Jim Johnson

SCP Queue Changes

So playing scp right now can be very boring since depending on the scp you’re playing, you can be waiting up to 30 minutes doing nothing in order to actually have fun. Now obviously, some scps need this as they are just too annoying to recontain or too dangerous to be released every 15 minutes. So I want to propose that certain scps have different times it takes them to breach so both longer queues are slightly less long and you can have more fun playing scp.

First thing I’m going to make clear is that if an scp is recontained by the auto recontainment(aka they stay out for too long that the game must recontain them) then a 3 or 5 minute cooldown(not sure on which, though I think 5 is more safe) will be applied, if any scp were to breach during the cooldown it is extended till the end of the cooldown

Second thing is I think it would be better if there was an actual indication for how long an scp still has to wait(just like a countdown on their screen). Now onto the actual times for each scp

913: 15 minutes

This one is obvious, 913 is so weak that I’ve rarely ever see them kill one person.

173: 15 minutes

173 I’ve never seen be a threat unless they are in a mass breach event, I think they need this(if y’all think this is too little of a time, then 20 minutes)

049: 20 minutes

I’ve never seen 049 be a massive threat to the sites safety and they can be very easily recontained, though with enough 049-2s I could see them being dangerous(I can definitely see an argument for them being 15 minutes)

939: 20 minutes

939s knockback is completely horrible and because of that they are one of the easiest to recontain, when the knockdown is not taken into consideration they are meh.

035: 25 minutes

035s constant ability to switch allows them to stay out for a good time but due to them main weapons being whoever they possessed had, with no reserve ammo for guns

966: 25 minutes

It’s invisible and requires an anomaly tracker, I think thats enough to be a problem and it would be annoying to have to deal with it so often, but it’s not dangerous enough for 30 minutes

106: 30 minutes

It has allot of powers which make it hard to deal with and it’s two ways of recontainment still have difficulty in proceeding with and require allot of focus for security personnel and mtf

3114: 30 minutes

Invincible and can only be recontained via luring them with a class-d. Difficulty is worthy of 30 minutes

457: 30 minutes

Annoying af to contain

008-2: 30 minutes

Can last for a while via spreading to many people

076-2: 30 minutes

Fast, annoying, durable, very deserving of 30 minutes

682: 30 minutes

It’s 682

"This isn't BreachRP" - Every SMT in the history of the server

Would also require a complete remake of the current auto-breach system, which is really not worth the hassle

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Second thing is I think it would be better if there was an actual indication for how long an scp still has to wait(just like a countdown on their screen).

This has been denied more times than I could count. If an SCP gets a timer for when they are gonna breach, they'll just go AFK until like 1 minute before the breach. Not much RP there.

Gotta agree with Randy

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

all of the above

Current Ranks: 

MTF A-1 Agent | CI Reserve Manager | MTF E-11 Agent | HoEA | SCP Staff

Past Ranks:

SCP Moderator | MTF E-11 Commander | UIU Agent | CI Delta | HoEA  | MC&D Salesman |  Nu-7 SGT | GM SOF Colonel | Medic  x2  | 501st SOF Colonel

On 11/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, Randy Walters said:

"This isn't BreachRP" - Every SMT in the history of the server

Would also require a complete remake of the current auto-breach system, which is really not worth the hassle

This has been denied more times than I could count. If an SCP gets a timer for when they are gonna breach, they'll just go AFK until like 1 minute before the breach. Not much RP there.

What Randy Said^^^

valdis romeo

Pending

Custom breach timers will be discussed with the dev team though it may require a complete overhaul to the breach system, in which case it won't happen.

We are currently looking at buffing SCPs and possibly reducing the breach waiting time to make them more of an actual threat and less of a small inconvenience.