Peter file

Change PME rules

Right now the PME rules are extremely vague and when you try to RP with certain jobs you are told " Just apply for ??? "

1.13.1: PMEs are strictly forbidden and can range from starting a cult to making up an SCP object; ensure you contact staff if you are unsure if something is a PME.

My suggestion is, allow people to PME as long as it complies with some set requirements.

1. The PME doesnt require any new SWEPS or any modifications to the server be made.

2. The PME isnt mingy in its nature, for example it isnt just civillians using /setjob to give themselves an ID that allows them to comply with CI or any other job. To give that job an unnessesary advantage in a certain situation E.G Recruiting Civillians because they used /setjob Chaos Insurgency Alpha or MTF Nu-7

3. SMT is informed if a player plans to create a PME.

4. The PME isnt malicious, E.G CI making a custom group that cooperates with Foundation and using that to gain access to the facility and to gain documents they wouldnt otherwise obtain would be considered a bad PME and not be allowed.

Due to me trying to Passive RP with Foundation recently and being told that it was PME i decided to make this. Although technically it can be considered a PME, it was purely just to improve RP and in my opinion perfectly fine. I hope the PME rules change, as i honestly believe it would improve RP.

Edited by Peter file

only reason PME rule exists is "people minge". However some people actually do interesting shit only to get told its a PME and told to quit it, why aren't they allowing something that is interesting and fun for everyone? Also I don't really think it's really that efficient having to ask for permission to SMT every time you want to RP in a non-conventional manner, just allow it and if it gets mingy, staff will intervene anyways

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

1 hour ago, Maurice D Biggs said:

So, PME is "Player Made Event", if SMT/Event Planner are informed and permit it ...... then it wouldnt make it PME anymore, so this suggestion is kinda useless.

Why not make it a rule, that promotes players to create their PME's that are goof for RP and tells them to ask SMT for permission, it doesnt clearly state that, thats what i mean

3 minutes ago, kenopsia said:

only reason PME rule exists is "people minge". However some people actually do interesting shit only to get told its a PME and told to quit it, why aren't they allowing something that is interesting and fun for everyone? Also I don't really think it's really that efficient having to ask for permission to SMT every time you want to RP in a non-conventional manner, just allow it and if it gets mingy, staff will intervene anyways

Yeah i agree that it could become annoying to SMT, but whats wrong with asking SMT for permission to do a creative RP scenario and improve server RP without being reported for creating a PME,

18 hours ago, Peter file said:

Yeah i agree that it could become annoying to SMT, but whats wrong with asking SMT for permission to do a creative RP scenario and improve server RP without being reported for creating a PME,

Thing is you can already do that , you just ask them , hey can i do this the others have aggreed to it , and if they say yes it's no longer a PME

2 hours ago, Fayne™ said:

Thing is you can already do that , you just ask them , hey can i do this the others have aggreed to it , and if they say yes it's no longer a PME

Doesnt always happen, with the recent archon labs thing, we had informed plague ( he was fine with it btw ), but it was still shut down for PME, also just making it more clear in the rules that " you can ask for SMT permission " would be great.

Edited by Peter file
18 hours ago, Peter file said:

Doesnt always happen, with the recent archon labs thing, we had informed plague ( he was fine with it btw ), but it was still shut down for PME, also just making it more clear in the rules that " you can ask for SMT permission " would be great.

If Staff really shutdown a event for PME, which was permitted by Plague ...... you maybe should be reporting that Staff Member to SMT ( if you haven't allready ), cus that just hurts my head.