kenopsia

Bodyblock Discussion Thread

(1.16.) Bodyblocking whilst unarmed is not allowed. You can only bodyblock somebody if you have a gun out (On or off safety) or you have a stunstick out.

What do you guys think about this rule? 

Today there were way too many instances of guards coming into the airlock and D block for no reason but to just bodyblock doors and kill Class D's with the doors. I think only 1 guard at a time should be allowed in the airlock at once because it gets really annoying when there are 4+ guards all with their guns out just bodyblocking the airlock, this is especially a problem when they are telling us to get out but there are other people in the way so it is impossible to go back anyways. I am sure many others who play Class D will agree with me on this. Let me know what you guys think about this issue

Another thing I would like to add is:

(2.12.) Do not make killboxes of any kind, they provide an extremely unfair advantage to defenders. A killbox is defined by a confined area in which attackers are forced to funnel through and can very easily get stuck in where defenders would be able to pick them off whilst they wait for a door or something of the sort to open.

I know that the airlock comes with the map and can't be removed in any way, but the airlock is exactly the definition of a killbox, especially when both the doors are closed on you while you're inside and the guards just start shooting everyone. What do you guys think? Below is the link of a clip containing all the shit we have to go through in the airlock. 

-Kyle Webb, President of the Class D Union

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

I agree with your first point about bodyblocking and guards because we already have d boy minges so security minges would make it a lot worse.

however you 2nd point about d block cp being a kilbox doesn't make sense as i believe as long as you're hidden from the window you are in cover from the controls. (unless you can shoot through glass.) either way i think a killbox issue could be solved by making it so one hack opens both doors.

I am here to launder money

15 minutes ago, Nathan Kennedy said:

however you 2nd point about d block cp being a kilbox doesn't make sense as i believe as long as you're hidden from the window you are in cover from the controls. (unless you can shoot through glass.) either way i think a killbox issue could be solved by making it so one hack opens both doors.

you can shoot through the windows, does depend on your guns caliber though
It is a killbox but a necessary one, bodyblocking with a weapon can be annoying but its reasonable

What I would like to be changed for body block rules, is additionally not only if you're armed, but if the person you're blocking is unarmed or not. This can however cause issues as people can mistaken people who are armed for being unarmed and cause issues with staff, however it also just stops MTF from blocking the door leaving GG essentially just trapping you there. 

We actually have 2 killboxes on the server, 1) D-Block, 2) MT.

D-Block is havoc and it is completely necessary to have body block rules and a "killbox" there, as D-Class have no NLR or any reason to stay alive, they can just swarm and rush D-Block constantly, so if you're a lvl 15 security guard, body blocking is really your only option, and even then D-Class can easily escape, evident enough by the security screaming on the comms every 5 mins that there is a D-Class breach. D-Block should be hard to escape and easy to man, not the other way around, as it's a prison block and there are armed personal. 

And especially now, with D-Class being able to easily obtain knifes and keycard to escape, any kind of "buff" for them shouldn't happen, as they're annoying enough anyways. 

Additionally respectfully and in my opinion people playing as a D-Class should only be really playing because 

1) They just spawned in

2) They're brand new

3) They want to RP with researchers

It's annoying to see a lvl 50 screaming RDM when they cause issues at D-Block, yelling at new players and encouraging a bad behavior and first impressions on the new players, with security having PTSD and having a trigger finger, at least it wasn't as bad as when we had the supplies box in V5 armory. 

D-Block and D-Class shouldn't have much more purpose than to be a tool for researchers to use. With the chance to escape every now and there instead of D-Block being a shit hole with everyone Earraping, spamming slurs, screaming RDM and rushing the airlock to run to 914 only to be blasted by a security camping the door so anything to encourage more of this behavior shouldn't happen. 

On 5/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, wasabix said:

this is especially a problem when they are telling us to get out but there are other people in the way so it is impossible to go back anyways.

Out of the entire post this is the only thing I agree with , there should be a specific rule preventing you from killing dclass that are getting bodyblocked or in general can't actually leave the airlock. In the past I've had people kill me and just say "eh I gave a warning and counted down" as if I could do anything about it. It's also the reason why , when I'm playing security , I wait for everyone to exit airlock and only shoot those who are purposefully waiting to get killed.

4 minutes ago, Fayne™ said:

Out of the entire post this is the only thing I agree with , there should be a specific rule preventing you from killing dclass that are getting bodyblocked or in general can't actually leave the airlock. In the past I've had people kill me and just say "eh I gave a warning and counted down" as if I could do anything about it. It's also the reason why , when I'm playing security , I wait for everyone to exit airlock and only shoot those who are purposefully waiting to get killed.

I agree with you, it gets annoying when guards shoot us when we are unable to leave the airlock. In some instances, the door gets closed behind us but we still get killed even though we aren't allowed to go anywhere.

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO