fuckin 20 foot SCP-457 but his hitbox is just same as yours?

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic
On 3/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, Joe Conner said:

I mean kinda ruins rp, imagine a fuckin 20 foot SCP-457 but his hitbox is just same as yours?

Well I mean a fire doesn't stop moving into an area just cause it got to big and hit a door, and 457 is a fire soooo

7 hours ago, Poe Edgar said:

Well I mean a fire doesn't stop moving into an area just cause it got to big and hit a door, and 457 is a fire soooo

Well the facility is made of non-flammable material and so non-flammable material can't catch on fire so fire can't spread cause it can't catch on fire in the first place and fire can't spread without anything to spread to and there is nothing to spread to so fire can't spread

Hehe fire go brrrrrrr

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

resizer is there to trick you into believing it will contain 457

literally just make it bigger than the doors and leave it there, boom problem solved and it cant kill anyone as long as you keep people out

Edited by Nathan Dixon
typo
15 hours ago, Nathan Dixon said:

resizer is there to trick you into believing it will contain 457

literally just make it bigger than the doors and leave it there, boom problem solved and it cant kill anyone as long as you keep people out

The problem with that if you get caught doing that on purpose you get a nice and warm FailRP warn.

Hey there,

What if you bumped up the power of the resizer and gave 457 a short-range teleport tool with a cooldown? This would let him move in between rooms as a (living flame that jumps through people) without worrying about getting stuck in a room and the power bump in the resizer would allow you to actually rc him (I absolutely agree that several people surrounding him should allow them to rc him easily. If you do this right now, he burns faster then you can actually resize him)

Edited by Negative Neggiekins