Troll and Hater

Improving Security

Pool  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea?

As we all know secuirty are very special this causes a lot of unorganized secuirty to just mass murder d class for no reason or shoots at scp's etc. (Keep in mind these are diffrent suggestions that might don't work with each other

Heres my suggestions on how to improve the secuirty departament.

Secuirty departament should have command jobs like LT and HOS  whitelisted because people that have no idea of what they are doing are just sitting on that job not improving the secuirty at all. The whitelist should be simple to get, It should look like this:

Name:

Steamid:

Playtime:

What is the HOS/LT role (depends on what they are applying for):

What is a secuirty meeting for?:

What orders should you give to secuirty:

Do you know these procedures (explain them in few words):

Evacuation procedure:

Minor secuirty breach (like d class escaping):

Major breach: (like many scps breaching at once):

What do you do when the security is doing unorganized/lacks orders:

How do you deal with rouge secuirty:

How do you deal with insubordination:

List your superiors here(jobs not names like HOS,SD,O5 etc.)

What questions do you ask a researcher when he request a d class?:

Why do you think you fit for this role?:

Any past experience as an command job (JLT counts as that (JLT explained few lines under this))?:

Do you have any other whitelists?

Secuirty needs few more jobs:

Security overseer ( CL4 personel Armed with a pistol and hand cuffs) Whitelist job. Security/Administration job (Max one on site)

His job is to make sure that everything is in order in the secuirty departament, he also makes sure HOS and lt's are doing their jobs and are active on improving the secuirty. Gives whitelist(Promotions in RP) for HOS/LT can blacklist(Demote in RP) for being incompetent (or other reasons) Security overseer can Promote somebody to HOS/LT if he finds them competent and suitable for this job without and application (needs to be asked several questions first). This job is only given to trusted players to prevent somebody promoting his friends for no reason.  Can overrule HOS in event of an secuirty breach. If there is no HOS on site he doesn't takes his role he doesn't makes secuirty meeting etc. he can give orders to HOS to make one. Overall he has power over secuirty but he doesn't fight during secuirty breaches, he gives orders how to deal with these, deals with legal codex breaking, makes sure everything is by the rules and HOS is competent and that every secuirty has an assignment (like patrol LCZ/HCZ)). Can advise other combatants that are not security but can't give orders to them only has power over security. Deals with complains from secuirty or made on secuirty. Does not take part in gun fights, his weapon is for selfdefense.

Junior Lt.   Each LT has two JLT (Junior LT) assigned to him by HOS (or other superior) Junior LT's are secuirty guards that want to apply for LT/HOS this job has only power other secuirty guards (CL lvl3)  This job is needed for LT/HOS whitelist application so the person that want to be LT/HOS gains experience how to give orders and how does it looks like to be the one giving orders and not just reciving them. This job will prevent situations like an LT/HOS that just got his WL doesn't know what to do or is too confused to give proper orders. This job will help to have more experienced players as LT's/HOS and will help prevent abuses of power from LT's/HOS. This job should be lvl 20 NO WL so players that are not sure yet do they want to apply to LT/HOS will know how does it feels like to be in command of some people (secuirty guards and officers). (Max 4 on site)

Edit:

Adding a knowledge test system

I seen this one on a diffrent SCP-RP (few years back) servers its not complicated when switching a job to let's say secuirty officer you fill up (in game) a small test of knowledge (a box appears on your screen where you choose from pre-made answers which only one is correct) After filling up it it changes your job if you did it correctly if you did at least one wrong it tells you to fill it up again (to avoid cheating questions should change (all pre-made)) it will help reduce minges on the job also veryfying knowledege of security. Simple but working

Questions can include:

How does fearp works

What do you do as secuirty

When can you shoot the d class

Who is highest in secuirty

What do you ask from a researcher requesting a d class

and many more

Test can also be done on other jobs that are whitelisted and don't need to be but lack of knowledge of ppl playing on these jobs making bad RP made them WL

After solving the test console will give you WL of the job This works with the LT/HOS WL but doesn't work with JLT idea

Tactical Response Unit  (TRU)

Tactical Response Unit are the aces of secuirty most trusted and experienced members of secuirty promoted by Secuirty Overseer (or other high command job like HOS if the idea of Secufirty overseer gets denied) They have better equipment and better more demanding training they are trained by LT's of this unit and the secuirty overseer would be the head of this force they would deal with enemies regular secuirty can't handle, they would assist NU7 in dealing with internal threats like CI or Hacks. This unit would be directly under SO or HOS and regular secuirty would have no power over them (because they got promoted from secuirty) They won't be dealing with SCP's but human threats, armed in assault rifles and granades they would be a force enemies would have to rekon with druing raids or mass d class breach that secuirty can't handle. Overall another secuirty job but this time they are supposed to deal with more challenging threats like CI (or other GOI) or D class with guns

Ranks in TRU (highest to lowest):

SO (Secuirty Overseer or HOS if SO idea gets denied)

TRU Commander  (The best member of TRU promoted by SO  only one on site max CL4)

TRU Support, Medic (More experienced same rank as LT in secuirty CL3)

TRU PVT (New member CL3)

a bit more detail about jobs

SO (already explained)

TRU Commander

Promoted by SO best of the best must have ability to give orders in difficult situations have power over secuirty (not HOS, HOS can overrule his orders when it comes to regular secuirty not TRU)

possible equipment:

Any assault rifle (AK,HK, Peacekeeper etc.)

