Ivanskov | CSFreeloot.com

Common issues and potential fixes

Some issues and stuff

Some stuff is more known, some stuff is less known. This is more directed to newer people I guess which might struggle to find solutions.

Issue#1 Mat_specular 1

This issue has been plaguing server since V2, but thankfully It's fairly easy to fix. This is mostly directed to newer players who might not know how certain stuff works.

Basically in short, some maps and models ( including ours ) are usually missing textures that are meant to make shit look "reflective".  In our case it can be old E-11 model looking really shiny or current map having weird pink/black squere bullshit on some buildings.

To fix this issue, you open the console and type "Mat_specular 0" ( It will freeze your game for a bit if you do it while on server )

Just as a reference:

Spoiler

Issue#2: Hard freeze when opening context/spawn menu

This one might be useful to know. Generally there is a lot of reasons why you lag, but I'll cover the biggest one ( imo ).

Basically leaving PAC settings ( PAC3 included ) in utilities open will most likely cause your game to kneel every time you open context or spawn menu. Solution? Just don't leave them open I guess.

Demonstration:

Spoiler

Issue#3

For whatever reason sometimes you can't see a model ( usually playermodels ) or entities, such as foundation doors ( doors always look closed even when they get opened and stuff ).

This is more known solution. If you let's say see invisible player ( even tho they aren't meant to be ) you can open your console and type "record *name/number*" ( I tend to just do "record 1" ) and then type "stop". This should usually fix minor stuff. ( Note: PAC3s will require to be reapplied and stuff )

Example: HoS was invisible

Spoiler

Sound related stuff:

• You hear map-wide fire.

Most likely caused by flamethrower that E-11 has. ( It's fire sound is map-wide for whatever reason )

• You hear constant electricity/zapping sound ( rare usually, but was issue before that's why I'm mentioning it )

Tesla tool in Effects section has map-wide sound for whatever reason ( Event staff generally should have "play sound" ticked off when using that tool )

• You hear bunch of random loud noises. ( Known, but incase new people and stuff )

Usually it's PAC3 related, someone has applied/reapplied their PAC3 ( which contains sounds ).

• You stop hearing some sounds ( footsteps etc, can be anything )

A lot of things can cause this, lag is usually one of em. Type "Stopsound" in console ( usually fixes it )

MISC:

There are more, but It's late and stuff. I'll edit the page If I think something needs to be added.

Feel free to respond to the thread if you know a "feature" ( bug ) and have a fix etc.

Edited by Ivanskov | CSFreeloot.com

+300 social credit

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic