Left

Left's Staff App

In-game name(s): Left

Steam Name: i cant feel my left leg

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/😞STEAM_0:1:58119962

Age when applying: 14

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: England 

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 7W 2D

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on SW-RP: 41st 2nd LT, Platinum VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: My microphone works perfectly

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: I joined the server in 2018/2019 and took a few breaks from the server but I'm aiming to be more dedicated now

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, SW-RP Discord and our forums: I use discord and Teamspeak almost all the time, I haven't used the forums that much yet as there isn't too much I need to ask about

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen): 8 warns - failrp, rdm, rdm, ardm, switching job to avoid punishment, propclimb, pac abuse, alt-e abuse https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2467513517

State the role of staff on the server: The main role for a staff member on SWRP is to help keep everyone happy and to help the server run smoothly. Staff will also help with other simple tasks like giving a phys gun and tool gun to someone for a training and can help set a good example of how play and behave.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? Yes, I am very familiar.

List of all previous server staff experience: None

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: I completely understand and there would most likely be good reason behind it

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: I would teleport to the player in question and if I see the mid-rdm I would freeze them in place then check logs to see how many people they killed and if it was MRDM or just RDM then I would warn or ban them accordingly 

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function: I would teleport to the cadet and tell them I will get someone for them, I would then ask battalion (if they haven't already) to request an NCO to cadet area and if that takes too long I would TP NCO's until the cadet is trained

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon: If it was an honest mistake I would let people IC deal with it more and then I would remind the CT to watch his fire and to reinform him on how to safety his weapon

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: This is an IC matter and I wouldn't usually pick someone up on it anyway but if I needed to I'd make sure they had the bind and that they could salute other people

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules: I would tell them that if they deliberately knew that it wasn't specifically on the rules list then they were clearly trying to find a loophole in the rules which is warnable in itself, but if they didn't know the rule, I would warn them then remind them on some other general rules based around that one

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: I would tell them I dont make the rules, I just follow them and to speak to someone higher up or request an unwarn on the forums and if they wanted someone right then and there I would get any higher admins to come over and explain to them also.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words): 

I believe that I am a candidate because I have learnt from my many past mistakes. I am sometimes seen as naïve, but when it really comes down to it I have learnt from so many things I have done in the past, that I will be able to see both sides of a situation in a staff sit and make a neutral decision. I am also planning on becoming extremely dedicated towards the server and my regiment as I really want to prove myself as most people have gotten the wrong idea about me from the past.

I am extremely energetic and so far I have been on every single day of being in 41st and I don’t plan on changing that. This means that even near the early morning when not many people are on or if a majority of the staff are on LOA or ROA, I might be there willing to help out other people who need that little bit of assistance. Even if there are lots of staff on I am still going to be helping out with claims and sits that people need taken.

I honestly believe I am going to try my hardest to change some peoples views about me, not by completely changing as a person, but just improving what they previously saw me as, which might have been immature and enigmatic to most situations, however I believe that given the right opportunity, especially with staff, I can really prove to people how I have learnt from past mistakes and how I can adapt and change when necessary.

Concluding this, I believe that my determination and personality will be a great aspect to bring to the staff team as I can really help out the server and keep things in a great condition!

+1/neutral Extremely nice guy, great member of 41st. But there are a few issues with the fact you've been warned a few times and that there are a few grammar mistakes

Neutral

- You´ve had a few warns before but you seem to have improved

- Pretty good playtime

- I didnt like the answers to some of the questions in the application and I think you could have been more clear and explained a bit more. For example I didnt like the 6th answer in the "Explain how you would handle these situations as a staff member" because I think telling them that wont help them actually understand. Instead it will create more arguing and instead maybe try explaining a bit more about what they did wrong and if they dont listen just give them the link to the unban request, explain how they do that and leave them where they were.  

- Still good luck mate and hopefully it goes well. 

Current Ranks

🐸