Acces to explosive granades (not gas or SCP)

Acces to LMG's

acces to MR96 (revolver) or Colt 1911

acces to explosives like S.L.A.M

Has power over ALL TRU expect SO

Has power over ALL Secuirty expect SO and HOS

Focuses on giving orders to TRU members not regular secuirty but can give orders to secuirty if needed (like lack of organization etc.)

WL Job

directly under SO (or HOS if SO gets denied)

Makes sure everything is in perfect order in TRU

Gives punishment to TRU members if they break the legal codex (Or other foundation Rules)

TRU Support

Acces to any LMG like RPD, M249 etc.

Acces to Shield

Acces to explosives

Can give orders only to TRU PVT and secuirty guards (Not LT's)

Focuses on preparing defenses and dealing with riots of d class

WL Job

TRU Medic

Acces to SMG and assault rifles  (like MP5 or AK)

Acces to medical kit

No acces to explosvies

Can give orders only to TRU PVT and secuirty guards (Not LT's)

Focuses on helping and healing other TRU members

Tries to avoid direct combat stays behind to heal the wounded (Can take part in gun fights)

WL Job

TRU PVT

Acces to Assault rifles and SMG

No acces to explosives

Can't give orders to anybody

Does some of the fighting and most of the dying

Focuses on shooting at enemies and not letting them escape until support comes by to help eliminate threat. Helps all TRU in their duties to get promoted

NOT WL JOB unlocked at lvl 40

Giving permissions to jobs like HOS, SD, O5 etc. to do /setjob on players, it will help remove minges from secuirty jobs and other, faster than just calling an admin that have more important stuff to do like dealing with rule breaking or mass rdm, simple but effective.

Edited by spooky boi

i see where you are coming from, but it won't work in it's current form (especially the security overseer thing).  The idea could work with some large tweaking, but not in this state.

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

security does need fixing but this wont fix it. try something without making security some huge thing with a long chain of ranks which are basically the same just with a different requirement to play

some things which might work are new rules or the players themselves fixing their attitude towards security and higher ranks making more difference, such as the SD overseeing how the HoS behaves more and demoting him where he sees fit

4 hours ago, Alan J Miller said:

no one will play hos/lt -1

This is to all that say "nobody will play WL job"

I edited in a possible solution of that problem not only for secuirty jobs

You will find it in the post it self under "Edit:"

Keep in mind that some suggestions won't work with eachother this why there is a line beetween them like JLT and the test system

Edited by spooky boi

Adding a knowledge test system

Adding a Q/A gate doesn't truly guarantee quality.

What if i publicly share the answers in a forum thread or people will just share the answers with each other (more likely). 

The answers will have to multiple choice which would trivialise the system. (Making the answers more easier to share)

Using a text input may result in possible applicants entering the correct answer but it will be missed by the system.

The root of the problem isn't with leadership. I've have seen HoS's despite being competent at their jobs are still forced to purge their entire security team. (See images below)

1754032051_unknown(2).thumb.png.84e2953e3068dc10cdb662c9bdce2849.png

1447977169_unknown(1).png.0d85295bdb6fd9b8d5fb07e6198187ed.png

If really wanted quality, I'd make the entire of security whitelisted but have fun convincing SMT to do that. As well as convincing the general playerbase to fill out the roles, run the WL and enforce quality.

But that would negate one of the points of Security. Which is to be starter job for newer players, those newer players can range from being lore experts in the SCP universe to those that don't even understand the concept of SCP. 

In my opinion, HOS and LT doesn't need a WL. The Level Requirement is already a hurdle big enough. (That is if you didn't spread your wallet for Harland)   

HOS is mostly filled at peak times and Site Adminstration can always demote troublesome/incompetent HOS's. The leadership roles should be easy to access, so that they can be filled. In most cases, a retarded HoS actually inspire those lower on the ranks to get HoS and do better. (I've actually seen it happen a rare few times)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, regarding your Tactical Response Unit  (TRU)

Sure, if you can get it past SMT. But they'll be like "Why do we need Nu-7 clone that allowed in LCZ?"

Also D-Class have it hard enough to escape as is. Imagine Security and this "TRU" on at the same time.

As well as, CI raiding mostly ends in a faillure when Nu-7 is organized. 

Edited by Avery Winters

uwu

You want to make a simple job more exclusive. True it would definitely guarantee that the people playing the job are more competent, but you sort of only have to have the competency of a monkey to do this job. This job isn't rocket science, and if someone is fucking up it's most definitely because they are either too stupid to listen, or they are minges.

Fixing security is something that I've also had a hard time coming up with a watertight solution to counter the current shit show that usually is security. 

However, whitelisting HOS and LT's won't fix anything really. Adding in more jobs based around security would add more problems.

The biggest problem with security is that security guards themselves do what they want to do instead of listening to commands half the time. As stated above by Aflie, it shouldn't be rocket science but to Security itself, it might as well be. 

New secuirty should be encouraged and be expected to listen to their higher ups and educate themselves on what the job requires of them. However, I would say good luck to solving that one.