Oswald Bruner

Varied XP Salary per job

As it stands, the current XP salary for non-SCPs is 500. This works at very low levels but is useless at higher levels (20+) with how XP scaling works. I would like to see varying XP salary for jobs that require level 15 or higher to play. Level 15 should be the beginning because that is the maximum level for the CDC XP machine, and the level needed for MD. The beginning XP given at level 15 should be at 2000, scaling by 4000 additional XP per 5 levels required for the job to be played. Except for level 45 which will be set to 25000 XP. These XP scales can change based on the opinions of the community and staff. This suggestion can or can not include SCP jobs depending on the opinion if the community..
Scaling chart:

• 15: 2000
  • 20: 6000
  • 25: 10000
  • 30: 14000
  • 35: 18000
  • 40: 22000
  • 45: 25000

The argument can be made that there are already ways to gain XP like MD, engineer or service personnel. Although these are great ways to gain XP they are limited in slots, and MD is the only viable one in terms of XP/min. Playing MD for the purpose of gaining XP is also a soul-sucking and frankly boring task. This is RP, and not everything has to be constant engagement and fun but reducing the ~6 hours required grinding XP as MD to maybe around 4 would help out new players and be a QOL change. This isn't some extreme rework but it would be a nice change regardless. 

You may also think that the XP change would be broken and everyone would be high level instantly, but consider the following using the grind of level 45-50 as an example:

Spoiler

• The grind required to reach 45-50 as MD making ammo kits takes around 1 1/2 hours.
  • Ammo kits are made every 5 seconds with 5000 XP per ammo kit made
  • There are 3600 seconds in an hour, and 1800 in half an hour
  • This means that the time required to go from 45-50 is 5400 seconds
  • 5400/5 is 1080, the number of ammo kits needed
  • 1080 x 5000 equals 5,400,000 XP required to reach level 50 from 45

*These numbers are not exact and can vary
*They, however, do not include the between-time of making ammo kits, which is about a second
* So, increasing the time of 5400 seconds by 20% (1 second is 20% of 5 seconds. 5/1 is .2, which equals 20%, as 100% = 1) would yield 6480 seconds (5400 x 1.2) which is 108 minutes, so the realistic grind is around 2 hours

To compare this between XP salary that is given every 10 mins (I think, could be 15) at level 45 and the grind stated above.

• 60 seconds in a minute, 600 in 10 (the time between XP salary payments)
  • So every 10 minutes you get 25000 XP
  • 5,400,000 (the estimated XP needed to go from 45-50) divided by 25000 is 216
  • 216 x 10 (the time between XP salary payments) is 2160
  • So 2160 / 60 is 36
  • This means you would have to play a level 45 job for 36 hours to go from 45-50.
  • Now let's compare that to the current 500 XP salary
  • 25000/500 is 50
  • 36 x 50 is 1800
  • So you would have to sink 1800 hours just playing normally to go from 45-50
  • Which is 75 days or 10.7 weeks to reach level 50

This is just for 45-50, the numbers vary slightly for decreasing levels

So yeah XP change good

Yes, math is my favorite subject

TL;DR for the thing above: blah blah blah blah nerd shit that disproves a counterargument. 

You could also say that too many lvl 50 players would be an issue, but it is not. As plenty of lvl 50 players out there play lvl 30 jobs and other things like that. 

So, now with the numbers out there I can say that not everyone would be high level instantly. I COULD go into percentages and average players online vs the number of MD slots and blah blah blah to talk about how it would take a long time for everyone to be high level and the average hours needed plus the average new players gained and how it would affect the numbers and all that but no thanks.

In summary, this would just help along the journey from 15-50. Slight change, but a nice one.

Edited by Oswald Bruner
More content

I agree that playing MD just to sit in a random room spamming ammo kits is a brainless way to farm levels but it's also the only one.

11 hours ago, Oswald Bruner said:

You could also say that too many lvl 50 players would be an issue, but it is not. As plenty of lvl 50 players out there play lvl 30 jobs and other things like that. 

Nah i don't think anyone would say that , most of the playerbase is already lvl 50 anyway.

+1 not a bad idea , would make new players incentivized to keep playing RP jobs rather then just grind MD

12 hours ago, Maurice D Biggs said:

Wouldnt it be eaiser to ... adjust the Scaling of the needed XP......

Yes it would...

Also I feel like it exists this way so that ppl as they level up, understand the rules and how the server functions better. Rather than them getting from lvl 1 to 50 in the course of like 5 days or something. Even now, I encounter lvl 50's that don't really understand stuff cause they just farmed xp as a manufacturing personnel in a corner, not really engaging with the server in the ways that they should. So just adjusting the amount of xp needed to just the right amount so that people both level somewhat faster, yet at the same time, understand the server would be better.

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic
On 4/26/2021 at 10:24 PM, Oswald Bruner said:
  • 15: 2000
  • 20: 6000
  • 25: 10000
  • 30: 14000
  • 35: 18000
  • 40: 22000
  • 45: 25000

I hardly doubt that, even if this gets accepted, those numbers will get applied by SMT. Maybe reduce the XP gained throughout Manufacturing if those get applied? Otherwise it forces them to exactly do that:

On 5/2/2021 at 7:40 AM, Joe Conner said:

cause they just farmed xp as a manufacturing personnel in a corner, not really engaging with the server in the ways that they should.

*cough* somehow they need to attract players to buy levels on store *cough*

Though +1 for this, running around and doing rp is better than brainlessely pressing E and Leftclick every 5 seconds on a table.

Edited by Kabasch